“Comfortable Night rest” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Marietta, Georgia
“Comfortable Night rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Panama City Beach on 8-9-12.
I was very impressed with the condition of the room that we stayed in. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet too. I forgot to mention they have free wi-fi too. This hotel is not bad for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stopped at the Clarion Inn on our way to Panama City Beach. None of us has ever stayed at a Clarion Inn before so we didn't know what to expect. Upon check in we were given free drink tickets for the on site bar. We settled into our rooms and then headed to the pool. The pool is pretty standard with not many people. After the pool we headed to the bar to collect our drinks. Surprisingly, this was a full bar nightclub type place. We met a lot of really nice people and the staff were great. The rooms are pretty average for a motel/hotel, but hey we are in Dothan, AL. I never even heard of it until this past stay. Would def stay again. Thinking about going back for the Peanut Festival. LOL

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We usually travel thru this area on our way to the beach. This was our first stay at Clarion. The hotel was clean and the restaurant/lounge was a nice area that usually isnt seen in most motels. The price for the room was ok. The beds were comfy. The rooms are a bit dated and the bathrooms are as well. We had a fridge and microwave and it was fine for a quick place to sleep. Close to Dunkin Donuts and The Pink ELephant had excellent pizza. I wouldnt want to stay there longer than a quick nt though....just a preference of mine. I am more of a plush hotel resident ; )

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Millbrook, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

An older hotel obviously, but the renovations are a welcome improvement. The rooms are average hotel rooms, and due to the summer heat can often have high humidity in the mornings but the A/C works wonderfully. Plenty of television channels and the WiFi is wonderful. I would recommend (as a network administrator) the password could probably use a little revision and added security (special character, etc. ... you'll see when you check in). The only draw back is this: DON'T brew yourself a fresh cup of coffee in the morning ... just wait and enjoy at the free breakfast. The in-room coffee selection (packets) are absolutely horrible and all 7 members of our team shuddered at the reaction we each had in our rooms. The staff and manager on duty (Hannah) were absolutely spectacular in setting up our meeting and ensuring that every need was met before we thought of it. Definitely a location that we will use again for our team meetings due to its central location between multiple cities and convenience off off 231. Thanks!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family and I just spent 5 days at this hotel, and while it's not a fancy hotel, it is comfortable with clean rooms. I've lived long enough to know I don't need chocolate's on my pillows or bed turn-down service. I do it all by myself just fine at home. I also don't need a grand view of the ocean or city from my window. If I want, I'll go there and see it up close and personal (unless it's Afghanistan). I'm not Michael Phelps, so I don't need an Olympic sized pool. The one at this hotel is just fine and refreshing. The breakfast isn't 5 star, but neither is the price, and you'll get a good meal along with pleasant wait staff. The front desk crew was very helpful and kind. The housekeeping team did a good job every day. The beds were comfortable, TV worked just fine, and the air conditioner was great. It was nice to have a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. For folks who like to complain about every little thing, they could likely find something, but for those of us who just need a comfortable room and a restful night, this fits the bill.

Room Tip: There's less foot and vehicle traffic on the upper level, and the eastern side is closer to the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel was run down & dirty. Carpet was nasty, wear shoes at all times!! Made reservations months in advance, asking for first floor due to medical issues and where did they put us second floor and would not change us! We were very limited to how many times we could use the steps. No elevator! Will NEVER stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sue N

Travellers are raving about these Dothan hotels

The Villages, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a verterans group reunion booked at the hotel. We're generally pretty easy to please and understand this place is not the Ritz, but there's no excuse for dirt and grime. You do not want to walk on the carpet barefoot -- the bottoms of your feet will be black in about 10 steps. I wiped down the bathroom door and handle before I would touch it. There were also condensation drip marks on the door both inside and out -- they wiped off with just light pressure, which tells me it hadn't been cleaned at all. The towel bar at the vanity was falling off the wall. A call to maintenance had it fixed in minutes, but housekeeping should have caught that, not us. The furniture is old, but not too beat up. The mattress appeared to be fairly new and was actually pretty comfortable.

The staff does its best, but they can't make up for basic amenities with friendliness. The breakfast in the morning would have been pretty good if the buffet hot foods had been hot. Coffee service was by servers (not self service) and getting a cup of hot tea took major effort. While the servers were unfailingly courteous, they were woefully understaffed. I actually felt sorry for them, rushing from table to table, trying to keep the buffet stocked, refilling coffee, resetting tables, all as fast as they could.

There aren't a lot of choices of hotels near Fort Rucker, so this was probably as good as it gets for a group the size we had. But if you have a choice, I would recommend going elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends