“Room was nice, outside needs some TLC”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We stopped here on the way back north from Florida. We got a terrific rate on a king room. The room was clean and spacious. They need to update the TV to a flat screen with a controller that is easy to operate. The TV controller in the room was too complicated to use with 3 steps to get the TV and cable box on. The breakfast was a hot buffet in the restaurant and was delicious and plentiful. The exterior walks and corridors need to be cleaned better on a regular basis. All of these areas had cigarette butts all over and the the top of the stairs to our room(Yep, no elevator)had a liter Coke bottle half full of Coke and butts. I liked the rate, but will chose elsewhere if traveling thru Dothan again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Well after reading reviews on here that we could get a free drink ar the full bar I picked this hotel. Traveling with my husband and two young girls and a family of 7 in the van behind us on our way to fl.we were ready for a drink. To our suprise they had a karaoke contest! What a fun nite we had! Left kiddos with granny to get our drinks and karaoked then walked accross street to eat dennys! As far as the rooms go. They were good. Just had to keep our shoes on. Buts beds were very white n clean...so were towels. For the price we got with a coupon was 54dollars! Thought this place would be skanky! Breakfast was free too. It was hott! Awesome real breakfast buffet with a waitress and nice resteraunt! Very friendly people! Very happy! Would luv to stay again!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Panama City Beach on 8-9-12.
I was very impressed with the condition of the room that we stayed in. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet too. I forgot to mention they have free wi-fi too. This hotel is not bad for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stopped at the Clarion Inn on our way to Panama City Beach. None of us has ever stayed at a Clarion Inn before so we didn't know what to expect. Upon check in we were given free drink tickets for the on site bar. We settled into our rooms and then headed to the pool. The pool is pretty standard with not many people. After the pool we headed to the bar to collect our drinks. Surprisingly, this was a full bar nightclub type place. We met a lot of really nice people and the staff were great. The rooms are pretty average for a motel/hotel, but hey we are in Dothan, AL. I never even heard of it until this past stay. Would def stay again. Thinking about going back for the Peanut Festival. LOL

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We usually travel thru this area on our way to the beach. This was our first stay at Clarion. The hotel was clean and the restaurant/lounge was a nice area that usually isnt seen in most motels. The price for the room was ok. The beds were comfy. The rooms are a bit dated and the bathrooms are as well. We had a fridge and microwave and it was fine for a quick place to sleep. Close to Dunkin Donuts and The Pink ELephant had excellent pizza. I wouldnt want to stay there longer than a quick nt though....just a preference of mine. I am more of a plush hotel resident ; )

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

An older hotel obviously, but the renovations are a welcome improvement. The rooms are average hotel rooms, and due to the summer heat can often have high humidity in the mornings but the A/C works wonderfully. Plenty of television channels and the WiFi is wonderful. I would recommend (as a network administrator) the password could probably use a little revision and added security (special character, etc. ... you'll see when you check in). The only draw back is this: DON'T brew yourself a fresh cup of coffee in the morning ... just wait and enjoy at the free breakfast. The in-room coffee selection (packets) are absolutely horrible and all 7 members of our team shuddered at the reaction we each had in our rooms. The staff and manager on duty (Hannah) were absolutely spectacular in setting up our meeting and ensuring that every need was met before we thought of it. Definitely a location that we will use again for our team meetings due to its central location between multiple cities and convenience off off 231. Thanks!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family and I just spent 5 days at this hotel, and while it's not a fancy hotel, it is comfortable with clean rooms. I've lived long enough to know I don't need chocolate's on my pillows or bed turn-down service. I do it all by myself just fine at home. I also don't need a grand view of the ocean or city from my window. If I want, I'll go there and see it up close and personal (unless it's Afghanistan). I'm not Michael Phelps, so I don't need an Olympic sized pool. The one at this hotel is just fine and refreshing. The breakfast isn't 5 star, but neither is the price, and you'll get a good meal along with pleasant wait staff. The front desk crew was very helpful and kind. The housekeeping team did a good job every day. The beds were comfortable, TV worked just fine, and the air conditioner was great. It was nice to have a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. For folks who like to complain about every little thing, they could likely find something, but for those of us who just need a comfortable room and a restful night, this fits the bill.

Room Tip: There's less foot and vehicle traffic on the upper level, and the eastern side is closer to the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family