“Nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
The Villages, Florida
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we stayed here within the month. Both experiences have been very pleasant. Nothing fancy but they appear to be completing exterior updating. Rooms are clean....bath appears old but clean and functions. All the staff that we have come in contact with were very nice... from front desk to housekeeping to buffet servers and staff. Hotel has onsite bar that serves food. We didnt eat there but had a couple drinks. Typical bar.... Sunday buffet is excellent. This is not included in the stay but worth the price. The Monday thru Saturday buffet is also very good. It was to cold to use pool but looked clean. FYI....Hotel has exterior doors to the rooms. We would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Becca C,

Let me begin by thanking you for taking time out of your day to express your remarks about your recent stay. As always we love positive feedback and strive to accommodate our guests with a pleasant and memorable stay during their trip to Dothan. I'm glad that you took advantage of our Sunday Buffet as well as it is something that we work very hard on each week! We hope that you will continue to stay with us when you travel to Dothan and also wish you the best of this holiday season!

Best Regards,

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
DC
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The staff was very nice at check-in. The room was outdated & very worn considering the price & the fact that it is a 3 star hotel. The toilet seemed to be leaking some water onto the floor & the shower head was too low. The rack that should hold up the ironing board to the wall had fallen off the wall, but no one had bothered to fix it. Since the room wasn't very nice, we spent the evening lounging by the outdoor pool which was clean & pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was good & had an assortment of hot & cold food. Nice overall, but wish they would put some money into fixing and remodeling the rooms. Located beside a Winn Dixie grocery store.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PSCC
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear PSCC,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online review with Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are extremely important to us and your input guides us in our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. I have expressed your concerns with our maintenance department and ensure you that the comments you made pertaining to your room have been addressed and corrected. We strive to leave our guests happy and satisfied and offer you an invitation to come back and see us to allow us to provide you with a stay you will be more than satisfied with.

Jackson, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel was very nice for the age of the building. When we arrived the lady at the desk was on the phone with another person and did not acknowledge us. But after she got off the phone she was very nice and apologized for the wait. The was clean and in a nice location. We were welcomed with complimentary drinks from the bar for choice rewards members. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast buffet was excellent. The hotel was exceptional for the small price that we paid for the night. If I am ever in Dothan again, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool might be a little more quiet if that is what you are looking for.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Mark M,

We appreciate your kinds words regarding your recent stay with our property! We strive to accommodate our guest's in the most professional and kind manner possible. I have relayed your positive feedback with our entire staff to help to continue to provide an amazing experience for all our guests. We look forward to hosting you again when you do return to Dothan!

Best Regards,
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Everything about the hotel was great except when my friend and I went to have a drink in the Bar on site. I was given a drink and the milk was spoilled. When I brought this to the attention of one of the waitress"s, (Heather) was her name. She stated that the milk was in date and I told her I didn't care if the milk was in date or not, it was spoilled. She continued to harrass me until I ask her several times to go away from our table and leave me alone. I am a 55 year old and have never been treated with such DISRESPECT in my life. I hope in the future someone puts a muzzle on this attack dog before someone gets hurt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear MissKitty777 ,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey.! Let me begin by thanking your for the kind scores you relayed regarding your recent stay. I have shared your feedback with my housekeeping, maintenance, front desk, and restaurant staff to use as encouragement to continue handling our guests in the most hospitable of manners.
As for you comment regarding your situation in the lounge, I would like to genuinely apologize for any behavior in our lounge that you may have felt was sub standard during your stay. I would like to reassure you that your remarks were addressed by the GM to all lounge staff. We again appreciate your feedback, as it is the only way that we can improve our property to ensure all our guest's wants and needs are taken care of.
I extend an invitation to return to see us, as I know we can more than exceed your expectations on your next trip. I hope you had safe travels upon departure and again welcome you back next time your in town.

thomasville
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here one night when I was really tired and it was excellent, the room was clean, they called from the front desk to check on me to see if everything was ok for me and the breakfast buffet was awesome. I highly recommend this hotel. I give it four thumbs up and then some.

Room Tip: easy to get to, on the corner of u.s. 84 and u.s. 231 south
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Pissdaddy B,

hereandthere
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This hotel is one of those 2 story motorlodge type setups with "stylish" weather beaten aluminum window frames. The morning breakfast was not too appealing with the choices given but the staff is very friendly and try to accomodate you the best they can. The main issue with this Clarion is the age of it. My suggestion to Clarion for this property would be to demolish the current set up and construct a new modern Clarion hotel because the location is perfect and I'm sure business would increase 10 fold!

Room Tip: If you do choose this location then ask for a room in the back because it is a bit quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OGnouseforaname
Derek L, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear OGnouseforaname,

Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Some friends and I stayed at this hotel for a crossfit competition in Dothan. We were not at all dissatisfied. I'm not sure why there was a review stating you had to make u-turns because we pulled right out of the hotel parking lot and was able to go across the median for a left turn. It's a 3-star hotel, I didn't expect it to be top of the line. The beds were nice and warm, pretty comfortable as well. The room was clean and the air worked well. I had no complaints of outside noise and for a group of 4, we were able to get connecting rooms which were pretty convenient. Breakfast was also complimentary.

If I had to make complaints they would be that the doors open to the outside. I prefer inside hotels. Another complaint would be that you had to dine in for breakfast, you couldn't have anything to go. And lastly, there are no refridgerators. Other than that, I have none.

It was great for what we needed... a convenient overnight stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Derek L, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Stephanie,

I apologize that you were unable to recieve a refridgerator, as we do have them in the majority of our rooms. Currently we are updating to provide them in all guest rooms and we suggest that you request them upon reserving your room to ensure your expectations are met.

We value your business and hope to see you next time your in Dothan!