“Good value”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The motel was clean, modern, the staff friendly, a restaurant on premises. The hot breakfast was excellent. The only negative was that the bath could use some up dating. Motel is next to a grocery store, micro wave and refrigerator in the unit. We were their to visits friend on near by army base. Free internet, plus a couple of computers in the lobby........................ Review has to be 200 characters, what more can I say? This is a good place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beth B
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Beth,

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to post a review regarding our property to TripAdvisor. It is always nice to receive kind words about a recent stay as it is a very accurate gauge of how well we are preforming as a staff at our hotel. It is always our goal to go above and beyond to extend all courtesies possible to our guests and I am so please to hear that Jacob, the night clerk, was able to schedule you a taxi and recommend a wonderful restaurant for ya'll to dine. My staff joins me in welcoming you back next time you are in town to visit friends and hopes you will choose to stay with us again when you return.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn & Suites

Reviewed 5 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank John P
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We had a great experience at this hotel! They had a New Years eve celebration that was a blast. Plenty of waitresses and very friendly staff. We could tell that the hotel manager truly wanted his guests to be happy. It did get a little smoky in the bar...A smoke eater or opening a door would have helped. But, the place was packed so it was to be expected. The room was clean and the towels were nice and fluffy. The bed could stand to be replaced but it was ok. Breakfast was very good. Every single staff member greeted us with a smile. Would stay here again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Cammy A,

Thank you for taking the time to post to our TripAdvisor page. It is our goal to provide an amazing stay with the friendliest, most accommodating staff and property available. I've passed your comments regarding the bed and smoke eaters to our housekeeping and maintenance staff to push to see if there is any way we can better improve these two items. However, like you stated, we were very busy that evening and the extra smoke may have been accounted for by the large crowd, but it does not hurt to check! We hope you will come back and spend time with us next time your in Dothan as we also have Karaoke contests, live bands, and DJ's on a regular basis and great room prices. Hope your holiday season was amazing and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

(334)794-8711

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I had already written a review about this hotel from previous stays, but now I must write something totally different. My husband and I have stayed several times at this hotel on our way to Orlando Fl. We always thought that for one night stay the hotel was good enough. We went back to Orlando a week ago and we stayed at the Clarion again but we were very disappointed. The room didn't seem clean enough and of course we disliked a lot the fact that that night we killed three cockroaches in our room!!. I couldn't believe my eyes!!!. On the way back from Orlando yesterday we gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt and spent the night there last night, but as incredible as it may seem we killed three more cockroaches in our room!!. I had a hard time falling asleep thinking that a roach might climb on my face.
Also the hotel needs a lot of TLC. The bathroom door in our bedroom did not close and the bathroom itself needs some updating.
Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly. The hotel is very well located, they should do a little maintenance to it. It deserves it.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get roaches in your room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mikafe
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Mikafe,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a second survey on your trip here to our hotel. I want to apologize for falling below your expectations, as this is something we take very seriously here at our property. I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally regarding your stay. I have expressed your remarks to both my chief maintenance personnel, as well as, our contracted pest control company to ensure this issue is immediately taken care of. Your comments have not fallen on deaf ears and will be addressed and corrected. Again, I urge you to reach out to me at the number I have provided below to talk further about your recent stay if you wish. I also invite you back to see us, as I know we have the ability to exceed your disappointments next time your in town. I look forward to hearing from you!

(334)794-8711

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we stayed here within the month. Both experiences have been very pleasant. Nothing fancy but they appear to be completing exterior updating. Rooms are clean....bath appears old but clean and functions. All the staff that we have come in contact with were very nice... from front desk to housekeeping to buffet servers and staff. Hotel has onsite bar that serves food. We didnt eat there but had a couple drinks. Typical bar.... Sunday buffet is excellent. This is not included in the stay but worth the price. The Monday thru Saturday buffet is also very good. It was to cold to use pool but looked clean. FYI....Hotel has exterior doors to the rooms. We would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013

Becca C,

Let me begin by thanking you for taking time out of your day to express your remarks about your recent stay. As always we love positive feedback and strive to accommodate our guests with a pleasant and memorable stay during their trip to Dothan. I'm glad that you took advantage of our Sunday Buffet as well as it is something that we work very hard on each week! We hope that you will continue to stay with us when you travel to Dothan and also wish you the best of this holiday season!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The staff was very nice at check-in. The room was outdated & very worn considering the price & the fact that it is a 3 star hotel. The toilet seemed to be leaking some water onto the floor & the shower head was too low. The rack that should hold up the ironing board to the wall had fallen off the wall, but no one had bothered to fix it. Since the room wasn't very nice, we spent the evening lounging by the outdoor pool which was clean & pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was good & had an assortment of hot & cold food. Nice overall, but wish they would put some money into fixing and remodeling the rooms. Located beside a Winn Dixie grocery store.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PSCC
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear PSCC,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online review with Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are extremely important to us and your input guides us in our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. I have expressed your concerns with our maintenance department and ensure you that the comments you made pertaining to your room have been addressed and corrected. We strive to leave our guests happy and satisfied and offer you an invitation to come back and see us to allow us to provide you with a stay you will be more than satisfied with.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel was very nice for the age of the building. When we arrived the lady at the desk was on the phone with another person and did not acknowledge us. But after she got off the phone she was very nice and apologized for the wait. The was clean and in a nice location. We were welcomed with complimentary drinks from the bar for choice rewards members. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast buffet was excellent. The hotel was exceptional for the small price that we paid for the night. If I am ever in Dothan again, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool might be a little more quiet if that is what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Mark M,

We appreciate your kinds words regarding your recent stay with our property! We strive to accommodate our guest's in the most professional and kind manner possible. I have relayed your positive feedback with our entire staff to help to continue to provide an amazing experience for all our guests. We look forward to hosting you again when you do return to Dothan!