“Ritz Carlton service”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Ritz Carlton service”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I wanted to drop you a note to express my sincere appreciation for one of your staff members going above & beyond to make my family feel welcome.
My son & I traveled to Dothan Alabama for a baseball tournament as we have gone for the last 8 years.
We have stayed in what would seem nearly every hotel in Dothan over these years.
The wife always handles the accommodations and the last few times my wife booked rooms at the Residence Inn, however this last trip it was just my 14 year old son & I and I couldn’t remember which Marriott it was and called Fairfield Inn by mistake.

I called and was greeted by the most pleasant lady named Debra who said she did have a room for us.
As we drove up to the hotel, we were hesitant to stay there knowing it wasn’t the same place we thought it was, but went in anyway and Debra was just as personable as she was over the phone.

After checking in, we attempted for over an hour without success to pull up a Florida State football game on ESPN3 on 2 iPads, 2 iPhones and even the guest computer in the lobby. Debra called around to neighboring hotels to check if they could get the game and if they could, if we would be welcome to go there to watch. She was unsuccessful as well. We had resigned ourselves to the idea that we just were not going to be able to watch it when she asked if we would like to try it on her computer. My son was able to log in and pull up the game. She allowed us to put the monitor so that us and other FSU fans that were guests could see it, but we could hardly hear it.
It turns the glitch was on ESPN's end for most of the first half and it was a blowout anyway which lead to us being able to visit with each other. Debra’s husband even came and my teenage son who normally would rather hang out with other teenagers remarked later that night that “they were really cool”.

I worked at a small motel during college and knew little about hospitality, and like most it was a job for me, not a passion for pleasing others.
During my stay here I was able to observe Debra’s interaction with many guests doing just that.
She came off as a host for guests staying in her home.

I swear this lady should teach hospitality, grandma or sainthood classes!

I saw several other positive remarks about her online as well, but in a time where it is easy to write a bad review and have the whole world see it, I wanted to let you know of the wonderful experience several guests had due to one person’s actions.
It seems increasing difficult to find great people, and you have one that really does understand customer service.
Unfortunately I was unsuccessful in my attempts to recruit her to move 1 ½ hours South to Tallahassee to work for me.
She is truly a remarkable asset to your company.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel several times in the past with no problems......BUT, this time was terrible! My husband and I were both hurt by the metal mattress supports hidden under the bedskirts. Once we pulled them up we saw how stained & dirty the bedsprings & mattresses were. I still cannot believe we slept on those beds! We tried to notify the Manager, but we were told she does not come in until 9:00 am. So we showed the gentlemen trying to cover for her. No more stays for us at any Marriott's!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Fairfield_Inn_Dothan, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Dothan, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
First of all, we at the Fairfield Inn want to say thank you for your loyalty and business. We truly value you as a guest and hope restore your trust in the Marriott hotels and the Fairfield brand. We at the Fairfield Inn Dothan hold ourselves to the highest cleanliness and service standards while striving to exceed those standards set by our Marriott family of hotels as a whole. We truly regret the circumstances of your recent stay with us and would like to assure you that this is not typical occurrence here at the Fairfield Inn Dothan. I will personally be contacting you immediately after posting this reply to discuss this matter further. On behalf of the management and staff here at the Fairfield Inn Dothan we want to thank you again for your loyalty as well as your feedback.

Kenna Spicer
Guest Services Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Keep searching! I am sitting here in my room tonight and can hear everything going on in every room around me. Nice staff, horrible building construction.

I am not a light sleeper but this is really bad......

If you need a nights sleep, don't come here!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim F
Bratt, Florida
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our group (of over 50 people) spent the night here and the staff was fabulous.
The night shift was just coming on and the woman heading home stayed an extra 20 minutes just to help us get checked in. The nightshift gentleman was also very helpful. In the morning the woman at the desk was very accomodating and cheerful.

The value was good. The hotel completely adequate for the price.
Breakfast has already been reviewed (1 waffle maker, fruits, sausage biscuits, milk, cranberry juice & orange juice) and we were told they're expanding soon to a larger selection of prepared items. (eggs, etc)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife and I booked two nights at this hotel in August for a much needed relaxing getaway. We chose this hotel because they showed pics of a decent size indoor pool on their website (too much rain this summer to chance an outdoor pool). Here was what we found:
PROS: 1. Debra at the desk. Way to good for this facility. She is the star of guest satisfaction but she doesn't have authority to change much. 2. Room cleanliness. It was excellent and my wife is picky about this.
CONS: 1. Pool is a small splash pool (4ft deep) suitable for a few small children. It was VERY cold yet desk clerk said they have no control over temperature. We tried to get in but couldn't bear it. 2. Heat exchanger/AC unit outside our room (rm 123) cut on every 10 minutes or so through the night and it sounds like a tractor outside the window. Not much sleep there. 3. Smoke alarm went off several times from 8:30am-9:00am. My wife got out of the shower and dressed so we could evacuate. Turns out they were testing the alarms. Desk clerk said they don't know when that's going to happen. I suggested the manager does indeed know and guests should have been informed. 4. Breakfast is continental which is advertised but bananas were black and selection was slim. Pastry was stale and small, perhaps from a bulk package.
CONCLUSION: Clean room in a clean hotel for a decent price. Comfortable enough for a good night's sleep if your room is in the front of the building. Debra is the star of the staff but nobody I talked to seemed to have authority over anything, ie: pool temp, fire alarm notice, etc. IMHO, these folks cut too many corners to keep costs down that comfort is sacrificed. We moved to the Country Inn the next morning. $15 more dollars for a MUCH more enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the back west end of the building on the first floor. Noisy AC unit.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John W
Fairfield_Inn_Dothan, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Dothan, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Dothan. I apologize your stay wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been. Regarding the fire alarm issue, we whole heartedly apologize that the proper notification of the system being tested was not in place. As for the breakfast issue, the Marriott team has revamped the Fairfield Inn breakfast program. We will soon be offering hot items! On a positive note , thank you for recognizing Debra. She is definitely an asset not only to this property but to the company. If your travels should ever back to Dothan, I would like to personally invite you to stay at the Fairfield Inn.

Yours in Service, Kenna Spicer
bonaire
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed 1 night & it was great! The hotel is clean, right off of the highway, shopping not too far. The kids enjoyed the pool. The breakfast was ok.....1 waffle maker, fruits, sausage biscuits, milk, cranberry juice & orange juice. No laundry facilities; however you can use the sister location next door. The front desk attendant was above excellent!! During our stay, she helped an elderly lady to Applebee's (walking), dried our clothing & delivered them & was overall friendly. I wish all hotels could have this Georgia native on their staff. Kudos to the desk attendant at Courtyard who was also genuinely nice also.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was quite.....
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank seabreeze007
Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This Marriott property was 30 dollars cheaper than the 2 other Marriott properties in Dothan. Polite and attentive staff; they called the room to ensure things were good. The free continental breakfast was good with a small selection including: a waffle maker, juice machine, breakfast sandwiches that you could warm in microwave, boiled eggs, skim and 2% pint milk cartons, 3-4 choices of cereal, 2 different types of yogurt, coffee and a few other items. The hotel is older, but clean. I had a 2 double bed room and the bathroom was small. This was apparently the oldest Fairfeild I've stayed in. To use the gym, you walked next door to the Courtyard and showed them your key to use their facility. I checked out at 6:00 AM on Wednesday and had the continental breakfast to myself. Personally, I'm looking for a more up to date Marriott. Compared to other Fairfeilds I've stayed in over the past 5-6 years, this one could really use a remodel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business