“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Sylvan Lake, Canada
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield on Jan. 23, 2014. It is conveniently on the main strip and highway in Dothan. The ladies at the front desk were excellent, polite, friendly and were very informative about the area The room was very clean and comfortable. Had a good breakfast and friendly breakfast staff. Restaurants are right next door. Had a great stay and will stop again when in that area.
Sylvia Schmidt
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Canada

Room Tip: Always stay on a top floor in any hotel as bottom floors are used more and I don't find them as...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairfield_Inn_Dothan, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Dothan, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for the review that you gave. We enjoy hearing from our guest and knowing that they were satisfied with their stay. We love meeting new people and hope that they will become family as they travel back and forth to loved ones. We have over the years done just that. We have built a family of loyal Marriott customers who have been coming for 10 yrs. or more. We are currently in the process of renovating our Hotel and its going to be great. I do hope that you will be able to come this way again and watch the changes as she grows. I your travels bring you this way again please don't hesitate to stop in and say hello. Sincerely, The Fairfield Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

It was late on a Saturday night and we were shot! Front desk,lady was incredibly nice and informative! She took our AAA card for some great savings. The pool was spotless and our ground floor room was spotless and I was allowed to bring my expensive bicycle into the room!
We only stayed 1 night but it was great and the Applebys was just 2 minutes across the parking lot! And I did not think that this room Hotel needs any updating.
Stay here without any questions, morning breakfast was great even though she had a lot of guests the attendant was super friendly and confident!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quiet with a nice view of the "Piney Woods" and the entrance do...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Fairfield_Inn_Dothan, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Dothan, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate hearing from a happy guest. We strive to give the best service and a clean room for the night. Your happiness as our guest is our main concern. We .hope to see you in your future travels thru Dothan again, and hope that you will once again choose the Fairfield Inn . Sincerely, Kenna S. GM.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

This was our second stay here (last in Oct. 2012). This Fairfield seems like an older property that could use a little updating but is a nice value, especially for a Marriott Rewards member. Both our stays were in clean, comfortable rooms. Applebee's right in front of the hotel and many more restaurants nearby along Route 231. The staff was very friendly and accomodating both times. Nice hot breakfast with Jimmy Dean biscuit sandwiches, waffles, and more. Dothan is a nice stopover between Florida and the midwest, and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great check in at 8:00 pm. However, when we returned to our room on New Years Eve, we could not get in at the side door nearest to our room. We walked, through the rain, to the main entrance, & were told the side entrances "don't ever work." Then, after 15 minutes in our room, the night guy (with the cane) banged on our door & said there was a noise complaint. We were simply returning to our room & talking. Totally unaccomodating & rude. We stay in Fairfield Inns often & love them but we will stay down the road at the Holiday Inn in Dothan from now on.

• Stayed January 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My family needed multiple rooms for relatives coming in town for a funeral. Sherry is the lady I booked with and had a very smooth time getting everybody adequate accommodations. She was a real life saver during this difficult time. Had no problem getting a handicap room for my grandmother and all our rooms were on the same hall so we could be close together. Rooms were clean and comfortable and it was a great experience given the circumstances at the time.
Thanks again Sherry!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was driving home to Chattanooga and it was getting late...no way I would make it home safety. I pulled over in Dothan and did a search on Trip Advisor and settled in on the Fairfield Inn. I see there are some negative comments here but I've never had a "bad" stay at any Marriott property and I thought their piece was one of the best at the other hotels I looked at. The hotel, and room, was clean and comfortable I would not hesitate to stay here again and will if I ever need a room in Dothan again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Fairfield_Inn_Dothan, Manager at Fairfield Inn Dothan, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your review on the Fairfield Inn. YOU are why we strive to give our very best to the Hotel and to OUR GUEST such as yourself. We are pleased to have had you stay with us. If you should ever find yourself in Dothan again, please feel free to give us a call as your coming in and let us set up your reservation for you. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near future. Sincerely, Kenna Spicer
Port Richey, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

i had originally booked at the LaQuinta inn & suites. we drove up from floida to visit with my son who is stationed at fort rucker....since we would not get there till midnight i was praying for the best...my advice never never book at laquinta...dreary,carpets were black...bathroom was dirty.. they do offer smoking rooms (yes i am a smoker) however they ran out of ashtrays and gave me a plastic coffee cup to use.... so the next morning at 7 am i booked my room at the fairfield.. they are a non-smoking hotel which was just fine by me...and that is where i will stay when i go visit my son from here on in....the staff was wonderful...my suite was clean ...the staff had knowledge of the goings on locally....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lovetogamble_12
Fairfield_Inn_Dothan, Manager at Fairfield Inn Dothan, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
I want to tell you thank you for your review on the staff and the Hotel as well. We are very pleased when we have guest like yourself that come and stay with us and you find all to your comfort. We hope that should you come to Dothan in the future that you will contact us and make your reservation here with us at the Fairfield Inn. Thank you again and we enjoyed having you here with us.........Kenna Spicer, GSM.