“Not What I Expected”
Review of Courtyard Dothan

Courtyard Dothan
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was just there for one night on a business trip. The biggest negative was the funky smell that hit me when I entered the room. You get used to it as you stay, but you wonder if it stays on your clothes and others can smell it on you. There is a cafe in the lobby, but it didn't look to appetizing so I went out. The room was big with a desk and lounging chair. The TV was modern. It was difficult for me to get over the smell though. For $116 corporate rate I would expect better.

Room Tip: Ask to check the room out before agreeing to stay. That way you can see if it stinks like mine did.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We've stayed at this hotel several times over the past year, the most recent May 18, 2012. We've always enjoyed our stay. The staff was very accommodating and courteous. The hotel is clean and well appointed. We had a double-bed room this stay and it was quite large. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels. A small negative is the lighting in the dressing/sink area. I think it needs more wattage in the lights. I had trouble putting on makeup. The indoor pool was nice. We would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank C5LS1
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Clean rooms, spacy, & a nice breakfast. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank MeganMeadows
Reviewed 29 March 2012

While heading from St. Pete Beach, FL to Nashville, we had no idea where to stay, and no reservations. Started searching on my phone while on the way north, and decided to give this Courtyard a try...... WOW!! All I can say is what a wonderful hotel. There is a restaurant/cafe off the lobby that is great and very accommodating til late at night, and the staff was very friendly & helpful. They even gave us a discount meal card for the restaurant next door. Clean comfortable room, plenty of HOT water pressure :-) Thank you all for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Just ask, the staff is great!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Castawy
Reviewed 5 January 2012

this was an excellent stay. The customer expierence, first rate. Forgot my phone charger: they were able to find me one. Needed a church key (bottle opener), they gave me one to take back to the room; asked for a cup of tea: the clocked-out cook, made me one. You'll no doubt stay at finer hotels, but when you're dealing with the typical middle-of-the-road-businessman-hotels, the difference is service. It's built-in here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Futbol14
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The hotel is very new and located a little off the main road. The sign is easily visible on the road but you actually have to weave around and go behind another business before you get to the hotel. The service was friendly and fast and our large group was quickly checked in. The rooms were spacious with new beds and soft linen and thick towels. Free wireless internet in the rooms and a computer for guests in the lobby. Only two items prevent me from rating the hotel higher; the clocks were not set back in the room for daylight savings time and they do not provide a free breakfast. They have a bistro style breakfast that provides breakfast sandwiches for a price so expect to pay 6-10 dollars for breakfast. The breakfast was good but not that much better than going to a fast food place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CmanScrufy
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The staff at this hotel were the definition of true southern hospitality. Our 12 year old Travel Ball team recently stayed here while playing in a baseball tourn. Needless to say, the boys were a handful! Our boys all had a great time and the staff was extremely, shall I say "patient", to say the least. The accomodations were very nice and very clean. They were as convenient to the baseball complex as one could ask for as well as various restuarants to choose from. I thought winning our tournament was the way to top off our weekend stay in DOthan, however this hotel had something better in mind. I accidently left my pocketbook in our room when checking out Sunday morning. Not realizing this until I pulled in my driveway in Hamilton Georgia. I quickly called the hotel and the cleaning crew had already turned it in and locked it in a safe. Once I received my purse the very next day...it was just as I had left it. It is so nice to know that there are good honest people left in this world. A true sign of a good person and good values and what I would like to think "Southern Hospitality! Hopefully we will be able to play at the beautiful Westgate Complex again and no doubt we will be staying at your hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends