“Good hotel for the price”
Review of Courtyard Dothan

Courtyard Dothan
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stayed at this courtyard by Marriott on our way home to Florida. The room was clean and spacious with a nice television and a big bathroom. Free wireless Internet was a welcome surprise. Hotels in this price range normally charge for Internet. No free breakfast but we knew that when we booked the room. There is a slight musty smell in the room when you first walk in, but that went away quickly. I've stayed in better hotels at this price range, but I wasn't disappointed.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
DothanCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

We wanted to personally thank you for staying with us and thank you so much for the feed back you have given and hope you choose the Courtyard in Dothan the next time you are traveling through the area.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

We lived in Dothan several years ago, and go back to visit every year. We always stay at the Courtyard, and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and helpful, and they all stop to say hello (that includes the entire staff - not just at check-in). We had a king suite, which has a separate bedroom and living area. I would recommend this type room if you're traveling with children - the price is really not bad and you'll like having the extra space!

We will definitely be back - thanks again to the staff for making this a fun visit to Dothan!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HarrisCountyGal
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was just there for one night on a business trip. The biggest negative was the funky smell that hit me when I entered the room. You get used to it as you stay, but you wonder if it stays on your clothes and others can smell it on you. There is a cafe in the lobby, but it didn't look to appetizing so I went out. The room was big with a desk and lounging chair. The TV was modern. It was difficult for me to get over the smell though. For $116 corporate rate I would expect better.

Room Tip: Ask to check the room out before agreeing to stay. That way you can see if it stinks like mine did.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We've stayed at this hotel several times over the past year, the most recent May 18, 2012. We've always enjoyed our stay. The staff was very accommodating and courteous. The hotel is clean and well appointed. We had a double-bed room this stay and it was quite large. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels. A small negative is the lighting in the dressing/sink area. I think it needs more wattage in the lights. I had trouble putting on makeup. The indoor pool was nice. We would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank C5LS1
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Clean rooms, spacy, & a nice breakfast. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank MeganMeadows
Reviewed 29 March 2012

While heading from St. Pete Beach, FL to Nashville, we had no idea where to stay, and no reservations. Started searching on my phone while on the way north, and decided to give this Courtyard a try...... WOW!! All I can say is what a wonderful hotel. There is a restaurant/cafe off the lobby that is great and very accommodating til late at night, and the staff was very friendly & helpful. They even gave us a discount meal card for the restaurant next door. Clean comfortable room, plenty of HOT water pressure :-) Thank you all for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Just ask, the staff is great!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Castawy
Reviewed 5 January 2012

this was an excellent stay. The customer expierence, first rate. Forgot my phone charger: they were able to find me one. Needed a church key (bottle opener), they gave me one to take back to the room; asked for a cup of tea: the clocked-out cook, made me one. You'll no doubt stay at finer hotels, but when you're dealing with the typical middle-of-the-road-businessman-hotels, the difference is service. It's built-in here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business