“Some good, some not so good”
Review of Courtyard Dothan

Courtyard Dothan
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Birmingham, Alabama
“Some good, some not so good”
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

The staff at this Courtyard was first rate. Everyone we saw was friendly and helpful. We were able to check in early which was a huge help. I did enjoy the Starbucks downstairs. Our room was on the third floor on the back side of the building. We had a little balcony that overlooked some trees. The room was clean. There were a few negatives. The bathroom configuration was strange. The door to the free standing shower could not be open when the bathroom door was open. In addition, the floor of the shower was dangerously slippery. We had to completely remake the bed in the middle of the night because the fitted sheet had slipped off the mattress. We did not use the Bistro for breakfast because it did not open early enough for my husband to get to his meeting. I do not know if we will stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary Anne H
DothanCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Dothan, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Should your travels bring you back to Dothan we would like the welcome you back.

Heather Helms
(334)671-3000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed here a week, overall the place was decent but nothing special by any means. Room was a nice size, bed was confortable only in room complaint was the the TV was on Direct TV I think and many of the channels had terrible sound which made them unwatchable.
The breakfast they have is considered a "bistro". Not exactly the best choice for a group in the mornings. Unlike a buffet where you can serve yourself quickly at this place you had to place your order and wait for it to be brought out. If it was something that had to be prepared it took a while. The first mornig when our entire group showed up it took almost 30 minutes to place my order and then recieve my food.
Lots of eating options nearby. There was an Applebys across the parking lot along with a Taco Bell, Baskin Robbins, Burger King and a Mexican place all within easy walking distance. Although I do not recommend the mexican restaurant but that is another review

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Im starting to get really disturbed about the last several courtyards I have stayed. I am a Platinum Member and I get at the bottom treatment. The room had soiled carpet. The air condition had you feeling sticky when you woke up the next morning. I had a spider spend the night with me and some black thing with wings welcomed me home the next day. The towels were dingy with old soil and they placed me right next to an elevator that I could clearly hear everytime it moved. Not Happy...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank angelsdotravel
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2013

do not even try to sit anywhere but your room and have a beer because they will be all over you with that one. every other hotel will allow you to do that but this one. this is the worst I've been to and I have 15 hotel stays a month. So by saying this is the worst it means a lot. do not stay here. stay elsewhere

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed overnight for a golf tournament in Dothan. Public spaces look great, rooms are just OK. And the person checking us in was not warm or friendly at all. In fact, it looked as if we were bothering her when we entered the hotel. Also, they need better signage as the hotel is built behind a clump of sub-par restaurants and retail and entrance to hotel is very hard to find. I will go to a Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn next time I'm in Dothan.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
DothanCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Dothan, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. While positive comments are nice, remarks that point to areas that need improvement offer us the best opportunity to exceed future guest's expectations. I am truly sorry that we fell short of what you expected to receive from us. I will be sharing your comments with the staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you,

Heather Helms
334-671-3000
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stopped here on our way to Key West for some sleep and let me tell you it was a great night's sleep. Just woke up and the bed is so comfy; still laying in it. We got the last room available- it was handicapped but still worked for us. Very clean and got a great discount using our AAA card!

• Stayed June 2013
DothanCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Dothan, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you so much for your great feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott as well as if your travels bring you back to Dothan in the future we hope that you come back to visit our hotel.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Very friendly staff, clean rooms, attractive rooms. Plenty of parking and choices of restaurants. WIFI was complimentary and we had no problem with it being slow. I would recommend for family or business travel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family