“Disappointed overall”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Enterprise
Phenix City, AL
“Disappointed overall”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My mother and I stayed here overnight. I'd researched all the area hotels and this one seemed to be the nicest for the price.
It was fine
The guy that checked us in was very pleasant, and although I had requested a first floor room, we were booked on the 2nd floor, and the hotel wasn't nearly filled to capacity. I didn't complain just figured it was fate.

We unloaded our bags and headed out for dinner. The room was awfully warm so I tried to lower the thermostat so the room would be cool when we returned. This is normally a pretty idiotproof task, but for some reason, I could not get the unit to change. I assumed that the units were preset and locked. I inquired at the front desk, and the pleasant fella that checked us in stated that there were 2 thermostats (one on wall and one by window) that I could use and that they weren't preset. So I just said "Ok, I'll figure it out when we get back from dinner."

When we got back from dinner, I still could not make the temp change, so I went to the front desk again and asked a very nice young lady what did I have to do to change the temp. She immediately asked if I was in room 2##. I said yes, and she stated "Oh darn, that's the second time this week it's broken!" She was very very nice about getting me another room, but now I'm mad at the guy that checked us in because he knew it was broken.

So, we get to the new room with great AC and there are huge cockroaches in the bathroom. UGH!

Then when we checked out, we stopped and grabbed some of the complimentary breakfast. The bread bin reeked of moldy bread, so even though my bagel wasn't moldy, it tasted it from being enclosed with moldy bread. So I grabbed a "Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg and Cheese Croissant", the sausage was soured. I just couldn't win, so I grabbed a banana and left.

It's not like it didn't have potential to be a great stay, it did, but I think their in house maintenances are very lacking. I wouldn't recommend it or stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
BW36330, Manager at Best Western Plus Circle Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
We send our sincerest apologies to you and your mother. Although your stay was not what you expected, we ask that you will not rule us out completely. If we were allowed the honor of accommodating you again, we would surely deliver better service to you and your guest, as this is definitely not how our business normally runs. Your concerns will not be pushed under the rug; as we are always trying to improve, we appreciate you bringing these shortcomings to our attention. Again, we are terribly sorry and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights visiting a family member at nearby Fort Rucker. I don't know how new this hotel is, but it looks fairly new or very recently updated. The room we stayed in was large, with two queen beds, which suited our family of four. The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast met our expectations. The pool was enjoyed by all of us. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Our one complaint about the room was that the A/C unit was set on 74 and could not be changed, up or down. We would have liked to have turned it down a couple of degrees, but that was not an option. Perhaps the management thinks that 74 is the temperature of comfort for all? One other minor nuisance was the door which would not shut without us slamming it. Even after slamming shut, the deadbolt would not work. All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will use your suggestions as a guide to help better our service to guests. On another note, we are so pleased that all other aspects of your stay hit the mark, and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Thank you.
Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have stayed here before and everything was fine. This time when I arrived my reservation was wrong. I felt like I was on a Seinfeld show about reservations. The one where he reserved a mid sized car and got a subcompact. I had reserved a king and was told that there were no more king rooms. I said that I reserved a king, how could I not have a king? They were completely sold out and I got stuck with a double. I am 6'-5", I need a king. Will not stay here again ever! Ever!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank draftteach
BW36330, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Circle Inn, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and miscommunication. In the future, we can assure you that this incident will not happen again if you so choose to stay with us again. We hope that if you are in the area, you will give us a chance to better accommodate your requests

-Kartik Patel
Niceville, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Nice and clean. Comfortable beds. Very helpful and awesome check in. Hotel was easy to find and the night clerk was very helpful in getting us checked in. She was very professional about her job. I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone traveling through Enterprise, AL. you will not be disappointed. I have read the reviews this location weeks before choosing this location, and I think the ones who said they were disappointed were mistaking. I have stayed at a lot of hotels over the year and this Best Western has changed my mind about the hotel chain. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We truly appreciate your comments about your stay with us, and we are so pleased that we could serve you in a manner that you found to be exceptional. We look forward to having you back soon, and we hope that you will continue to spread great words about your stay.
alabaster
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We enjoyed our night at the Best Western in Enterprise, The rate was very good. Enjoyed breakfast and their new pancake machine. Much better than the waffle iron that is prone to mishaps. Coffee pot always had fresh coffee even at night. Over all our stay was nice. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We do our best to keep our breakfast area nice and stocked, up-to-date, and available to all guests. We appreciate you for noticing our efforts. If you decide to book with us again, our staff will be more than willing to assist you again.
Thanks again.
Hardinsburg, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were on the road for 10 days in June. We stayed at a few terrible hotels. When we arrived here we were so pleased. Not only did we save the best stay for last but it was reasonably priced as well. So grateful for a clean and spacious room, working wifi, and friendly service. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so happy that our amenities were able to meet your expectations and, ultimately, turn your trip around. Thank you for your positive feedback, and we can’t wait to have you back with us again.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed there recently for one night. Rooms were big, and everything was clean. Furnishings were average. Eating area and lobby were a little on the small side. Breakfast was adequate but nothing more. Best things about the place: staff was very nice, hotel is fairly new, price was good compared to other hotels in the area. I would stay there again, but if money wasn't as tight, I'd choose one of the others nearby. All in all, pretty much what you would expect from a Best Western.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Our staff strives to deliver the best service possible to our guests. We are very pleased to hear that we were helpful to you during your stay. Also, your other comments are appreciated and will be taken into consideration so that we can offer the best experience possible if you choose us again. Thank you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enterprise
Hampton Inn Enterprise
#8 of 8 in Enterprise
Hampton Inn Ozark
Hampton Inn Ozark
#1 of 6 in Ozark

Been to Best Western Plus Circle Inn? Share your experiences!