“Holiday Inn System”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Enterprise
Midland City, United States
“Holiday Inn System”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was loyal to the Holiday Inn System & Intercontinental Hotels for over ten years. I stayed in many cases months at a time with them when on assignment all over the country. I rated their properties fairly for them when visiting. I helped people out & sent business to them to boot. I had acquired nearly one million hard earned, away from family points with them. Then a very arrogant individual within their company did not appreciate that & the fact that I had used my card & account to help some folks out when they would not have had a place to stay ( I had done this several times). There are several hotel managers that respect this & appreciate it. Some of them no longer do business with them either. Some of them are apparently very confused & still do. I do not. After years of extreme loyalty to them they simply took my points & closed my account, with really no fair & reasonable nor understanding explanation by this individual within their company & no response after several requests from their CEO or president. They made something bad out of something good with nothing in writing regarding the matter. Fortunately one of their good people gave me the heads up on this. Is this the kind of company you want to do business with?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank David C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear David C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We regret to see your overall disappointment regarding our loyalty program. Your comments are very troubling and we take comments such as these seriously. We would like to follow up with you and have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Morinville, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Booked a suite for a week at this Candlewood based on reviews. We had never stayed there, but being an IHG group hotel, we thought we could try it.

The room was well appointed with all the amenities needed to be comfortable during an extended stay. One thing we didn't know is that you only get housekeeping is you stay longer than a week, we didn't mind too much.

Staff for the most part is terrific and very friendly. The whole hotel is designed to make you feel like you're home, from the free guess laundry, the fresh cookies at 5 and the Wednesday dinner being served in the lobby.

I would easily have given this review 5 stars, but we had some issues with our reservation (done on IHG website) which led to some frustration, but the front desk staff got everything squared away. Then there is also the room's AC that's tied to a motion detector, so coming back to a stuffy and hot room in the evening was less than pleasant. The room would also warm up through the night.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank canadianquebecer
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do your review on the Candlewood Suite Enterprise, AL. We strive to make sure that all of our guests feel at home when they stay with us and I'm glad in your instance that our mission was accomplished.

I noticed there were a couple of "snags" in your visit...ie reservation and the a/c unit - I want you to know that those things are being addressed and will do our best to make sure that if you're back in the area - that you don't experience these issues again - along with making sure that other guests don't face the same things.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Enterprise, AL area - that you'll consider staying with us here at Candlewood Suites and let us show you why everyone "considers us home"!

Have a super day and thanks again!!
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel rocks (staff and all)!!
The staff is very helpful and willing to accommodate. The staff is fun and enjoyable. There is even great customer appreciation reception dinner on Wednesdays. I will continue to stay at Candlewood Suites- Enterprise any time I am in traveling in town. The rooms are very comfortable with large refrigerator-freezer, cook-tops and utensils. The beds are VERY comfortable (rather than hard or worn mattresses) and great comfortable pillows (not just a flat bag). The hotel is located on the outskirt of town (quite is a plus -+). Thanks April – for all you do (and all staff).

The Santa Fe Cattle Co. (restaurant) is within walking distance and serves great food (steaks, chicken and ribs). The

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RoadWarrior2244
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us here at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL. We really want to make sure that all of our guests have a great experience and I'm glad to see that for you, our mission was accomplished.

I will pass on to the team about your experience and your kind words and will make sure to tell April that she stood out enough for you to mention her.

We look forward to you coming back to the Enterprise area so you can come back to visit with us here at Candlewood Suites - where you can "Consider us Home"!!

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have stayed at this property on numerous occasions. I've always found the facility, the staff and the management to be first rate. The rooms are super clean, newer fixtures and linens and a staff willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay pleasant! Always my first choice in Enterprise AL -- I recommend it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank raisedbycarnies
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
We so thank you for taking the time to let us here at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL know that you enjoy your visits with us. It's our goal to make sure that everyone feels as close to being at home as possible while away from home and it makes me feel good to know that we've done just that for you!

I will most definitely pass on to my entire team your positive comments and let them know that they are carrying out our mission and meeting our goals of guest satisfaction!

We look forward to your next visit to Candlewood Suites, Enterprise..........where you can most definitely............"Consider us Home"!

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The facility was newer. Rooms were large and beds were comfortable. WIFI. Fully stocked kitchen. Laundry was available at no cost-just bring your own soap. The pool was just outside the laundry/fitness center. You could check the load between laps. 2 BBQ grills were available for outdoor cooking which were under a pavilion again just steps from the main lobby (Just out the back). On Wednesday night, the staff cooked dinner for the hotel guests! What a great group of employees! Small downside was cost cutting energy feature. During the time out of the room, the air conditioning would cut off- walking into the warm room was an unpleasant surprise.

Room Tip: The third floor had lots of hot water. First floor complained about having limited hot water.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you so much for your great review for Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL. I will most definitely pass on to the entire team all the good things you had to say about them. We all try to make sure that all of our guests feel comfortable and at home when they're here with us. I'm glad it worked for you.

I would also like to thank you for pointing out the a/c issue. I will most definitely look into trying to find a way to take care of that as we don't want out guests feeling discomfort when they walk in.

I hope that if you're in the Enterprise, AL area again - you'll stay with us here at Candlewood Suties. We'd love for you to again, "Consider us Home"!!!
Acworth
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Be aware of the cancellation policy. Clean and restful with a friendly, professional staff. Would not hesitate to recommend to you and would not hesitate to reserve for myself again. Enterprise is not large enough to worry about getting anywhere in town from this location.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are the quietest, no one above you!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL. I am very glad that you had a good stay with us. All of the team here at Candlewood Suites want our guests to feel comfortable and taken care of. We realize that it's tough being away from home so we want your stay with us to be as close to home as possible.

I hope that if you're in the Enterprise, AL area again - you'll come visit us here at Candlewood Suites again.
ellijay
Reviewed 28 August 2013

If you are going on the weekend, make reservations. We went and was originally going to stay at Holiday Inn, but they were full. So I ask the desk clerk if there was any other hotels in the area that i could stay at to get points, she said Dothan was the closest. so I got my Priority card out and my smart phone and found Candlewood. They had one room left, I ask Michelle to hold it for me. The staff was really nice, the room was clean.

We had room 131, which was on the end of the wing, it was pretty quite, you could hear the kids at the pool, but not loud. we got there Thursday night and was kinda wanting to sleep a little late, but was awaken by the landscaping crews outside, pretty loud.
Parking there was good not crowded at all.
The bad things was I would have liked a continental breakfast, but they had no breakfast at all, I ask the front desk if there was breakfast she said "no because there was kitchenettes in the room". So we went to Huddle House up the road.
Second bad thing was, there was only about 10 or 15 channels on TV, granted we didn't go to watch TV but it would have been nice to have more variety.
The kinda unusual thing was, you had to have your room key to get into the little store for the chips, ice cream and coffee, the coffee was free.
If you stay here and are going to FT Rucker, the easiest path is turn left from the hotel, about 3 or 4 miles turn right at Walgreens, that road will take you straight to the gate, once you're on this road lookout for coyotes and deer.

Room Tip: Room 131 is kinda quite and easy access.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ellijay1
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to visit us here at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL. I'm glad you found your room clean and the staff friendly.

I'd like to apologize for your misunderstanding regarding our breakfast. We do offer a breakfast - it's just for purchase in our Candlewood Cupboard, which is where you discussed purchasing the other items. We do not have vending machines on property, as to keep it more quiet so the experience our guests have when staying with us is more like home. I'll make sure to look at the television in that room to see if there is an issue with the channel selection as we have several channels and I just want to make sure that this issue doesn't happen again.

We here at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL strive to make sure all of our guests, whether they are here for 1 night or 100 nights, have an enjoyable experience. I'll most definitely pass along the positive comments and use the others as learning tools to pass on to my team to make sure they make all of our guests aware of all we have to offer.

I hope that if you're in the area again, that you'll stay with us again at Candlewood Suites, where we'd like you to "Consider us home"!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enterprise
Fairfield Inn & Suites Enterprise
Best Western Plus Circle Inn
Holiday Inn Express Enterprise
Hampton Inn Enterprise
Hampton Inn Enterprise
#1 of 8 in Enterprise
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan
Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark

Been to Candlewood Suites Enterprise? Share your experiences!