“Hesitant to try based on reviews but pleasantly surprised. ”
Review of Cock of the Walk - CLOSED

Cock of the Walk
Cuisines: American
Enterprise, Alabama
“Hesitant to try based on reviews but pleasantly surprised. ”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We really had a good time at dinner. Had resisted going to this restaurant based on others' reviews. We went and had mostly appetizers. Try the fried pickles potato logs and fried oysters. Also had an entrée of grilled shrimp with all the bottomless fixings. Our server was very attentive and we never went without refills of anything. Four of us ate all we wanted for $37. I would recommend trying the appetizers over the entrées as the portion sizes are pretty close. I can see where some of the bad reviews based on the entrées would come from.

“Refills please”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We went here with an open mind. It's a Cajun theme but the music was slow depressing country not upbeat Cajun. I almost fell asleep. The onion rings were delish, the slaw and onions were interesting, pan bread needed butter, drink cups are small and we were not offered refills. Tea was good but We Left there thirsty. How can you serve spicy food with nothing to drink? The catfish was tasty but the pieces were smaller than half a BK chicken tender and you only get 2 for $13+. My shrimp was delicious. My kids wouldn't eat the sides except the fries.

• Visited November 2013
Enterprise, Alabama
“Don't waste your time or money!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Table of 25 for a birthday party. Service was average but I think we were close to the only ones in there...now I know why. Food was awful! Shrimp poboy was made of popcorn shrimp on a tiny bun with dried up lettus & tomato. What?! Fries had been precooked & obviously re-heated. Friends county fried steak was in actuality a fried hamburger patty. Insulting to serve that nonsense up at those prices. I never complain...ever. I had to this time. I was comped $1.75. Seriously,spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

• Visited November 2013
“Highly disappointed!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I went for dinner last night and left highly disappointed. We have been there a number of times previously and enjoyed our food and service. I have even recommended this restaurant to many people. I must share this experience as I can no longer recommend this restaurant. I ordered the grouper, my husband the country fried steak. My fish was cold (like they forgot to even put it on the grill), sweet potato burned and shriveled up (like it was left over from the day before and reheated yet still cold on top), and my husbands country fried steak was clearly cooked in oil not heated high enough as it was very greasy and the crust was inedible. The server took my plate to have another meal prepared and my husband didn't want a re-do. The manager said she would comp our meal and we said we did not want it comped that they could take off my husbands meal but I still wanted mine. It never came. She did comp the meal but that is not what we, the customers, asked for. We do not plan to return to even give it another try.

• Visited October 2013
Dothan, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor everything”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I drove from Dothan to Enterprise just to eat here, and what a disappointment it was. No one greeted us. I picked up 2 menu and we started to seat ourself after we waited awhile "and my husband was on crutches" The waitress was not friendly at all!!!!!!!! We placed an appetizer order and when it came out we had no plates, and so silverware. Had to ask for it. Then just as soon as we got the appetizer our main meal came out. My husband ordered the fried oyster po boy sandwich, and I thoubht he was going to throw up. I had a Philly steak and cheese and it was so-so but really how can you mess that up. It was lunch time and they may have been 6 people in the restaurant so that should have been clue #1. I will say that one waitress I think she may have been a supervisor was very nice. Will not be going back.

• Visited October 2013