“Hotel Hell”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Enterprise
“Hotel Hell”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Let me first say I choose this hotel because it was listed on the pet friendly websites. I was attending a funeral and needed a place to rest and freshen up. The staff is excellent and friendly. The hotel was $30 cheaper than the other pet friendly hotel. However...the rooms are not in good condition....I wish I could post pictures!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank qsweet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Clarksville
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I was at this hotel for a group party on Aug 18. The room where the party was held was nice, clean, and looked newer than the rest of the building. The pool was nice and our room was adequate. The sheets were clean, bed comfortable enough, and the AC was working. The bathroom and rest of the room were also adequately clean even if it looked old. The fridge door would nto stay shut so we propped a bag in front of it. We had a great time with the party going from room to room, but I cannot say all were as clean or in well working order. In fact, one couple was moved to four rooms, all with different problems, and the desk clerk was not very nice to them. It was worked out but it was still frustrating for the entire group. This wouldnt be my first choice but it was where the event was held. It also wasnt the worst I have been to.

Room Tip: Ask to look at teh room and turn on the AC unit before paying. We were on the courtyard, so it seem...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Enterprise hotels

Reviewed 26 May 2012

This hotel is filthy. The Enterprise Inn does not even warrant a 1 star rating. The place was very dirty. There were crumbs on the carpet which shows it was not even vacuumed; the shower curtains were stained and mildewed; the bath tub was cracked and stained; shower head was rusty, toilet bowl was filthy; the smell in the room was intolerable; the towels look threadbare and dingy; the pillows were flat and old; I could go on and on. We went to another hotel because I could not stomach staying here. Save your money and stay in another hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2012

To "questionable reviews", I am not a competing hotel and completely agree with all of the negative feedback. Our "non smoking" room smelled like smoke and had a cigarette burn on the sheet! There was a bug smashed in a corner, dirt/ash covering baseboards, and brown stained tub and shower curtain. When we asked for a refund, we were told that they "don't do that". Maybe that's because everyone asks for one! We immediately checked out because we didn't feel safe (warnings about not being liable in the event of theft and video cameras everywhere). We went to the best western around the corner. It was beautiful and felt like the Ritz compared with enterprise.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank srah7
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed last night. When we saw the room we asked for a refund. The desk clerk was rude but offered another room. The first room she showed us was barely better than the original suite that we booked and the second room smelled like dog!! The suite that we had originally booked had urine all over the wall behind the toliet and hair all over the bathroom. The futon had something all over it with no sheets to even put on it. The room that we ended up in after they refused to give us back our money had food behind the night stand, something that appeared to look like jelly on the wall and something all over the shower. It looked like a really dirty man had showered and it had not been cleaned since. The iron had black all over it and ruined my sons shirt. It is interesting that the managers comments on the other reviews state that the guests should have informed the desk when they had a problem. Well, I informed the desk when we checked in , that only got us moved to another dirty room. (The desk clerk actually said the she was moving us to one of their better rooms, one that they took care of) her word....not mine!!!! I also told the desk staff when I checked out showing them pictures that I had taken in the room, that got me no where as well. He said the supervisor was not there but would call me.....still haven't heard from him. I have pictures which include the literal scum on the microwave handle, the food behind the night stand, the iron, the stains on the sheets, etc. There was only two towels no wash cloths and the towels and sheets were stained. I could go on and on about the poor conditions and the poor service and the false advertisement represented on the web site....you don't see reviews like this one on there!!!! Bottom line is this spend an extra $15 bucks and stay at a quality hotel that your family doesn't have to fear putting their feet on the floor!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011
Prattville, Alabama
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I spent the weekend at this hotel with my GF and we found the hotel very clean , the staff as helpfull as they could be and not a problem anywhere. We were part of a social gathering that utilized the meeting space ( very clean).
After reading the reviews, I can only say that there is NO WAY we are reviewing the same hotel. Yes there was a sofa bed/couch and we used it as a couch, I did not see any unmown landscaping or trash/debris on the grounds and the staff was very helpfull. Everything in the room worked and included fridge, microwave, TV , iron/ironing board, coffee pot....
I read one review that stated "I work two buildings down from the motel" Why are you writing a review? Is the building you work at a competitor of this hotel?

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I work in the hospitality industry and read a lot of reviews of my clients hotels. This is not even a client of mine and I can almost guarantee after reading some of these reviews, that the same person (a competitor) is writing one bad review after another, just trying to put this hotel out of business for their own profits. Unfortunately in this economy and in the hotel industry, some business owners will go to great lengths to make a dime.

The owner is actually be very patient in his responses. Hang in there and just try your best to offer the cleanest rooms possible.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enterprise
Best Western Plus Circle Inn
Candlewood Suites Enterprise
Holiday Inn Express Enterprise
Fairfield Inn & Suites Enterprise
Hampton Inn Enterprise
Hampton Inn Enterprise
#1 of 8 in Enterprise
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ozark

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!