“Overcharged for our stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Eufaula
“Overcharged for our stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed with a large group. We were charged DOUBLE for our stay over the weekend. Another family was charged over $800 on their card for 1 night stay. When they tried to get it corrected they said the staff was rude and would not help them. They had to take it higher up. Very unhappy!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lori V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Arrived at hotel after making reservation thru 800 number, where you give them all your information. Front desk clerk said there was a 10$ extra fee per person and I told her I was quoted a certain price thru 800 number, which she finally did honor. Told me side door was available for use and after unloading luggage, tried to open side door with key card and would not work. Both comforters had stains on them, which I returned to front desk and they were exchanged. Mattress was not up to specs for a comfort suits, There was a pipe noise (sounded like hot water pipes) and informed the front desk the next morning. Was told the maintenance man knew about it for 2 weeks. Why would they put my family in room that close to the noise, when obviously the hotel was no where near capacity.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Monroe, Ga
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Raffinee greeted us with professionalism, compassion & a very warm heart. She made us feel right at home, as if we were a part of her family! Sandra's customer service was beyond words. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We felt safe here and look forward to our next stay. The rate was very affordable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Asheville
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Clean, comfortable, quiet. Good basic place. Breakfast is a little skimpy but that's not a biggy. But the wi-fi is useless and that is a real problem. Don't plan on conducting any business over the net. And the door locks are slide card readers and work on about one swipe out of thirty. be patient.

In early spring, it's full of bass fishermen who tell me that depite the flaws, it's still the best place in town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel was clean, the room was clean and spacious, loved the tv. Microwave, fridge and nice size sink make up the kitchen. The service was wonderful. Only thing is the treadmill was broken , but I sill had a good workout on the elliptical. They have an indoor pool and jacuzzi the hubby enjoyed that and stated he like it. Also the free breakfast was good. A nice perk was that upon checking out before breakfast service began, they provided a breakfast bag to go for each person in your party. I would def. stay here again if in the area. The price was right. 82.00 per night and it is smoke free.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor less foot traffic
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We had a reservation for a king handicap (due to my husband's arm) suite with sleeper sofa. Upon checking I was informed that I could not have it and it was the owner's decision. I showed my reservation and was told in broken English that I would be charged an additional charge for 3 people. I argued that my reservation was confirmed and it did no good!
We checked in the double room and there were no extra sheets for the sleeper sofa. The odor of the room was very musty. There were crumbs in the floor under the luggage stand. We understand why there were not many car at this location and we will not return.
The lady at the front desk when we checked out was kind. She had been there the evening when we checked in and was polite then as well. The gentlemen at check in was unreasonable! Will not recommend!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Himali P, Director of Operations at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Nancy H, I do apologize for the inconvenience you may have encountered with your stay. While your reservation was confirmed, the room type you had requested was out of order during your stay. The Comfort Suites policy states that there is an extra person charge for a 3rd adult staying in the room. I will be sure to take your feedback to the staff so that we may better serve guests in the future. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again so we can show you a truly exceptional stay!
Tremonton, Utah
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Due to weather we changed our plans and decided to find the closest hotel. We were pleasantly surprised to find a Very NICE and spacioius room. The price was great for the size of the rooms. Staff was very accomadating. They seemed to truly care that we had a good experience. Nice to see that hospitality. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Trudi H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eufaula
Quality Inn & Suites Eufaula
George T. Bagby State Park Lodge
Days Inn Eufaula AL
Days Inn Eufaula AL
#6 of 9 in Eufaula

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!