“Great BBQ”

Bubba's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The food was great. Had pulled pork sandwich with Elvis and some other creepy mannequin figures. Had fun though!

1 Thank Yvonne D

Ithaca, New York
“Great Q!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We had delicious, tender brisket and ribs in a place that would be a wet dream for the guys from American Pickers. First, let's say that the barbecue was excellent and I'd return in a minute for more. The place is covered from kick boards over the ceiling with signs, license plates, "wate and fate" scale, promotional clocks, and a cabinet full of oddities and antiques. At a window-side table sit a foursome of mannequins, one dressed as Honest Abe. Clean ladies' room with some more fun signs. You give your order at the counter and the staff brings it to your table. Only drawback: Fox News blaring from the TV -- almost impossible to have a conversation over the din. Otherwise, this place is a real find.

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta
“Get the cole slaw”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The meats were just average, but the coleslaw was really, really good. Main down side: Fox noise on; at a minimum, close captioning would be a blessing. Certainly an excellent alternative to the standard franchises; enjoyed the friendliness of the cashier and Bubba. But I would avoid the BBQ sauce on the tables. Saw a six-year old put it in his mouth and squirt on his way out.

Visited January 2014
Mobile, Alabama
“Good Bar-B-Que”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stopped into Bubba's BBQ in Evergreen. I could not pass it up after seeing the sign on the side of the parked 18 wheeler (who could argue with that). The restaurant is very cleverly decorated with old business signs, and a table full of celebrities (you have to see it). I have been a couple of times, the ribs are very good, the sides are all excellent, the portions are large, but not inexpensive, but skip the chicken salad. The chicken salad has mustard and dill which some may like, but I do not.

A great alternative to fast food between Montgomery and Mobile

• Visited October 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“Fine Q”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Last week's vacation included a quest to not eat in any chain restaurant. We had succeeded, but on the way home up I-65, I was afraid that a chain burger was in my future. I asked my wife to search out some BBQ, and she hit upon Bubba's in Evergreen, right off the interstate. Good choice! I don't like to eat in Q restaurants where the chairs match, and this one met that requirement. Not to say that it is not a very nice, clean place, but it looked the part. As Bubba said, it is hard to find matching chairs when you shop at thrift shops and garage sales. Yes, there was a Bubba, and he was a friendly guy who stopped by to make sure we were enjoying outselves. Blake at the counter was also very friendly and helpful. And by the way, the food was also great! I had the chopped pork plate with beans and slaw and a couple of slices of "light bread" as my grandfather called it. I ate it all. Sweet tea was excellent as well. I got a refill as I was leaving and drank it before I got to the car, so I had to go back for more. No complaints whatsoever.

• Visited October 2013