“Should have looked around”
Review of Evergreen Inn

Evergreen Inn
Evergreen Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Evergreen
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were tired of driving and had stayed at an America's Best Value before in another state but this one was not worth it. The bed was comfortable but the carpet need cleaned, I would not take off my socks. Needed to be updated. The TV definately needs replaced. The town is sad and I'm sure this has something to do with the Inn's lack of customers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marilyn C

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is barely adequate. Perhaps it is the location, with little to No town. The picture on the internet does not reflect the physical building. We were tired of driving and it is right off the highway, but folks keep on driving. The owner was pleasant at check in, but our room was dated, from maybe 1963. We love to find those little "gems" in budget hotels, this is not one of them. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone and as it became clear throughout the evening, no one else stopped there either. Three cars in the parking lot. If you must stop there, be sure to have your own food, as a fast-food market and a subway were the only choices. In retrospect, I would have stayed at the newer Econolodge, but probably would have kept on driving.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TexasLadyJane
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This stay was amazing in every way. The rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. The staff was great, and the service was good as well. Also the price was great, and i will come back again. I recommend this stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I needed to stay in Brent, AL but there are no real hotels in Brent to speak of. After searching on Orbitz, I found this hotel that according to the map was within a 10 minute drive. Turns out the drive is more like an hour and we were arriving at around 3AM. It was not a good time to continue searching for Americas Best Value Inn in Evergreen, so had to stay somewhere else. The next morning I called to cancel my two day reservation with ABVI but was told that only the manager could approve the cancellation and he would be in at around 2PM. I called at 2:15PM, no manager, and a different front desk person who did not speak English well enough to understand me, said there would be no manager. I called Oribtz. They were no help either and even said that the front desk person yelled at the Orbitz rep. The front desk person did tell Orbitz, though, that there would be NO refund of any kind. We had to go to a funeral and were in no position to drive for more than an hour back and forth. I made a mistake but had no understanding from the hotel staff. They were not courteous, not willing to work with the customer, not even showing plain understanding of the situation. They were just rude. Stay away from them.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank First L
Reviewed 20 April 2012

In a nutshell this hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff was great, hotel was clean and the price was excellent. The staff allowed us to check in early, upgrade our room and were super friendly with helping us navigate our way around the city. Great place to stay.
I'll be returning here later this year. The staff was polite and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank james j
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My family and I were headed to Texas for family reunion and stoped in Evegreen for the night. The rooms were nice and spaceous with really comfortable beds. The hotel staff was awesome and went out of the way to accomendate us. We had a great experience with this motel and what a vaule. I would recommend this motel to anyone....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jane s
Reviewed 3 September 2010

On our trip to Atlanta we decided to stop at this motel for the night because they allowed dogs. The entire motel was beat up and moldy, the room was hot and damp too. We had to search for 10 minutes for a vending machine that didn't even have water. The entire stay at the motel we didn't have any clean water. At bed time my dog, who always sleeps on the bed, slept on the floor for what I presume he thought was cleaner than the bed. The entire night no one slept. This was the worst motel I have ever been to.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family