America's Best Inn of Fairfield/Birmingham
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairfield
gustav1
“Gustav”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2008

This place is a mess. Upon arrival the lobby,elevator and halls were extremely hot. The hall on the third floor had an unplesant odor maybe due to the pets and no Air Conditioning. The bedding area was nice. It was large and roomy. But there were no rooms with kitchenettes available. The bathroom was another situation. It was in need of paint. The toilet set was in need of repair. The lighting was bad. The bathtub did not have the slip resistant pad. I experinced an itching sensation while I was there. I did not see any bugs but I was not itching when I arrived. The surrounding area did not have any restaurants other than fast food. So eating decent food was difficult. At the price for the room, they were robbing me. When I booked the room I was quoted a rate. When I arrived and requested a Senior 50 + mature rate I was told the rate I got was the 50 + senior. So it seems they were giving that rate to everyone going online seeking rooms. I could go on but in summary this place is not worth the money or the trouble. Comfort Inn Fairfield cross it off your list.

• Liked — Polite Staff
  • Disliked — Price and facility
  • Stayed September 2008
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Adamsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2008

I am a Supervisor at a three star hotel located in the downtown business district of Birmingham and I pride myself on telling my employees on how their cleaning performance in a room affects the guests overall satisfaction of the hotel along with customer service. So when I became a guest at the Comfort lnn Hotel I knew immediately what to look for and how things should be and how staff should respond to guest complaints and expectations. So on June 27th,2008 my husband and I had planned a romantic get-away for our 15th Wedding Anniversary and decided to find a hotel close to where we would be attending our event. Upon arrival we noticed alot of fans in the lobby area which was quite hot and a lady rose from behind the counter which we could not see her sitting behind. And she also did not do the standard greeting of "Welcoming us " to the hotel instead she confirmed our reservations only asking for my husband's driver's license and continued to talk to whoever she was complaining about having to work the weekend.
We contined to our room and the bed looked like someone had just gotten out of it. The sheets felt gritty and the pillowcases on the bed had not been changed. The bathub had hair in it and on the floor and there was half a dead mosquito in the corner of the bathroom floor. During the night my sheets had gotten soiled so I called the young lady up front if we could get our sheets changed and she repiled that we could bring the old sheets to the front and she would replace them because there were no housekeeping staff at night to clean the room. Feeling embarrased about taking my sheets up front or asking for new ones I decided to make due with the soiled sheets and slept on them.
The next day we left for our event came back to the room around 9:00 p.m not only was our room not cleaned the same sheets where on the bed! I called back to guest services and he apologized and stated that we could come to the front and get some more sheets as I was pulling the pillowcase from the pillow I noticed blood on the pillow that I had slept on and it wasn't mine. I had had it then not only did I sleep on soiled linen , blood on the pillow and unsympathetic staff I gathered up my luggage and we left to find another hotel on the other side of town.
We paid for a romantic get-a-way and instead got the Titantic. The staff was incompetent and could or would not do anything without Management approval. They had this attitude of I 'm sorry but what do you want me to do about it?"
I would not recommend anyone to stay at this Hotel especially at night because if you happen to have an emergency , soil your linen, children running up and down the hall at 11:00 p.m, or need anything do not rely on the night crew to service you! Needless to say I would have done better if I would have just stayed at home instead of getting away like everyone told me too.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sirodni

Travellers are raving about these Fairfield hotels

Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2007

This hotel pretty much served the needs of our family for a weekend stay. The hotel has a n extremley helpfull staff that is very pleaseant, polite and willing to please. The location is close to shopping, but not much is within walking distance. Not a big problem for us as we did not intend to do much walking anyway. I must however get to the primary reason I am writing this review. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in my day all around the world and have never had a cockroach crawling on the wall until this morning. I had to call the front desk and have a member of the staff come up and extracate the unwelcome guest from the wall of my shower. I requested an adjustement of my bill for the our second night, wich the manager had no problem doing. This Hotel is a grat place to rest your head, but not good for much else.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MUL2CTD
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2006

The hotel was nice and clean. Large spacious rooms and the guest services was great. I will stay here again

• Liked — Continental Breakfast
  • Disliked — No sit down restarant near by
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank smtguy
Elizabethtown, KY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2004

I have stayed at many hotels over the years, but this hotel has been the worse one. There was absolutely nothing enjoyable about my stay. I encountered many problems during my stay. I was moved 4 times before getting a room that was habitable! At best, I considered it “OK”. The first two rooms had a horrible musty odor. The third room had mold on the ceiling over the A/C unit. All three rooms were dirty, especially around the edges. The TV didn’t work in the third room and in another room the remote didn’t work. There was no hair dryer in the room as advertised on the website. There were only 2 sets of towels and washcloths even though there were 3 of us. I had to go to the front desk to get an extra set each day.

I recommend that the general manager, the maintenance supervisor, and the housekeeping supervisor thoroughly inspect each room together.

I’m not trying to be mean or hateful, but I will never stay at this hotel again, nor any other Fairfield Inn. This hotel needs a lot of immediate attention and I hope this wake-up call will spur immediate action so others won’t have the same experience. I would have gotten a refund and left after the second room was uninhabitable, but after driving 7-8 hours, it was already nighttime when I arrived there. Also, due to the University of Alabama opening football weekend I didn’t want to waste time driving up and down the interstate searching for another hotel.

The desk clerk that evening did the best that she could. She was very accommodating and apologetic. Kudos to her! She was the only nice thing about my stay. She gave me a few dollars discount on the room rate. Even though she gave me a $49.00 nightly rate, that was still too high. I have requested a full refund.

I have sent a letter to the general manager and to the corporate office.

Fairfield Inn should offer a “100% satisfaction guarantee”.

11 Thank BamaCharlie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites
Redmont Hotel Birmingham, Curio Collection by Hilton
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southeast
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bessemer Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#44 of 79 in Birmingham

Been to America's Best Inn of Fairfield/Birmingham? Share your experiences!