My 13-year-old son and I stayed at Bay Breeze for two nights. The suites were booked, so we stayed in the Jubilee, a cozy studio in the guest house.When we arrived, we were greeted by Bill and Becky, accompanied by four guests and two resident dogs. We were immediately oriented, given the tour (which included directions to the ice cream), and told to make ourselves at home. In the evening, the two of us went out to the upper deck over Mobile Bay to watch the sun set over the water. The next morning, we sat at the breakfast table with eight other guests who had all stayed at the Bay Breeze several times before. The sense of welcome was warm and pervasive, and the conversation at the table was lively and filled with laughter. As a food afficionado from the culinary font of New Orleans, I am accustomed to disappointment when sampling fare outside of my beloved hometown. However, I was delighted with the delicious breakfast at Bay Breeze. Saturday, we had a proper country breakfast with Bay Breeze's proprietary, renowned, and delectable Pier Grits. On Sunday, we had Eggs Benedict that would have impressed even our former Pontiff. Both meals featured a prelude of succulent fresh fruit that was clearly hand-selected. The alcoholic in me adored the pomegranate mimosas on Sunday. The grammarian in me relished Becky's table-time language and pronunciation lessons (you will learn how to peel a pomegranate and how to properly pronounce its name :-). She is a former school teacher, and she knows how to get attention from all of the "students" at her table! I can't write enough accolades to justify the experience we had at Bay Breeze. Bill and Becky truly made us feel like we were visiting family. Need I add that our visit ended with a hug from Becky? Well, it did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique bay front stucco home was built in the early 1930's and has been lovingly restored, remodeled and enlarged through the years to hold family heirlooms and period antiques which date back five generations. Wicker, stained glass, hooked and oriental rugs abound in every room. Everything from a mantel to a sofa or silk tie quilt has a very special story. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bay Breeze Hotel Fairhope
- Bay Breeze Bed And Breakfast
- Bay Breeze Bed & Breakfast Fairhope, Alabama