“Quintessential Southern Hospitality”

Point Clear Cottages
Ranked #1 of 9 Fairhope B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband, Kenny, and I have just returned home from a brief stay (3 nights) at Point Clear Cottages (Bayshore Cottage) and are already suffering withdrawals! After reading others' reviews, there is not much more to be added. I feel that Mr. B, Joannie and Tabatha are new friends. They all go above and beyond the "norm" and make your stay a true visit. The highest compliment I can pay will be to return and to tell others of this enchanting B and B. Thank you all (Mr. B, Joannie, Tab) for a wonderfully relaxing time; delicious food; immaculately clean, comfortable cottage; and enjoyable company. I absolutely cannot wait to return to Point Clear Cottages!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Angela and Kenny, Thank you for staying at Point Clear Cottages. We enjoyed having you and really appreciate the nice review on Tripadvisor.com. Please come back again.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We are two Louisiana friends who have traveled together often both in and out of the US teaching abroad for LSU or just taking a fun trip. And have stayed in B&B's literally everywhere! The Point Clear Cottages in Fairhope, AL was simply "The Best" !
For this trip we wanted just a short girls get-away to the Gulf Coast to enjoy some views of beautiful water, walk on the beach or boardwalk, stay in a first class accommodation (reasonably priced), eat some great food, and enjoy LOTS of great shopping and laughing!
I searched online for several days for the "perfect place to stay" but nothing seemed to match what we wanted. THEN...I came across gorgeous Point Clear Cottages Bed and Breakfast and it seemed to be exactly what we were looking for.... so I called and a wonderfully warm, welcoming, gracious lady thanked me for calling and said she would have the owner, Mr. Robert Berglin, return my call as soon as he returned from errands. Within just a short time, Robert, a true southern gentleman and host, returned my call and said he had the Master Bedroom in the main house available for two nights, exactly what we needed... And what turned out to be our perfect trip was booked for two nights.
Our room in the main home was extremely beautiful and comfortable. We were given the run of the house as needed and made to feel very welcomed. Robert also stays in the main house and was available for anything we needed. He made sure everything was perfect for our stay. Our room had a large private bathroom with a huge walk in all glass shower that was excellent. All amenities were provided and large beautiful white towels and bath robes provided. A large walk-in closet was a great place for all our clothes, those we brought and those we bought on our shopping ventures! Everything was immaculately clean and spacious. The bedroom had a doorwhich opened onto the glassed back porch overlooking the gorgeous landscape of the lawn and facing the Bay. It was also beautifully, comfortably furnished, a great place to sit and ponder, or stay up late and read without disturbing your roomie, or to just sit and watch the morning sunrise while drinking coffee (made each morning by 6:30).There was a TV in our room, enclosed in a beautiful armoire, we watched old movies one night and stayed up late laughing and having fun. There was only one bed in our room so Robert offered to put another one in for us, although the over-sized king size bed in the room was so large we didn't even know each other was there and worked fine for us. Our room also opened into the large living room and kitchen "great room" with access to the kitchen for anything we wanted or needed in the refrigerator or for extra coffee, cokes, drinks. It also was the back door access for the parking area and our car. We were given a key to come and go as desired. The furnishings in the home were absolutely beautiful, which we loved. The hospitality here was unsurpassed compared to all other places we have stayed. Checkout was also easy and we were even given cold water packed in ice for our trip home and AL peaches for a snack! We wanted to see the other cottages while we were there, when other cottages were available Robert and staff gave us a tour. These accommodations were also wonderful and allowed for total privacy if desired.
The gorgeous lawn could be on the cover of Southern Living with its thousands of red Caladiums beautifully manicured with picturesque lighting, greenery, trees, sculptures, and fountains.The lawn went right down to a wonderful pier, outdoor kitchen and sitting area, and boathouse on the lovely Mobile Bay. You can swim, boat, watch the sun come up and go down, and enjoy the beautiful moon on the water. We were greeted by a large gray egret when we walked out to the pier the first afternoon. We loved breakfast each morning prepared and served at 9AM out on the pier. Delicious pecan waffles, fresh cut fruits, crabmeat omelets, cheese biscuits, sausage, bacon, juices and Community coffee were awesome!....and beautifully served to each of us as it was prepared. It was sooo good! At breakfast we met the other guests staying there and enjoyed talking with them. We all agreed how excellent the B&B is!
We enjoyed wonderful fresh seafood, wonderful steak, and Asian dishes at local restaurants near the B&B for our noon and night meals, and hope to try many others Robert recommended on our next trip! The shopping in town was unbelievable with lots and lots of great upscale clothing and estate furniture consignment and resale shops, garden centers, and many others.The entire area of Point Clear and Fairhope was, exceptionally gorgeous, immaculate, and extremely hospitable. Fresh produce markets near the B&B sold delicious AL peaches and corn, which served as souvenirs to be brought home to our husbands, family and friends!
We truly hit the jackpot finding Point Clear Cottages, our stay was wonderful in every way... only a 3-4 hour drive from our homes in and near Baton Rouge, LA, "The Best" accommodations reasonably priced with first class host and hospitality, beautiful waters of Mobile Bay, a wonderful private pier and deck to enjoy and relax at anytime, great food cooked and severed to us by an excellent staff, lots and lots of great shopping and excellent restaurants nearby with friendly gracious people throughout the area. All who tried to make us think we were wonderful too!
We will definitely return to Point Clear Cottages, I hope to take my husband next time to share in this utopia of B&B's!
Thanks Robert and staff for a wonderful time, You are simply "The Best"!!

Room Tip: The cottages are private. The master bedroom in the main house is accessible to beautiful porch with...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LSUfriends

Essie, Thank you for staying at Point Clear Cottages. Thanks for the nice note and the recipes. I can't wait to try them. Thank you for the great review. I am so happy that you and your friend had such a good time. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Point Clear Cottages. Everything was superb, from the cottage (we stayed in the Bayshore Cottage), to the breakfast, to the view! My husband and I enjoyed breakfast with the other guests and chatting with Mr. Berglin and the ladies who made us the delicious breakfasts! This is the best place I have ever stayed, hands down. We will be back on a return visit!

1  Thank poodleann04
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Poodle Ann, Thank you for the nice review on tripadvisor.com. I am so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. Please come again.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Clearpointe cottages came highly recommended by a friend. The 3 day experience exceeded our expectations. Mr. Berglund and staff provided the best service. Every need was anticipated and met. Amazing breakfast menu. Each morning you think it can't get any better. To our surprise it always did!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thanks for the nice review on tripadvisor.com and thank you for choosing Point Clear Cottages to stay. Please come again.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Point Clear Cottages is an absolutely beautiful Bed and Breakfast. It exceeded all our expectations. The pictures we reviewed are beautiful but represent only a slight glimpse of the beauty of this place. I am so glad I selected this Bed and Breakfast to spend my birthday weekend. We stayed for two nights in the Bay Shore Cottage and one night in the Pelican's Rest. They are just perfect!
Mr. Berglin had champagne chilled, fresh flowers and beautiful music playing when we opened our Bay Shore Cottage door. He also had the sweetest note wishing me a Happy Birthday.
He and his precious staff, Joanie and Tabitha are amazing! They are so personal and make sure every need is met. Joanie and Tabitha prepare an amazing breakfast every morning--and greet you with their big, bright, happy smile as you dine on the pier overlooking the Mobile Bay.
Crab Omelette, spinach quiche, fresh fruit with Joanie's special flavoring, homemade hash browns, bread pudding and peach cobbler for Breakfast! You cant get any better than that!
Point Clear Cottages are stocked with all the amenities you could ever need, the most beautiful grounds, and the best Southern Hospitality you'll ever receive.
Thank you so much Mr. Berglin, Joanie and Tabitha for making this the best birthday memory!
We will be back!!!
Stan and Judy :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Judy, Thanks for spending your Birthday weekend at Point Clear Cottages. I am so happy that you and Stan had a nice time and enjoyed your trip. I really appreciate the nice review and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay here. The Bayshore Cottage was emaculate and very high end in every detail. So clean and fresh and smelled amazing. Breakfast is 1st class and are Mr. B, Joannie and Tab. Wish we had longer to stay. We would love to return in the future. This will definitely make staying in a hotel much, much harder, as this is far better than any fine hotel we have stayed. You will not regret the stay here. It is everything they say and so much more. You really have to experience it for yourself. It is so much better than the reviews actually. You are made to feel right at home even though you are in someone elses home. Very welcoming and not uncomfortable at all. Must get Tab to sing for you at breakfast. Beautiful and Lovely. P.S. If hot tubs scare you "like me", my husband talked me into getting in. Very clean and not gross at all. Very nice hot tub.

Room Tip: Bayshore Cottage is seperate from main house. You feel so much more secluded and private. Did not wa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at Point Clear Cottages and thank you for the nice review on tripadvisor.com. I hope to see you again in the future. Have a nice 4th of July.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Terrific host and staff made this the best B & B experience we've ever had. We've stayed at the Marriott less than 1/4 mile away, and wouldn't trade the experience here with Bob, Joannie, and Tab for the best room at the Marriott. We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Jerry, It was great having you and your wife stay at Point Clear Cottages. Joannie, Tabatha and I all enjoyed your company and so glad that you stayed with us and had a nice time. I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks for the great review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhope
Key West Inn
Malaga Inn
Malaga Inn
#8 of 64 in Mobile
Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown

Been to Point Clear Cottages? Share your experiences!