Point Clear Cottages
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Inn Express Fairhope(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$96
Key West Inn(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
US$84
Hampton Inn Fairhope(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$94
Priceline
US$170
US$138
All reviewsbayshore cottagerobert berglinmaster bedroomthe ownerthe main houseice creammy husband and ipelican's restsouthern hospitalityb bshrimp and gritsmobile baybay shorepecan wafflebed and breakfastjuiceget away
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I've been to a lot of places, stayed in many different hotel/motel/B&Bs, but nothing compares to the wonderful experience, we had at Point Clear Cottages. Robert Berglin, is a wonderfully charming host, and very informative about the surrounding area, and it's restaurants. Mr. Berglin and his staff, were extremely accommodating and spoiled me. Joanie, Point Clear's chef, created the most delicious breakfasts, that would rival a world class chef's best efforts. Tabitha and Kaky, were also, wonderful, and very warm, and friendly. My boyfriend, and I, stayed in the main house, and it was amazing, comfortable, private, warm, and inviting. Mr. Berglin and his staff, made us feel right at home. We felt like we were part of his family. I will never forget my stay at Point Clear Cottages.......it was the experience of a lifetime!! And I will be returning. I've already recommended Point Clear Cottages to ALL of my friends and family.....many of who, will be experiencing the peaceful beauty of this wonderous get away, for themselves, very soon. Thank you Robert, Joanie, Tabitha, and Kaky, for a truly beautiful experience......you all touched my soul, more then I can convey! God bless you all!!

Room Tip: The main house acommodation, is a pampering one......and you've GOT to experience the beauty, and serenity of the pier......breathtaking!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you so much for the very nice review. We truly love what we do and are so happy you came to experience what we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again, and a big thank you for the referrals!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our first clue that we had chosen our destination well was when I responded to Mr. Berglin's "looking forward to seeing you" email before we left. I asked if he had bikes on property or if they could be rented in the area. He promptly replied that his were getting old, so he would go buy some for us. When we arrived, two shiny, new cruiser bikes were waiting on the porch, and over the next two days, we used them to explore this beautiful area via a great bike path and quiet roads.

Our next pleasant surprise upon entering Pelican's Rest was finding the freezer stocked with an assortment of ice cream and ice cream bars to replenish calories burned biking!

Pelican's Rest, located above the carport, is very private with its own entrance. The furnishings and decor were excellent, and it was immaculately clean and spacious. The bed slept great, and they really do iron the sheets! (Not a complaint from me, but the bed was a queen not a king size as noted in the website.)

The homemade breakfasts, cooked and served by Joannie and Tabatha, were outstanding and deservedly served on fine china. The shrimp and grits served on our last day were among the best I have ever eaten. The food's taste was enhanced by these ladies' friendly and first-class service.

By having only two primary accommodations, you really feel that you have the place to yourself most of the time, and Mr. Berglin and staff pamper you in any way they can.

On our last day, we were presented with a hand-written thank-you note and a gift bag with candies, fruit, and water for our travels. A classy way to end a classy stay.

We will be back.

Room Tip: Bayshore Cottage is a free-standing room between the main house and the water, so it is convenient to dock. Pelican's Rest is on the other side of the main house, so there is not a water view; however it is larger and has a full kitchen. The Master Bedroom is in the main house which is Mr. Berglin's residence, so there would be activity in the common areas.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the new cruisers! Would you please do me a favor and email me where you found that we state that the Pelican's Rest features a king bed as I am not finding it and would like to correct that ASAP! Thank you for bringing that to our attention, We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully for a longer stay!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Mr. B's bed and breakfast far exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the cottage and it was so wonderful. Refrigerator was stocked, chocolates on the bed every night and I can't say enough about Joanie and Tabitha and the wonderful breakfast they prepared every morning of our stay. Robert was so interesting to talk to and he asked us everyday if there was anything at all that we needed to make our stay more comfortable and there wasn't. We had everything we needed and more. I highly recommend Point Clear Cottages. You will not be disappointed. Fairhope is a beautiful town with lots of neat shops. We knew after the first day that this will be an annual trip for us. Thanks Robert, Joanie and Tabitha for making this a vacation to remember.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much that you want to make it an annual occasion. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife, son and I stayed at Point Clear Cottages recently and it was perfect. My son stayed in Bayshore Cottage and we stayed in the Master Bedroom in the main house. The accommodation is wonderful and we very much felt at home in the relaxed setting of Point Clear Cottages. Robert is a great host and very friendly. When my son asked whether we could kayak from the pier Robert fetched two kayaks for us immediately. The following day we went with him to buy new kayaks and equipment so that guests can experience the delight of Mobile Bay direct from Robert's pier. We planned several visits of the area before we arrived but found ourselves spending most of the time in and around this fantastic property. The pier is a great place to have a barbeque with staggering sunsets. Joanie, is a great cook and a delight to talk to, and along with the other staff make you feel very much at home. This B&B must be one of the best in the USA and was the highlight of our visit. We will be back asap and highly recommend a stay. Great place and people.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Algolon

We strive to ensure our guests feel at home and have a special stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and are planning a return visit. Thank you for the review, see you soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Great accomodations, great staff. The place was by far one of the cleanest, manicured, quiet, comfortable B&B we have stayed at. The scenery was marvelous, and many options of things to do there. Breakfast was prompt and delicious. The staff & Robert really go out of their way with any needs. Highly recommend it.

1  Thank Manuel R
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We strive to provide a quality experience for our guests. It pleases us to know that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the recommendation! Thank you for the review. Come again!