“Bed bugs found. Disgusting place.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Key West Inn

and 1 more site!
Key West Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Fairhope
“Bed bugs found. Disgusting place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

We picked this hotel because it was across from the hospital. I pulled the mattress back as soon as I got in the room and found bed bug fecal matter all over the box spring cover. There was evidence on both beds in the room. The clerk gave me another room and I found 2 dead bug bugs and more fecal matter on the beds in there too. The clerk asked me if I wanted another room because he knew everything was brand new. I declined and left. Disgusting place.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Hogandog1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kaiserslautern, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one Saturday night. Booked here because we had our dog and this was the only pet-friendly hotel in Fairhope ($15 pet fee). With last minute booking had choice of 3 rooms. 2 were smoking and smelled like it so we picked the 3rd. Room was fine - Clean, hot water, ok beds, fridge. No cribs available for our infant. Continental breakfast was weak. Zero healthy food like fruit or even eggs or yogurt. Strictly cereal, coffee, oatmeal/grits, muffins, danishes, freezer sausage sandwiches. Location is good. 5 minute drive from downtown. Stayed here b/c we wanted to stay in Fairhope and had our dog, otherwise we wouldn't necessarily stay here.

• Stayed April 2013
Millport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Enjoyed our stay at Key West Inn. This was our first time to use a Key West Inn, but will do it again. It was clean and located in a quiet area.
It was very enjoyable. We did some sight seeing in the area and rode over to Gulf Shores to eat some seafood. We ate the breakfast that was furnished. It was plenty to sustain us until lunch..The people that worked at the desk was friendly and nice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Faye W
Chicago vicinity
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Key West Inn had a cheaper room rate than the other pet friendly hotels in the area, and the pet fee tacked on as an additional charge wasn't nearly as obnoxious as the one charged by the local Holiday Inn Express. The room was pretty basic. It was clean but had some very minor repair issues (i.e., slow sink drain, light bulb burnt out). Service was good from when I called to make a reservation through check-in and check-out. And we got a first floor room as requested.

When we first got there I drove past the hotel's driveway not seeing it until too late. The hotel is set a bit back from the main roadway partially hidden behind other businesses, if you aren't paying close attention. But being on Fairhope's main drive means that several restaurants (mostly fast food) are nearby, some within easy walking distance. One of those businesses is a bar, but eventhough we were on the north side(?) of the hotel closest to the bar, I only noticed the crowd noise when I went outside to walk the dog.

The best thing I can stay is that I'd definitely go back.

Room Tip: The side of the hotel furthest away from the lobby (north side) is closer to a bar. I only noticed t...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Guernsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is really a motel off the main drag that runs through the town of Fairhope. However, do not let the location put you off. The room was clean, tidy, the shower was powerful and the bed's comfortable to sleep in. The inn may not have a bar and restaurant but there are lovely places to have a bite to eat in the older section of town so why hang around the motel, anyways? The taxi services here were great, friendly easy to arrange and prompt. Definitely value for money.

Room Tip: There are two levels to the motel so if you are in any way uncomfortable with a ground floor room wi...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hottons
Fairhope, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

This hotel is comparable to most other budget hotels; better than Motel 6 but not as nice as Holiday Inn. Nice staff, great location, and rates are hard to beat. Only negative was the bathroom door wouldn't stay closed (misaligned latch) so had to shove a towel under it to keep it shut. Overall a decent place to stay if all you need is an average room.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms available.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights for a dog competition. When making my reservation, the clerk was quite helpful in honoring my request for a downstairs room. Upon arrival, the check-in was quick and the desk clerk was friendly.The room was clean and equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and hair dryer. I cannot comment on the breakfast as I did not take advantage of it. The parking was plentiful; however, due to the configuration of the hotel and outside "patio" areas, there was limited availability to park outside of or close to my own room. This was the reason I had requested a room downstairs, to reduce the need to carry my belongings any significant distance. Additionally, I felt the pet fee, PER DOG as well as PER NIGHT, was excessive. Also of note, there is a bar right next door which can be loud at night and the patrons sometimes hang outside of the bar. Aside from these issues, this is an acceptable accommodation with a friendly staff and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhope
Hampton Inn Fairhope
Lewiston Hall
Lewiston Hall
#14 of 24 in Gulf Shores
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores

Been to Key West Inn? Share your experiences!