“Nice Mardi Gras Stop”

The Pub
Cuisines: American
“Nice Mardi Gras Stop”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I am not familiar with the pre-renovated establishment, but my party of five truly enjoyed Courtyard @311 in Fairhope. We were seated quickly in the downstairs area and the restaurant filled completely not long after we arrived - always a good sign. Service was very good and the food and beverages arrived promptly. Despite the large patronage, we were not rushed at any time to free our table.

We started with the loaded fried chips with 1/2 pork and 1/2 shrimp - delicious. I had the house salad with fried oysters - the oysters were enormous, fresh and delicious - after the oysters, there wasn't a whole lot to the salad underneath - but I didn't really care at that point. My associate had the cheeseburger which was prepared exactly to order. We also had a serving of grits - unique and excellent, with a bit of a bite and corn dispersed throughout. The two year old in our party loved the grits and the six year old was happy with her kids fried shrimp dinner. There is also a nice selection of microbrews on tap for the adults. The only minor comment is, although my beer was cold, I would have preferred it to be very ice cold

The locals in our party have eaten in many downtown Fairhope restaurants and rated Courtyard@311 one of the best. All five of us ate for under $50 with drinks (disclaimer - two were kids meals). We would not hesitate to return to Courtyard@311 on our next trip to Fairhope. Next time, I am all in for a plate of those delectable fried oysters!

• Visited February 2013

“Revamped for the better”
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

This place is now called courtyard @ 311. We stumbled on it while waiting for a mardi gras parade. Atmosphere was perfect! Recommend kettle chips with half and half pork and shrimp for appetizer. Cheeseburger was good.

Fairhope, Alabama
“Better”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Under new ownership and MUCH cleaner than it used to be. The new owner has had other successful restaurants in the area and the food is good...but something just seems off about this place.. perhaps it's the lighting, or the wait staff. It's pretty obvious that I'm not the only person who's noticed because you can always get a table here when everything else is packed.

Visited December 2012
Madison, Mississippi
“Great place for lunch while shopping in Fairhope”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Great salads, soups and sandwiches and a convenient place to have lunch while shopping or a great place for your husband to have a glass of wine or a beer while YOU shop!

Visited December 2012
Leeds, Alabama
“Great place to Drank!”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Cozy place, the bartenders were friendly and attentive. The crowd was friendly as well. I like that there is an upstairs, and an outside balcony. Had a great time. I didn't try the food, so I can't speak for that.

• Visited August 2012