“terrible hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Fairhope
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fairhope
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The room smelled horrible, it was humid and dirty. The sheets were rough and dirty as well. I asked for a room change several times and was completely ignored. No shampoos or soap were added to my room. The front desk was no help, and on several occasions rude. To top it all off there was 200 dollars missing from my bag.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank el c
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear el c,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I like Holiday Inn Express, I think they do a good job overall, but if you depend on Holiday Inn Express standards in booking a hotel this place will disappoint. It's not terrible, it's just not up to what you expect from HI Express. A little dirty, smell of whatever hotels use to kill long term smoking, almost like formaldehyde. I seriously doubt it was built as a HI Express. The HI Express emblems on the doors are peel off. For what I paid I should have had second thoughts. People are nice and location is good, beds are substandard, floors pretty dirty, just a letdown from HI express standards.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TOM S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Tom S,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

When we arrived Friday night there was one woman running the whole show; she seemed extremely frazzled but was nice. The room smelled stale but not rancid. Very quiet, nice wooded view on third floor. I was taking a bath when much to my horror I saw the side of the toilet was covered in diarrhea streaks. (not ours) Also, twice we saw someone with a plunger roaming the halls. Also our toilet wouldn't quit running. So in conclusion, I was not impressed with the potty situation but overall I was content and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We recently participated in the MS Bike Ride. The HI Express in Fairhope
was attractive and clean. The Front Desk staff was friendly, courteous,
and most helpful. We will certainly use your facility again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I attended a symposium presented by Continental Motors, which is bases in Mobil with facilities at the Fairhope Airport. We were impressed by the staff of the hotel, namely Tiffany and Cindy, who were so helpful and cordial.

The hotel management went out of their way to provide the best service to the Continental Event participants including a very special breakfast.

We would recommend this hotel for either business of leisure travel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I am staying at this hotel 8/30-9/2. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, comfortable and nice. The breakfast was delicious. We have been coming to this hotel for eight years and always look forward to coming. We highly recommend this hotel.
Dr. and Mrs. Bernard Dreiling.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne D
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at the hotel over the weekend of 8/24-8/27 from the time I checked in until I checked out I enjoyed my stay. I am especially thankful for the young lady behind the desk, Tiffany. Every time we walked pass she would greet us with a smile and that made us feel very welcome. I will definitely stay here again especially with staff like that. Thank you for such a memorable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhope
Key West Inn
22 mi away
Best Western On The Beach
Best Western On The Beach
#2 of 25 in Gulf Shores

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairhope? Share your experiences!