My wife go to a Mardi Gras ball in Fairhope ever year and I have stayed at this Inn the same weekend for the last 7 years without a problem. This year was different though.
We had reservations and when we arrived we waited in line at the front desk. I asked if we could have a room near some friends that were already checked in. We were told we could not and our room was not ready, although it would be in 15 minutes. We were also told that we could not check in until the room was ready and that we would have to come back to the front desk and wait in line again when it was.
I was unhappy but I promised my wife I would wait the 15 minutes we were told it would take to get our room ready. While we sat there waiting I watched 3 other people check in and get a room. That really pissed me off. So after waiting 15 minutes I asked about my room again and was told that it still was not ready and one of the clerks was checking on it. I asked how others had been able to check in when we were not and was told that their rooms were ready and ours wasn't. Then I told the clerk to give me one of the rooms that was ready and was told that they were for people that hadn't arrived yet. I was about to go ballistic.
I worked my way through college at the front desk of a hotel and I know how this works. The clerks had assigned rooms at the beginning of their shift and were not willing to reassign them because it was too much trouble. When I worked the front desk and we had assigned a room to someone I would have made every effort to reassign a room to move someone closer to a friend staying at the hotel and I would NEVER have had someone wait on a room to be made up when there were others that were ready.
I addition, to the front desk problems, our door key didn't work, the hair dryer in our room didn't work, and the ice maker on our floor didn't work.
Next year we will stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coastal breezes, small town charm and a sense of romance and serenity welcome you to the Holiday Inn Express® Fairhope - Point Clear. Surrounded by unique attractions, we're great for both business and leisure visits.For corporate travelers here to do business on the Eastern Shore, Point Clear and Fairhope, AL, our hotel's location is perfect. We're near a number of local businesses, including Segers Aerospace, Sunbelt Fire and Thomas Hospital. We feature a 1,700-sq-ft meeting facility and a state-of-the-art Business Center with print services.Leisure guests experience the ultimate vacation in Fairhope, AL. Our hotel's proximity to Mobile Bay provides easy access to Fairhope Pier and its amazing coastal beauty. The "Flowers of Fairhope" and one-of-a-kind art galleries are on display year-round. In addition, downtown Fairhope boasts many antique shops, memorable restaurants and unique retailers. It's also the site of many unique festivals and parades throughout the year, including Mardi Gras and Arts and Crafts Festival.Whether you're headed to Fairhope or Point Clear, AL, our hotel's amenities meet your needs. Our free Wi-Fi access keeps you connected to friends and colleagues. We also have a complimentary, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar that is sure to satisfy. Our 24-hour Fitness Center and outdoor pool add even more convenience to your vacation in Fairhope, AL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Fairhope reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Fairhope Hotel Fairhope
- Holiday Inn Fairhope
- Holiday Inn Express Fairhope Alabama