“First choice next time!”

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

We actually wanted to stay somewhere else but the were booked. This is a GREAT hotel, it has everything - pool, bball court, jacuzi, outdoor gas fireplace seating area. Great breakfast. Very good value. Next trip, this will be our first choice.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank TravelGal09Madison

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here with my family for a high school fishing tournament. The hotel was clean and service was great! Had a tiny mix-up with my reservation as we had booked with points but a manager quickly resolved that issue. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite and everything was perfect. The layout of the suite was perfect and having a full kitchen was a bonus. I was surprised by the full breakfast as there was something for everyone on the breakfast bar.

The only disappointment was that the hot tub was out of order during our stay. The hotel was in a quiet part of town but still close to shopping and restaurants. If we return to Florence, we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed two days and enjoyed our stay. The staff was more than accommodating, and the room was more than we thought it would be, in a great way, very spacious. The hot breakfast was nice and there was something there for anybody. This is the 2nd best Hotel to stay in Florence. The best being the Marriott Shoals Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We have had to viist Florence every few weeks or so in the last year, and stayed here upon a relatives' recommendation. We love it! It is different from a lot of Suite-style hotels in the layout of the suite components -- which makes it more workable to live in and more comfortable. The entire suite, having two big windows is bright and light and and sunny. The complete kitchen is simply a blessing! Housekeeping is superb, and the rooms are immaculate. Staff is warm and friendly and helpful. We always get the Studio room and get it on the back on of the property.

Our only complaint is the free breakfast. We have stayed at a lot of Marriott properties, and we know that Marriott can do better. We would be willing to PAY for a breakfast (as at Marriott Courtyard) if it is hot and cooked to order. Frankly, you cannot make scrambled eggs at 6 AM and still serve them at 9 AM, can you? Food is greasy and not very tasty, but I know that Marriott can fix that. In the future we will simply cook our own breakfast in the great little suite kitchen!

Also, twice the Business Center has been down when I needed the printer -- but this is minor.

We intend to continue staying with the Residence Inn here. You can't beat it for comfort and a pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back -- the view is of fields and woods and is QUIET, though rooms at the front...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LPLS
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I do quite a bit of traveling and tend to try to stay in places with two-room suites so that I can get a good night's sleep separate from my child so I selected Residence Inn for that reason. I also like a hot breakfast and they did not disappoint on either counts.
The hotel is new and the one bedroom suite was very spacious, full stainless steel kitchen (stove, micro, toaster, plates, silverware, cutting board, dishwasher, tupperware-well stocked!), two flat screen tv's (one in each room) and sizable area between the two with a big sink area and room to change or get ready etc..
The bed was super comfy, the place was quiet and the quality of furnishings was high. I slept very well, with the exception of Thursday night when the dumpster down below (i was up 4 floors, top floor) was emptied at 3 or 4 am. That was strange, but the rest of the experience was top notch.
I like a solid breakfast. They had tons of variety and it changed slightly each day as far as sausage vs bacon one day, home fries vs has browns etc..but always a meat, scrambled eggs and some kind of potatoes. Also, waffle maker, yogurt, pastries, breads, oatmeal (toppings for both oatmeal and yogurt) and juices/coffee/tea. It was just what I need in the morning. Certain nights of the week that have big, quality snacks downstairs (not talking about stale popcorn and pretzels-subtantial snacks) but we were too busy to experience them.
The staff were very friendly and gracious, no argument there. One day my room wasn't cleaned, despite being given a letter that stated if I took off my 'no thanks' room cleaning door tag by noon that it would be cleaned (we left at 1030 so plenty of time in my book) and when we got back we needed the room for my child to nap so I couldn't have had it cleaned that day-minor inconvenience, but next time I'll tell the front desk I am leaving and want the room cleaned.
I didn't check out the fitness room but they had a large outdoor pool and basketball court (half court) that was pretty cool. Also nice quality lounge chairs and a fire pit with chairs outdoors. And free, hassle-free wifi. I can't tell you how annoying it is when you go to a hotel and have to call up for the code to use the internet, it changes daily etc..this was fast and easy!
Incredible hotel, I will definitely stay there again. It is worth the extra 25-40 dollars in my book to stay here over another place. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My wife and I booked this hotel to come and visit family, what a wonderful place it turned out to be. The staff was more than accomadating, and the room was more then we thought it would be, in a great way, very spacious. The hot breakfast was nice and there was something there for anybody. We were told that they had a grill on site so I decided to cook my wife a "romantic" meal while we were there, it went great!!!! The only "bad" thing about the grill area is that was used very much and about starved us to death.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Loved our stay at the new Residence Inn in Florence. We used points for our stay and really liked the hotel. We usually try to stay at Marriott Residence Inn or new Courtyard by Marriott. I like to see in the trip advisor reviews if a hotel is new or not and I'll book accordingly. This is new within the last year and is very nice. Good breakfast and typical Residence Inn decor. Recommend this to "picky" travelers.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple