“Nice layout and amenities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Florence

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Florence
Houston, TX
“Nice layout and amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

We arrived in time for happy hour and the selection of food was great. The free wine and beer added to the experience. The hotel was comfortable with an outdoor fire pit for those wishing to sit outside. Breakfast was well done and the service was on top of keeping a fresh supply of breakfast items.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Residence Inn hotels are one of my favorite Marriott properties. They are so well laid out and have all the right amenities for a great price. The rooms have kitchenettes that are more than big enough. They also have large sitting areas and a very comfortable bed. This hotel has a great staff and is well maintained and clean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Free beer and wine!!! Second time I stayed and came on a Tuesday and they had happy hour set out with complimentary snacks and beverages. Really cool vibe at hotel with great staff. Rooms are HUGE with dishes and full fridge etc. It's a WHOLE lot more than you get at other hotels for a reasonable price. It's really clean, I guess from being so new. I really dig the place and can't wait till my next visit! PS- they have the good ice cream in the market, Ben and Jerrys!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back, lots of pretty landscape to look at in the huge field back there. V...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We wanted to stay at the Marriot Shoals but it was booked on short notice. The Residence Inn was our second choice. I had never stayed in a Residence Inn but online reviews were good so we called ahead and preregistered about 10 miles out of town. Front desk staff were efficient and friendly. I don't know what I expected but it was well laid out and spotlessly clean. Overnight we were awakened by the fire department noisily coming down the hall and a party being held around 3 am in the parking lot below our window. Since I did not call the desk to report the parking lot party, I can't fault management for that. Of course, if there was a fire the fire department would need to make as much noise as possible. In this case it may have been someone smoking in a room. We heard someone say "there is the law". The hotel advertises a complimentary "full American breakfast". To me "full American breakfast" includes bacon. No bacon, but otherwise everything was excellent from presentation to taste. Overall, I would recommend the Residence Inn but I would ask if they were hosting a large family reunion (matching t shirts) before I booked. Final bill was $126.54 for one night, two people. For our purposes just overnight we did not need the kitchen area but I would have appreciated it on a longer stay. Nice friendly, staff.

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the top floor to avoid noise from the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

During a recent stay at this Residence Inn, I asked for and received a late checkout. The front desk person did not inform me that I would be charged for an additional night's stay.

Marriott customer service did not respond to my request to have the charge removed until a second contact was made about ten days later. Their response was that the inn manager thought that a 50 percent refund was merited because they could not rent out the suite that night.

I have notified Marriott Customer service that only a 100 percent refund is satisfactory due to me not being notified at the time of the late checkout request.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to reduce noise levels.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank wmleken
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We loved this hotel! It's better than what we expected to find in small-town Alabama. Our stay here was sandwiched between staying at two other hotels, so we were able to immediately compare it. The hotel is fresh and modern. It didn't seem too busy when we stayed in the middle of July. The staff was nice and down-to-earth. The king suite was so nice, well appointed, with new furnishings, and a wonderful kitchen area. The bed was comfortable and the hallways were quiet. We really loved that the bathroom sink and mirror were not in the room with the bath/toilet area OR the master bedroom. The free breakfast was great with cereals, yogurts, fresh eggs, breakfast potatoes, biscuits, juices, fruit, etc. The pool was on the small side, but there was also a nice basketball court to use. The mall and restaurants are just a few minutes away.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Without a doubt, I can understand why this hotel is considered the best in Florence. We usually stay at a Residence Inn when traveling, and this is one of the nicest ones that we have visited. It is in a suburban location just off a busy street, but it's actually pretty quiet. Consequently, there are a number of plazas and fast food restaurants nearby, but not too many within walking distance. The hotel staff was kind and courteous, the internet connection was good, and the room were clean. There are stairs to the upper levels, if you're like me and can't stand elevators. While we were at the hotel, there was a little league baseball group staying there as well, and not surprisingly, tons of kids were running around. But believe it or not, you couldn't really hear them from the rooms. Therefore, I would recommend this hotel if you're traveling to Florence.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business