“Great Property”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Florence
Alabama
“Great Property”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have stayed here since it opened and each visit has been a good experience. On check in the front desk person greeted me in a very genuine and friendly manner. The room was very clean and on the side away from the highway so no problem with traffic noise. This is a quite new property and is very well maintained. Breakfast was good and location of hotel is good. I like the chaise in the living room, very comfortable, nice to be able to stretch out and relax. I did experience some noise from above but it didn't last too long.

Room Tip: room away from highway
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for your positive comment! I am thrilled you have been with us since we opened in 2010! Return guests like yourself are a great testament to what our team strives to achieve each day, we want everyone to enjoy their stay and come back to see us! I understand quiet peace and rest are a necessity, and I apologize for the noise above, thankful it did not last too long. If you are a Marriott Rewards member, please take a moment to fill out the High Floor preference and we will do our best to accommodate your request prior to your arrival. Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Upon arriving with my family, I walked through the rooms. When I got to the bathroom I noticed a wad of long hairs on one of the towels below the sink. I then went into the bathroom and saw a lot of shorter hairs on the floor there. To say I was surprised would be an understatement.

After getting settled in I called downstairs to request a roll away bed. After about an hour I went downstairs to ask for extra towels and washcloths because there were 4 of us in the room. The girl at the desk asked if I was the lady who requested the bed. I told her I was, and she said it must be checked out. I asked if they only had one roll away available for the entire hotel. She said she could call management to see if she knew where it might be since she didn't have it on a list as being checked. I said sure and stood there while she called. She was able to track one down after a little while, but if I had not stood there while she called I doubt we would have been given one.

I have spent many nights at Marriot hotels and they are usually clean and the staff well trained. I can't say this is the case here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheLastPicasso
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
I was heartbroken as I read your email and literally am at loss for words. My apologies could never be offered enough to make up for an inexcusable experience. I only can assure you that is not the norm at this hotel. Since there is no excuse for what happened, the only option is to make sure it NEVER happens again. We have initiated a complete retraining program with all of our Room Attendants, even the ones that have been with us since opening.
As far as the rollaway, we do have a limited amount on property; however, if one was available it should have been brought to your room in a timely manner, within an hour, depending on staffing. The front desk associate should have let you know the approximate time it would take.
Again I apologize for your experience and assure you it is not the norm. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your incide
Sarasota
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We recently stayed in this hotel for the D-II National Championship Football Game. This hotel was absolutely perfect for our needs. It was spotless. Very inviting. The Staff was top-notch and very friendly. There were directions to the stadium already printed and ready to hand to any guest needing assistance. They gave us ice for our cooler. The hotel was obviously full due to so many people being in town and they were prepared. They even had the breakfast in the morning with every single item and never ran out of anything. I am not usually this impressed with hotels but this one is worth every penny. Although they have moved the National Championship to Kansas City next year, if I am ever back in the area, I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steve H
For the past 28 years Florence has been excited and looked forward to the D-II National Championship Football Game each year! We were proud and honored to host it in our beautiful City. We are glad you had a wonderful experience at our hotel and hope that everyone who came for the game felt the same way about Florence, AL! Thank you and maybe we will see you in Kansas City next year!
New York
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have stayed here a few times and the results are always the same. The rooms are great and roomy. The staff if helpful and friendly. The Internet is horrible. I was so disappointed that I checked out after one day. The hotel management really must get rid of their Internet provider. It is not only slow, but impossible to do work and the customer support staff say the same thing: "it works find if you only have one browser tab open." The problem is my business relies on me doing multiple things at the same time and the provider blocks this. Thus, I could not do web work while using Skype. I checked out and into another local hotel and the Internet was 20 times the speed. There is no excuse for poor Internet in Florence. The reason is 100 percent on the provider and the only way to fix this is to move to a new Internet company. The management should do this and do it fast!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MidTMike
Correct! There is no excuse for poor Internet, especially when the rooms are so well designed for business productivity. I read your post about a month ago and apologize for not responding, but it really captured my attention. You could not have been more correct and I had to ask myself, how do I fix this? I went on a mission to have the issue resolved by the beginning of the year and I am proud to say, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, we now have a brand new exceptional internet provider! Thank you to your post and for lighting the fire. We hope you will visit us again soon and let us know what you think of the new internet!
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 8 September 2013

For the Business Traveler who enjoys having a little extra room to stretch out and relax, without paying a fortune for a night's stay, this is your place. The room's have full size refrigerators, stove top, microwave, dishwasher, sofa. kitchen table, etc. Pretty much like an apartment. This will be my choice when I am back in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for posting your positive review! Many travelers are unaware that Residence Inn’s are designed with your comfort in mind and really are similar to mini-corporate apartments, but of course better, because there is no need to make your own bed, we will do it for you! We look forward to seeing you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We get to Florence, AL once or twice a year to check on things back home. This is a very nice and very well maintained Residence Inn property. It has a very unique design on the outside that I have not seen at other RI properties. The rooms have the same RI theme found elsewhere.

Very comfortable, clean and very clean smelling! Fantastic AC systems that quickly cool off the room...a must in this area due to the heat and humidity!

We ususally bring our 2 dogs with us, and they are always welcome at RI (with a small fee of course). The staff is always very polite and accomodating as well. Always makes us feel welcome.

We were here over this weekend using Marriott Points (extreemly frequent Marriott traveler here), and were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite that is larger that my very first apartment! 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 TV's...very nice and spacious!

If you are in the area, and looking for a property like RI, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Fantastic post, thank you for hitting the highlights! We love pets and do accept them with open arms! Yes, great air conditioners are a MUST in the South! We love our unique outside design, We were one of three Residence Inn hotels in the Country to test the design back in 2010 when we opened! Hope to see you back soon.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this property for five nights during our son's baseball tournament. There were several teams staying on the property which I'm sure was a challenge for the staff but they handled the groups like champs! I was very impressed by the level of service at this RI. With a hotel full of young, wild boys, not all who were managed well by their parents, the staff remained gracious and accommodating.

The room was typical for RI. Very comfortable and spacious. I also appreciated the large laundry room with several washers and dryers.

Unlike a couple of other reviewers, we found the breakfast to be really good. They offered a nice variety to meet anyone's taste and there was always plenty of food no matter what time we arrived for breakfast. I travel a lot on business staying at various Marriott properties usually and this breakfast service ranks near the top of my experiences.

My only complaint would be the cleanliness of the pool and hot
tub. Both were green and slimy on our last couple of days.

Overall, this is a nice property with an excellent staff.

• Stayed July 2013
We honored to have such great young baseball champions stay with us! We hoped to treat them like they were already in the Major leagues! We have four washers and seven dryers in our guest facilities and it certainly comes in handy when all those uniforms need washed and ready for the next game! Thank you for the nice comments about our breakfast! The breakfast staff worked extra hard to make sure we accommodated all our hungry guest each morning. I am more than apologetic about the worst possible scheduled timing for our pool to be converted to salt water! We had already begun the process before we knew we were going to be able to host the teams, we tried to stall the process but it ended in a yucky, cloudy pool. Good news is there will now be a crystal clear salt water pool waiting for you when you return!