“Changed my mind about staying at a Residence Inn!”

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 8 April 2014

What a great place! I was reluctant to stay at this type of property because I thought only long term residents stayed there. We decided to try it and I am so glad I did! Marlie checked us in and made us feel right at home! Our room was big and super clean. We had everything we needed and more. Breakfast was free and great!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fairytoes
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

It’s always a favorite of mine to hear the reaction of a guest who hasn’t stayed in a Residence Inn in a while or someone who was not familiar with one. I love to see the WOW on their face. The saying is true; sometimes you just gotta see the place! Gald you had a wonderful stay and hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Florence

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. The evening and morning meals were good with great customer service. The only downside was the pool and hot tub were out of order. Nice facilities and great people. Great food was served.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Great customer service is just the beginning! Breakfast is the best at the Residence Inn and our evening socials are so convenient to come back to after a long day. I hope you will return again to utilize the pool and hot tub. I’m sorry that it was not available for use during your stay. Both are working great and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I enjoy staying at Residence Inn hotels for extended business travel because the kitchen in each room allows me to cook my own food instead of needing to always eat out. This Residence Inn was clean, well-maintained, and staffed by friendly and helpful people. There is not much else I need from a hotel for business travel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the positive comment! With today’s busy schedule it is more important than ever to fuel our bodies. Our fully equipped kitchen and full size refrigerator and freezer allows you to have and make smarter choices and options at mealtime instead of needing to rely on fast food while away from home. The best part is having all the dishes, pots, and pans already available in your room and we will even do the dishes for you!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband is working in the area for the past 7 months and I have had the opportunity to join him for a significant amount of that time. I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms are spacious, well equipped and clean. Housekeeping services are very good. The hospitality of each and every staff member is outstanding. I can't say enough. "Your wish is their command!" The facility is located in a convenient area for shopping, sightseeing and business travel. The food is very, very good and plentiful. Thank you for making this a home away from our home!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your enthusiastic and positive comment! We see a lot of guest bring spouses and it’s like a mini getaway vacation for them! Glad you enjoyed our rooms, food, staff and area shopping! We hope you will visit your home away from home again soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have stayed here since it opened and each visit has been a good experience. On check in the front desk person greeted me in a very genuine and friendly manner. The room was very clean and on the side away from the highway so no problem with traffic noise. This is a quite new property and is very well maintained. Breakfast was good and location of hotel is good. I like the chaise in the living room, very comfortable, nice to be able to stretch out and relax. I did experience some noise from above but it didn't last too long.

Room Tip: room away from highway
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your positive comment! I am thrilled you have been with us since we opened in 2010! Return guests like yourself are a great testament to what our team strives to achieve each day, we want everyone to enjoy their stay and come back to see us! I understand quiet peace and rest are a necessity, and I apologize for the noise above, thankful it did not last too long. If you are a Marriott Rewards member, please take a moment to fill out the High Floor preference and we will do our best to accommodate your request prior to your arrival. Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Upon arriving with my family, I walked through the rooms. When I got to the bathroom I noticed a wad of long hairs on one of the towels below the sink. I then went into the bathroom and saw a lot of shorter hairs on the floor there. To say I was surprised would be an understatement.

After getting settled in I called downstairs to request a roll away bed. After about an hour I went downstairs to ask for extra towels and washcloths because there were 4 of us in the room. The girl at the desk asked if I was the lady who requested the bed. I told her I was, and she said it must be checked out. I asked if they only had one roll away available for the entire hotel. She said she could call management to see if she knew where it might be since she didn't have it on a list as being checked. I said sure and stood there while she called. She was able to track one down after a little while, but if I had not stood there while she called I doubt we would have been given one.

I have spent many nights at Marriot hotels and they are usually clean and the staff well trained. I can't say this is the case here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TheLastPicasso
Emily H, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

I was heartbroken as I read your email and literally am at loss for words. My apologies could never be offered enough to make up for an inexcusable experience. I only can assure you that is not the norm at this hotel. Since there is no excuse for what happened, the only option is to make sure it NEVER happens again. We have initiated a complete retraining program with all of our Room Attendants, even the ones that have been with us since opening.
As far as the rollaway, we do have a limited amount on property; however, if one was available it should have been brought to your room in a timely manner, within an hour, depending on staffing. The front desk associate should have let you know the approximate time it would take.
Again I apologize for your experience and assure you it is not the norm. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your incide

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We recently stayed in this hotel for the D-II National Championship Football Game. This hotel was absolutely perfect for our needs. It was spotless. Very inviting. The Staff was top-notch and very friendly. There were directions to the stadium already printed and ready to hand to any guest needing assistance. They gave us ice for our cooler. The hotel was obviously full due to so many people being in town and they were prepared. They even had the breakfast in the morning with every single item and never ran out of anything. I am not usually this impressed with hotels but this one is worth every penny. Although they have moved the National Championship to Kansas City next year, if I am ever back in the area, I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steve H

For the past 28 years Florence has been excited and looked forward to the D-II National Championship Football Game each year! We were proud and honored to host it in our beautiful City. We are glad you had a wonderful experience at our hotel and hope that everyone who came for the game felt the same way about Florence, AL! Thank you and maybe we will see you in Kansas City next year!