“Kind of an addition to Ricatoni's”
Review of City Hardware

City Hardware
Ranked #3 of 167 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: next door to Rigatonies
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Good food, great atmosphere, friendly staff and owner. They accommodate small to large groups. The service is prompt and friendly, even though the servers have to carry the food up some pretty steep steps. The only suggestion I'd make is an elevator!

1  Thank Mary P

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

A Sunday night date with my husband took us to City Hardware. Such a great choice! If you enjoy scotch, don't miss the Rusty Nail! We enjoyed the bread with garlic butter while we perused the menu. I chose the grilled pork chops. Delicious! Especially the brussel sprouts! Although the caramelized onion mashed potatoes are a perfect complement!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Good beer selection, very good for steak, seafood and burgers. Reasonably priced and relaxed bar atmosphere. Friendly, attentive staff.

1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We got into town on a Saturday, ready for a late lunch. Our hotel recommended a few options, one of which was City Hardware. When we arrived, most of the tables were wrapping up lunch, but this did not affect our service at all. We were seated upstairs near the bar, and Lauren was our server. She took great care of us. My husband raved about his salmon, and my shrimp and grits were delicious as well. Since we had such a tasty lunch, we decided to return to City Hardware that evening to watch football at the bar. For dinner, we started with spinach and artichoke dip. The dip was average, but the flatbread chips are wonderful. Then I had the red, white, and blue salad, which was one of the better salads I've ever had. Everything was so fresh and the dressing is unbelievably tasty. My husband had sushi and enjoyed it, too. We finished off with a shared dessert of the cast-iron chocolate chip cookie. It's such a simple dish, but so, so yummy. It does not disappoint. We enjoyed talking to our bartender throughout the night, too. The staff here is really top-notch.

I would absolutely recommend City Hardware for the fantastic food and friendly service. We will definitely visit when we are in the Florence area again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

....went for the grouper Ruben that was on website menu. Taken the menu off just last week. : ( .

Had the pork chop entree and shared a wedge salad with the Mr. He had the house burger. Both meals A1. Locally sourced food. Wish we would have had room for yummy sounding desserts.

Charming engaging waiter.