I had no idea what to expect in respect to hotels in the Florence area. We were there for a funeral in nearby Killen. I was pleasantly surprised with the Marriott Shoals. It had a lovely pool and a lively restaurant/bar (Swampy's). Also a nice workout room with indoor pool. They advertised their spa although I did not have the opportunity to visit it. The room was clean and had a view of the river. The price was reasonable. My husband visited the elevated 360 degree view rotating restaurant and the food was average and pricey. No advantage to going after dark but the service was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sophistication and charm of this unique Florence hotel will be matched only by the natural beauty of its resort-style setting: * Located in the state’s northwest corner in Florence, Alabama * Nestled along the award-winning Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail * Set in the heart of the Tennessee River Valley, one hour from Huntsville * Less than two hours from Birmingham, Nashville, and Memphis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Agoda, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Shoals Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Shoals Hotel Florence
- Marriott Florence
- Florence Marriott