“DON'T STAY HERE! THEY DOUBLE CHARGE YOU!”

Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I reserved the room, stayed 3 nights, was double charged and given the run around by the GM when I checked my checking account finding out I was charged INSUF Fees due to Hampton's error. NEVER will I ever stay at this location again. The tv remote didn't work, the breakfast was not good, the maid service did not restock the inroom coffee. HORRIBLE at best!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Deborah T
Drew R, Manager at Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

Drew Richards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I come to Florence fairly often and stayed here many times before the Downtown Hampton was built but had not stayed here for a while. It was clean and well kept. The lovely bedding was great as always at Hampton Inns. The breakfast was good, my housekeeper, Siegre, was lovely and very helpful. My only complaint was the uncomfortable seating. I stay in a King Study because I like comfortable seating. The sofa was one of the most uncomfortable seats I have ever seen. I could not figure out what was wrong with it, when I sat back on it, my feet would not touch the floor and and I am 5'6. The desk chair also had a problem. This is the only reason, I did not give it a 5 star. The Downtown location is nicer and a little more pricey.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Drew R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate all feedback, good and not so good. Overall it seemed that your stay was pleasant from your breakfast experience to your staff interactions, thank you for mentioning Seigrid, she is a great member of our staff. With regards to your seating experiences in the guest room, I would like to apologize for the lack of comfort on both the sofa and desk chair. We will certainly look into what could have caused the the lack of comfort. I do hope that you will give us another try when your in the Florence area again, we would love to have you back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel décor is very nice and upbeat. Service and staff are fantastic. Rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are to die for. The mattresses are very firm and they sleep very comfortably. Internet is fast and reliable. We enjoyed our stay very much and we will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy that overall you were very pleased with your stay at our hotel and that you got a great nights sleep. We're looking forward welcoming you back for your next visit to the Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay a great deal. I was very impressed with the hotel staff as well as the breakfast staff. The front desk attendant, Russ, was very helpful upon check in. Further the breakfast attendant, Latasha, was one of the most friendly people I have ever met. Overall the staff did a great job and deserve to be congratulated for a job well done!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Drew R, Manager at Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you so much for recognizing the Hampton Inn Florence Midtown! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to the Hampton Inn Florence Midtown for another great stay!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed at this location several times. The location is great with numerous restaurants. The room was spotless and spacious. Breakfast was better than some hotels in the same price range and not as good as others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feed back regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown. I am thrilled that you found our hotel to be of a great value and that you found your room to be spotless and spacious. We look forward to welcoming back to the Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown the next time you're in the Florence area.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel appeared to have been recently renovated. It was clean, the internet and TV worked great, and the bed was comfortable. It was quiet, and we slept well. The breakfast was better than many hotels that I have stayed at in the past too. It had everything that I needed and expected for a great rate.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thomas S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for mentioning the hotels appearance, our hotel has recently gone through a multi-million dollar renovation. I am thrilled that you slept well and enjoyed the value that you received during your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Florence Midtown for another visit.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My second stay was as good as if not better than my first stay. The hotel staff is very friendly and professiona., clean rooms with great amenities. Close proximity to shopping, restuarants and water activities.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing us for a second stay and for giving the positive review on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you enjoyed your first stay so much you chose us again, our staff try to make every guest experience a pleasant one. Thank you also for mentioning the activities located nearby, I do hope you were able to take advantage of plenty of them. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Florence Midtown for your third visit.