“Outstanding Kayaking Trip!”

BeachnRiver Canoe and Kayak Rentals
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Foley
More attraction details
Owner description: A float from BeachnRiver Kayak Rentals begins at river's end of the Bon Secour River --- a river rich with history, intrigue and plenty of photo opportunities.
Fullerton, California
“Outstanding Kayaking Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

My son was registering at the University of Alabama in May, and as we're from Southern California, we wanted to see some of Alabama while we were there. We've kayaked the Newport back bay at home in Orange County and wanted to do something like that but more. That's why I chose BeachnRiver, because it let us get a taste of both the inland rivers and the bay, and the rate for a 4 hr. float is very reasonable. It was outstanding! The highlight of our trip. We scheduled a 2 pm float, and although it's off the beaten path, it was easy to find. Owners Jerry and Shelly shared their real Southern Hospitality and made us feel like family. Launching out and paddling in the river was easy. The river scenery was beautiful. You float through lush woods and see gorgeous riverfront homes. Towards the mouth of the Bon Secour river, we talked with a couple pulling up a cage of crabs on their dock--amazing! We saw all kinds of birds: herons, pelicans, ducks, and in the river, lots of turtles. We made it down to where the shrimp boats dock, which I found out is the back of Billy's Seafood. An amazing sight; the beach is covered with oystershells. We probably could have made it to the mouth of the bay, but a storm was coming, so we went back. All in all a great trip!

“My husband and I had a great kayaking...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I had a great kayaking experience! The scenery was beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I can't wait to go back on our next trip to the beach!

Roanoke, AL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get Out in the Wild at Gulf Shores!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

What an awesome trip! We went on the last full day of our vacation. It was the best part of the trip. The owners were VERY welcoming and helpful. The river is great - journey from a small, cold spring fed creek surrounded by woods to a wide, warm, dock-lined estuary and back. Great coastal experience!! The two best parts were the rope swing at the start of the river and returning to BeachnRiver to get Lenny's subs they ordered for us to have a picnic on the river. Lots of fun!! And located only 5 minutes from Tanger outlets right off of 59. A must do on the coast! This is a nice change of pace for a beach trip.

1 Thank BonSecourHooked
fayetteville
“A MUST for your beach vacation!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2010

Great thing to do for a change from going to the beach every day. You get to see a completely different side of gulf shores. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful. We started to get bored laying on the beach every day, and this was a great way to change things up and still spend time outdoors. Make sure you go the "Huck Finn" route as well as to the "Big Water", as the owners called it. It was beautiful and relaxing. You go out for 4 hours and its reasonably priced....not bad for a way to spend the day!

Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great back to nature adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

Recently I was vacationing in Gulf Shores, Alabama with my cousin from
California. On our last day, we decided to take the BeachnRiver kayak trip on the beautiful and peaceful Bon Secur river. The put in site is at the home on owners, Jerry and Shelly. They were both so friendly and informative as we prepared for our afternoon on the river. I have always been a lover of canoeing and had only kayaked twice, both times in a two-person kayak. This company uses single-person kayaks and that is really the only way to go.
Kayaking is so much easier than using a canoe and the total control you have going it alone is awesome. I loved floating along seeing all the beautiful flowering shrubs in bloom. We only encountered a couple of other boaters that day, so it was quiet. It was a thrill to watch a Comoran doing his fishing and we also saw Osprey fishing. I would certainly recommend
kayaking to anyone who has a sense of adventure and even older folks can easily do this. I found the kayak to be very comfortable too, the way your body is positioned, you lean back on a back rest and just float away. It takes very little effort to guide the kayak.
Give it a try. There is so much more to do in the Foley-Gulf Shores area than going to the beach!