“Great gyro in Foley”

Ranked #52 of 123 Restaurants in Foley
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek, Turkish
Reviewed 1 March 2014

First time here. My wife and i stopped by for lunch. Good gyro and fries. Good baclava. Quick pleasant service.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Needed to stop for some quick lunch and happened upon this place. I love gyros so I thought I would give it a try. Left my girlfriends in the vehicle because they thought I was nuts going in there. I got them to open there minds...they ended up ordering after seeing and tasting my gyro. I got a Hummus Gyro with cucumber sauce and a greek side salad. YUMMY..also tried some spinach pie..delish!! I would def eat there again..very friendly and nice folks..really clean.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

You wouldn't think Foley would be home to one of the more homely and tasty gyro shops around, but here it is... John's. They have a decent gyro that more than satisfies a craving (especially when you don't want to drive on to Mobile for something better) and a good Greek style salad.

It's a really humble little hole in the wall and all the better for it.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I had the gyro with cucumber sauce and it was absolutely fabulous! I watched them slice my meat fresh off of the grilling machine and put my gyro together. The food was great, fresh, hot and just wonderful! Freshly grilled meat and the cucumber sauce is really good too. I loved it!

Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

I'm a closet gyro fan and this place satisfies my craving. The people and service are nice and take pride in their product. The gyro is as good as any big-city gyro I've eaten. The yogurt sauce could be slightly more seasoned and/or vegetable rich. This is a very good place.