“The best restaurant on the Alabama Coast! ”
Review of Gelato Joes

Gelato Joes
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Foley
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Here's their phone number 251-971-5637 and link to other info - they don't seem to have their own webpage www.gulf-shores-travel-guide.com/gelato-joes.html
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Authentic, everything homemade! You will not be disappointed. My personal favorite is the Turkey Spinach Panini with Greek Salad! Did I mention I love this place?!

1  Thank tonysY9554NI

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

This hidden gem is only one block off the main hwy in Foley. There's a fun/funky bar outside that seemed like it would be fun at night but we were there early afternoon so didn't partake. Inside they have tons of options! The menu was a bit confusing but we were able to navigate it with the help I our waitress. Everything seemed to be already made and housed in the glass deli displays. I was a bit skeptical at first sight. We had the strawberry salad, greek salad, muffuletta and a stromboli... Everything was super tasty! For dessert we had samplings if homemade gelato - butterfinger was my favorite! Next time I will make a special trip just to try the delicious looking cheesecake!

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The food rated a 5 but I was disappointed an Italian restaurant that ran out of Alfredo sauce. Don't get me wrong all the food we ate was GREAT and I recommend that you eat here. I went here based on other reviews and was well worth it. We are traveling and always looking for good places to eat and this is one we will be back to.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a surprisingly good little Italian restaurant right in Foley. The Stromboli, eggplant Parmesan, and spaghetti is delicious. They have beautiful salads and desserts and lots of gelatos and Italian ices. Everything is handmade and wonderful. The people who run it are very gracious. It kinda looks like a dive from the outside but give it a chance. You'll love it.

1  Thank Cehenrichs
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were given this places name as a tip when I asked a local about a good place to eat that wasnt a franchise etc... Real mom and pop stuff...

And we went to Gelato Joes.. HOLY CRAP.

The place is amazing. The food is fabulous. The people that work there are very cool.

and I ate the BEST slice of Coconut Cake I have EVER EVER EVER Eaten..

I have had a lot of coconut cake... OMG this was just amazing.

When I am near the place again I WILL be there to dine.

Do yourself a favor and go!

2  Thank FretboardWizard

Been to Gelato Joes? Share your experiences!