“Roger L. Dougherty at Key West Inn”
Review of Super 8 Foley

Super 8 Foley
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We come over here from Panama City Beach, FL several times a year. Key West Inn is the best value for your dollar we have found in the area. The staff is friendly and very helpful and as of yet we haven't found any negatives here. A great place to be in Foley, AL.

Roger L. Dougherty

Room Tip: Close to everything.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rd1realty

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I read the reviews and hate to say it but there seems to be those out there that scare people like me off from staying at a place that I actually can afford because they expect the ritz for this better price. I was scared!!!!after I read the reviews and arrived to find a very friendly staff. I was so afraid that I had my husband look inside before so that he could prepare me. I was so afraid that I already was planning a quick swim at the beach w/a late night drive home without staying and just forfeiting the payment. Wow. I slept better there than I had in weeks, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean. I got internet access with as much as I would had at McDonald and it was free & I got what I needed done. The fridge was great. Again, the staff tried hard to make us comfortable and they did. There is a sign in their lobby that when I think about it now I realize how true it is. They warn you that the time to complain is while you are there so that they can do something about your discomfort instead of waiting until you are gone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bobbie M
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The bed was great, carpet was very dirty, the entire room needed updated, this place either needs complete overhaul or tear it down, Internet did not work,staff was friendly, it does have swimming pool, room has ice box,

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grtkaren
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This hotel was the only one with availabilities for the one night we stayed here. The ceilings were stained and sagging from leaks, the carpet was NASTY (suspicious looking spots) and the room was very tiny. So was the bathroom. The worst part of all was the bed. Hands down the HARDEST bed I have ever slept (ha! I didn't sleep much at all) in. Creepy, flea bag hotel. If I had had a choice I would not have stayed here, and I never will again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Trip Advisor makes you pick at least a one or I would give this place a zero...it was that bad. Where to begin?
(1) For starters they advertised Free Internet yet when it popped in and out every two minutes and I complained, their excuse was they had an old router...for the whole five days I stayed there. No working vacation possible.
(2) When I crawled in the shower the first night, I noticed pure black filth coming off of the bottom of my feet. The carpet was literally filty and each time I showered, the stuff came off of my feet. I think it was black mold. I took to wearing shoes in the room.
(3) The continental breakfast was adequate, but guess what, no tables in the preparation area. You literally had to take your food back to your room and eat on your bed.
(4) Didn't change the sheets daily or empty trash. We had the same sheets all five days.
(5) They use the budget DirectTV plan so you strangely cannot receive CBS OR ESPN. Not all that bad except the SEC is usually on CBS and if not, it is on ESPN, but on that Saturday...IN ALABAMA...ARKANSAS VS ALABAMA COULD NOT BE VIEWED!! UNBELIEVABLE!
It was not all that expensive but their claimed "Internet Special" pricing is way over the top. It did seem to be the least expensive place in the area but it really didn't need to be so ... well, cheap. As I found, you truly do get what you pay for.

Room Tip: The only positive thing I can say is that they did have 2 queen beds in most rooms (except handicapp...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I got two rooms from this hotel for was in Foley with two couples and their kids so I got them there Own room. Rooms were not bad just Average clean and what one would expect from a Key West type hotel. Would stay again if price was right.

Room Tip: down stairs room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank abryl_12
Reviewed 2 August 2012

First off, if you need two signs by the door reminding you to bolt or chain you door for security, its probably not the best place to stay. Left a work trip to meet everyone at the beach and needed somewhere to crash for the night. Being that everyroom within 5 miles of Gulf Shores was overrun by baseball and softball teams, i was left with this gem. First off Lets talk about smell. I dont mind the standard twang in the air of a typical inexpensive hotel room, but this place smelled like a bad retirement community, and I love old people! The towels smelled so bad I had to put my swim suit on and sit by the pool. All around bad.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo