“Great food, great value”

Wolf Bay Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 135 Restaurants in Foley
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Wolf Bay Restaurant, Bar, & Catering is a family-owned Baldwin County tradition known for its high quality fresh seafood & local ambience. Its rich history began as a bait shop nestled in the trees along the beautiful waters of Wolf Bay in Elberta, Alabama in the 1940’s. Charlie & Sandra Wrape purchased it in 1973. Through their hard work & determination, they began serving a full menu of delicious seafood recipes – many of which were created by ladies that worked there or lived nearby. Although the restaurant was “off the beaten path,” it soon became a favorite among the locals & area visitors alike. In 2008 the original lodge was completely destroyed by fire. It has since been rebuilt in two locations – Orange Beach & Foley, Alabama – where it continues to be family owned & operated by Charlie & Sandra’s daughter, Charlene Haber. Wolf Bay is known for being a local seafood tradition, and prides itself in serving high quality, fresh meals in a family-friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was absolutely delicious! Portions were large. This restaurant offers excellent value for the money paid. The waitstaff was polite, helpful, and attentive. The menu has a broad variety of choices. The restaurant is clean, attractive, and family friendly. Other than a meal in a private home, our supper at Wolf Bay was easily the best meal we had on a seven-day vacation. We look forward to eating at Wolf Bay again.

1  Thank DrCarraway

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wolf Bay Lodge has the best fried shrimp. The service was great. The atmosphere is laid back. A can’t go wrong restaurant.

1  Thank Beemergirl123
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found Wolf Bay Lodge last year and it was great experience so we came back again this year. When we arrived, we were greeted with a smile. Our waitress was excellent and knowledgeable of the items on the menu (refreshing). Food was served in a timely manner, our waitress checked on us on intervals to see how we were doing. Food was wonderful! Everyone we had interactions with was friendly and seemed happy. We will definitely be going back!!!!!

Reviewed 18 May 2018

We've been here a couple of times. We visited on a Sunday evening, so it was very busy, therefore service was VERY slow. Bartender was having to take care of large to go orders, so it took a long time to even get a drink. When we finally did get or food, the steak was well prepared.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Visited twice within three weeks, both on Sunday. The first time I ordered the shrimp plate and I left with the roof of my mouth coated with something. We visited again with the same couple and ordered the same to see if it was going to have the same ending. It didn't so I guess they fried the shrimp a little different. The salad bar is big but each side has the same items. The service was a little better the second time vs the first trip. Different waiter/waitress. The couple we were with likes the place but I just as pass since they don't offered a meal without a salad which ends up costing about 5-6 dollars more that a normal shrimp basket. I wish they would cook the shrimp with something other than flour. I prefer corn meal. We usually get there at 11 am so the food is delivered quickly. It seems like the seafood restaurants in the area is changing their cooking methods which is not good for us old timers. I usually eat about fifty pounds at home each year so I guess you can say I am fond of shrimp cooked one way or the other.