“Great baked beans”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: Owned by Kenny and Joyce Williams(251) 943-9464
“Great baked beans”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I am from Georgia and I'm use to a certain type of bbq.. And since I've been in Alabama I noticed it's more seafood here but this bbq was delicious . They have the best baked beans I've had in along time. The rib plate was proportioned great... And the sweet tea was perfect! I loved the service and down home feeling ...I was referred to this location after going to one by gulfshores First I was pleasantly suprised !

Floyds Knobs, Indiana
“Good BBQ and friendly staff”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We ate at Down South BBQ while on vacation. We ordered the LG pulled chix and brisket sandwiches with slaw, fries and beans. Great taste and good flavor.
Kids had Mac n cheese, cheese burgers and fries.
The kids gobbled up the cheeseburgers which were very generous in size for a kids menu.
The Mac and cheese was homemade.
Prices for the kids menu were well worth it... The prices on the adult menu tend to lean high depending in what you order which my reason for not giving a five out of five.

We will definitely visit again.

Midland, Michigan
“Good even without sauce”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

The test of a good BBQ is whether the meat is good even without sauce. Down South passes with flying colors. The pork, ribs and beef brisket were all excellent. The sauces were a bit tame, but good nevertheless. I gave five stars because the sides were also excellent. Cole slaw, baked beans, mac & cheese, and mustard potato salad were all exceptional compared to an average BBQ joint. Definitely would visit again if in the area.

Visited February 2014
Fairhope, AL
“Good enough”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

This is a small place with limited seating. Some websites indicate they close at 4pm but they are open till 6pm weekdays and maybe 7:30 pm weekends. We tried the brisket based on other reviews and it was mildly disappointing. Seemed like it had been in a steamer too long. The BBQ beans were great and the horseradish potato salad was something different. Who doesn't like a $2.00 draft beer?Give it try and maybe go for the pork.

Visited December 2013
Ethridge, Tennessee, United States
“Yuck!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is absolutely the worse barbeque I have ever had. It was tasteless. just a little smoked pork. No seasoning. Staff not friendly. Will not return!

Visited July 2013