“Great Stay! Great Staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Foley

Comfort Suites Foley
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Foley
Houston, Texas
“Great Stay! Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Foley, Alabama for an end of summer trip with my children and had a great experience. The rooms were large suites, the breakfast was great, and more than anything the all the staff at the hotel were wonderful. Will definately go back next year!!!

Room Tip: All rooms were large suites
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Comfort_Foley, General Manager at Comfort Suites Foley, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Comfort Suites in Foley, Alabama. We are striving to provide our guests with the best possible customer service as well as the most comfortable stay. We look forward to having you and your family stay with again in the future. We want to ensure that all of our guests feel appreciated for choosing to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
LIZELIA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

The room smelled mildewy and we found mildew spots on some of the furniture. The hotel was full so there wasn't another room.
The swimming pool had a bad case of bathtub ring. There was a black ring around it. It wasn't much bigger either, but it was indoors so you could use it rain or shine. I worked at pools growing up, so I know what one should look like. The water didn't smell or feel right either, lack of the proper amount of chemicals. Breakfast bar was fine and it isn't too far from the beach. I did tell the check out person and they seemed concerned. So......

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GITANO58
Aliceville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

The room was very nice. We had a king suite which had a sofa with pull out bed. My daughter really enjoyed the indoor pool. Breakfast was also great. Employees were very nice especially housekeeping ladies and the lady they helped out with the breakfast. Prices were lower than most hotels. I thought since the prices were so low, there would be problems with our room. But overall, we could not have chosen a better hotel. There were eating places right next to hotel, a Dollar General across the street, Walmart and gas stations nearby and also it was right down from the Tanger Outlet Mall. We also met some really nice people. The hotel was never loud or very crowed, which was a plus. Last but not least, there is a laundry room on the thrid floor. This was handy because I could do laundry and not have to go to other places. We will stay here next time we are in town!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Mobile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Spent 1 night in a King "Suite" at the Comfort Suites in Foley on the Friday before July 4th. Located near lots of restaurants and very close to Tanger outlets. Short drive to Gulf Shores beaches and attractions. The king suite included a small sofa & coffee table, desk with lamp, very small closet, small dorm-size refrigerator, microwave & coffee pot. Fine location for a short stay.

Pros: Affordable price close to the beach. Large, clean room. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Free breakfast. Safe area. Convenient location. Well stocked with towels, wash cloths, etc.

Cons: Suite had a mini-fridge, not the full size refrigerator found in many of the other chain suites; so no freezer space and very limited refrigerator space. This normally would be fine for a 1 night stay but not for an extended stay; problematic for this short stay b/c there was no way to keep food, drink & ice packs cold for the beach volleyball tournament the next a.m. (the reason for the trip). Door to hall had large gaps between the frame and the door which allowed a significant amount of light and noise into the room. Under window air conditioning unit was not on when we arrived and took several hours to cool the room in the 90+ degree and was somewhat noisy throughout the night (on the bright side the air condition hum provided "white noise" that helped with the hallway noise). The "gourmet hot breakfast" consisted of those perfectly shaped egg rounds and some unidentifiable gravy (no sausage or bacon or other breakfast meat). Very few options for gluten-intolerant child.

Overall a nice stay and good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is a very nice hotel with a wonderful staff!! The rooms were large and very clean. The hot breakfast and indoor pool was also great! It was located close to the Gulf Shores beaches and across the street from Tanger Outlet so the location was perfect. Had restaurants with walking distance also. We will definately be back!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Muscle Shoals
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed 1 night at this hotel over memorial day weekend. I was assigned a handicap room even though it was not required. The room was on the first floor, end of hall, across from stairway and end door which went to the smoking area. Traveling alone I just did not feel safe. Lots of hall traffic. Noisy. The bathroom shower was moldy and filthy..so much so I would not even take a shower although my vehicle air conditioner had died 2 hrs away and I REALLY needed one. There was a 'guarantee' statement that if there are ANY issues to go to the front desk and they would make it right. The front desk response person was extremely rude - nothing she could do. DID I WANT TO CHECK OUT? Reallly? that is Comfort Suites quality policy at work? I can understand if they do not have another room - but at least an 'I am sorry' or 'Let me get housekeeping? ' or 'if we have a cancellation we will move you'???? I have stayed at other Comfort hotels and was happy - but this one needs to be updated and the staff reminded that the customer should be treated with respect. I left 3 messages with 3 different people for the manager to CALL me...I was not pleased. SHE NEVER CALLED. No missed calls. After a week I called the customer complaint department and upon checking they said it was noted she had emailed me...which is not what I asked for and I NEVER received, not even in spam. When I asked for a refund customer complaint said the manager had to approve it...how would that work if you cannot even get a response from her? I travel alot but this group of hotels is now permanently OFF my stay list. Have NOTHING good to say. Would give it 1/2 star if that was a choice. This location seems to totally ignore the quality policy, manager never on premises, and they do not care about the paying customers. Would it not have been simpler to accept responsibility and just say I am sorry at the beginning than have a totally disatisfied customer who will let all her social media and friends know not to do business with this hotel chain? OH and get rid of the manager if she cannot do her job!!!!

Room Tip: do not stay here - especially in the handicap suite.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Localmom2013
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

We love to visit Gulf Shores, so decided last minute to pack up our girls, the pup & head to the water for 48 hours of fun!
It was a pleasure taking the last King suite around town on the fly (:
Location is IDEAL, directly across from Tanger Outlet on the strip (unless you are looking for beachfront).
Hotel staff were SUPER friendly, helpful when they could be. Rooms are small but tidy & very clean.
Hubby & i were shocked @ quality of King bed ~ girls disliked the pullout soda! Ha
BreAkfast here is minimal yet clean- hey it's a BUDGET facility!
Indoor pool was adequate if anyone cared to swim/small workout room but sleek & modern.
We would definitely do another 1 night visit to this Gulf Shores hidden gem.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Khmergirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foley
Hampton Inn Foley
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores
#2 of 24 in Gulf Shores

Been to Comfort Suites Foley? Share your experiences!