“Can't go wrong with Shrimp Basket”
Review of Shrimp Basket

Shrimp Basket
Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Foley
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Foley Shrimp Basket is like the other locations: Good seafood at a reasonable price. Ate there today and spouse had the $9.99 all you can eat fried whitefish. I chose the catch of the day for $13.99: grilled grouper. Both were very good. I often have the crab claw dinner, which I really like. I always ask about the size of the claws and get an honest answer. We have eaten at several of the Shrimp Basket locations and always find good food and prices to match. Casual beach atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Being locals we had this as our "go to" restaurant in town. Last month my husband called in a to go order for pickup. As we were standing just inside the front door waiting for the kitchen to finish up the order my husband saw the cook through the pass put his finger in our cup of sauce and stir it around! He then pulled his finger out and licked it. I guess to see if it was hot enough coming from the microwave. Gross. No gloves either. Bare finger. We immediately told the young lady who was in charge of service and that we wanted our money back as that was a health code violation and disgusting. She was very apologetic and refunded our money.
As soon as we got home we contacted the health department as well as the corporate office of Shrimp Basket, but never heard back from either. We had been going here for several years, but after seeing this we will not return.

5  Thank wanderingSerb
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Let me begin by praising the Gulf Shores Shrimp Basket - we have been there many times and always had great food and service! We moved to Foley about 4 months ago and have dined here 3 times - each time it gets worse! Saturday night was the last straw! We arrived at peak time - 7:30 to find a 15 minute wait which was much faster than Lambert's 1 1/2 hour wait! We went to the bar which was about 1/2 full for a glass of wine while we waited. We sat next to a large mess evidently left by an earlier diner. The mess stayed untouched at the bar until we had been sat, eaten our apps, and were 1/2 through our dinner. We sat at the bar the entire wait for our table but never saw a bartender, nor did any of the servers who came behind the bar to help themselves ever make eye contact or speak to us.
Fifteen minutes later we were called for our table without being served at the bar - probably should have left at that point! We waited about 10 minutes for someone to greet us but the table already seated beside us waited about another 15 minutes before someone greeted them.
Our "server" appeared to be a young manager and asked for our order. We finally got to order our wine, but specifically asked for the wine to be served in plastic cups since while we sat at the bar being ignored for 15 minutes we noticed the glasses hanging from the glass rack were nasty - too dirty to drink from! I then observed the server/manager go behind the bar and use one of the nasty wine glasses to measure the wine into the clean plastic cups - sort of defeated the purpose!
We ordered apps which arrived in about 10 minutes, but the oysters arrived fried instead of raw. The correct order arrived about 15 minutes later., Wanting Worcestershire sauce to make my cocktail sauce with I looked around but there was no one to help. I wandered the restaurant looking for it and ended up in the kitchen area. Servers came and went but never acknowledged me or offered help, and finally I saw the manager back there and asked him where it was. He handed me a bottle and I went back to our table. We did see a server when our food was delivered and another brought our check when we were finished. Throughout the meal tables remained dirty for long periods of time, and garbage littered the dining room floor and went unattended and unnoticed Overall the place is a dump with no direction and not near enough staff. I suggest you drive into Gulf Shores if you insist on eating at a Shrimp Basket!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We eat here about once a week and the food is always fresh and delicious. The workers are all very friendly and efficient. I love, love, love the onion rings and fried okra. The fried fish is wonderful. They seem to have something for everyone.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have been to this Shrimp Basket location the two times we vacationed in Alabama this year. Their food is consistenly good and the wait staff are friendly. We had the shrimp etouffee and it was loaded with all the right ingredients - very tasty! The fried shrimp baskets and sides were equally delicious. Haven't been to their other locations, but we sure do love this one!