“After many visits at this location, will not stay at this hotel again.”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Foley / Gulf Shores
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Over the last 9-10 years, we have visited this property every year and stayed for 3-4 nights. Arrived on Wednesday and was assigned to a non-smoking King room as requested. On Thursday we visited the Shrimp Festival and returned to our room in the early evening to freshen up for dinner. Found a refrigerated semi-truck parked outside our window. The compressor of the truck was turning on and off to keep the contents of the trailer at a certain temperture. It was louder than the a/c unit in our room. As we left for dinner we stopped by the front desk and spoke with Angela. Asking how long the truck was going to be parked there and if it could be moved. Angela was very nice and told us she would contact the driver. We continued onto dinner and imagine our surprise of finding the truck still there when we returned. On Friday morning my husband went back to the front desk and spoke with Susie. The truck had run all night long. We had gotten very little sleep. Susie advised the property manager was not yet on the property. We went sight seeing and shopping, finding the truck gone when we returned late Friday evening. Checked out on Sunday with Susie and asked about a credit for Thursday evening, she advised the property manager was the only person allowed to adjust our bill. Phoned the hotel Monday morning and spoke with Laura the manager. Laura was aware of the truck since Angela had actually phoned her at home on Thursday evening. And Susie had told her about my husband coming back to the front desk on Friday morning. Laura said there was nothing she could do since we had checked out of the hotel. I asked if I gave her my credit card number would she credit our account for Thursday evening rate of 54.95. She said no, we should have talked with her before we checked out. I advised we were guests of the hotel and she could have phoned our room when she arrived. I'm more concerned about Laura's attitude. Not once did Laura try to contact us, not once did she apologize for the situation. We will not be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2011

This is Alabama Barb again as my friend and I always stay here after we spend 2 weeks at PCB to shop before we go home. We always stay here and have never had a bad nite. The people are always friendly and the rooms always neat and clean. We have never had a bad room here and they try to give us the same room every time we come! Thanks to everyone for the wonderful nites and safety we feel staying here! This was our 8th year of coming to your hotel. We shopped till we dropped as the hotel is only about a mile from the outlet mall.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Good location. Plenty of restaurants and shops near by and a short drive from the beach. Room was clean and staff was friendly. The only complaint was that they have replaced their beds, which is good; but, they bought pillow top matresses and do not have the deep pocket sheets. Kept having to put the sheet back on the bed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Okay, so it may not be the nicest hotel in town, and is not beachfront. But I had a very good experience here. My room was clean; containing a comfortable king size bed, a couch, a coffee table, a desk, an armoire with a television, and a clean bathroom.

What I liked most about this hotel was the friendliness of the staff. I stay at a lot of hotels, and run into a lot of rude hotel workers. However, no one was rude at this hotel. In fact, quite the opposite. All of the front desk workers were extremely helpful, and the rates were very fair.

My room (221) was fairly quiet and I felt nice and isolated from the outside world. The girl I was dating at the time and I slept very soundly and had a great time watching movies and just hanging out in the room.

The beach is about a ten minute drive if you consider the traffic. If you're mainly looking for a beach vacation, I'd recommend staying in Gulf Shores. But for any other purpose, this hotel is a great selection. I have no complaints.

Room Tip: 221 was a fantastic room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

For our one year wedding anniversary, my husband and I decided to stay in Orange Beach after attending a concert that was to be held Labor Day weekend. America's Best Inns had reasonable pricing so we reserved a room. BIG MISTAKE!!!! The concert was postponed due to Tropical Storm Lee so we called to cancel our reservation. I spoke with a nice young lady that said "Oh, no problem at all ma'am, we are issuing full refunds due to the weather just make sure you also call the travel agency that you booked through". I called the agent which then called America's Best, unfortunately "Linda" answered the phone and told the agent that a refund would not be issued. I then called the hotel myself and spoke with "Linda", she was very rude and unwilling to help in any way. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Orange Beach area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We called and got a room over the 4th of July weekend and had a great time! The room was spottless and we had everything we needed. The pool was crystal and so warm and inviting! We sat under the stars for a long time around the pool and just hung out. So quiet yet close to everything. We also stay here in Sept after the crowds have gone and have never had a bad room or experience. The staff is always pleasant and wonderful. Thanks Laura for making our stay so nice.

Room Tip: Call the hotel yourself and don't go thru the internet. Better rates.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We came here to stay for a weekend.We loved it because it was close to the beach,and the other attractions.But as far as the room itself,it was horrible.The room had a odor.There was bugs flying around,and the toilet looked like it had not been cleaned.The refrigerator did not work,and the room smelled a little like pee.This is our first,and last time coming here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank boot61
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foley
Super 8 Foley
#8 of 10 in Foley
Comfort Suites Foley
Comfort Suites Foley
#5 of 10 in Foley

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Foley / Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!