Over the last 9-10 years, we have visited this property every year and stayed for 3-4 nights. Arrived on Wednesday and was assigned to a non-smoking King room as requested. On Thursday we visited the Shrimp Festival and returned to our room in the early evening to freshen up for dinner. Found a refrigerated semi-truck parked outside our window. The compressor of the truck was turning on and off to keep the contents of the trailer at a certain temperture. It was louder than the a/c unit in our room. As we left for dinner we stopped by the front desk and spoke with Angela. Asking how long the truck was going to be parked there and if it could be moved. Angela was very nice and told us she would contact the driver. We continued onto dinner and imagine our surprise of finding the truck still there when we returned. On Friday morning my husband went back to the front desk and spoke with Susie. The truck had run all night long. We had gotten very little sleep. Susie advised the property manager was not yet on the property. We went sight seeing and shopping, finding the truck gone when we returned late Friday evening. Checked out on Sunday with Susie and asked about a credit for Thursday evening, she advised the property manager was the only person allowed to adjust our bill. Phoned the hotel Monday morning and spoke with Laura the manager. Laura was aware of the truck since Angela had actually phoned her at home on Thursday evening. And Susie had told her about my husband coming back to the front desk on Friday morning. Laura said there was nothing she could do since we had checked out of the hotel. I asked if I gave her my credit card number would she credit our account for Thursday evening rate of 54.95. She said no, we should have talked with her before we checked out. I advised we were guests of the hotel and she could have phoned our room when she arrived. I'm more concerned about Laura's attitude. Not once did Laura try to contact us, not once did she apologize for the situation. We will not be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the South side of Foley just several blocks from Tanger Outlet Center and just minutes from the pure white sandy beaches of the Alabama Gulf Coast. Come stay & Play or Shop and rediscover beautiful Foley, Alabama and the Alabama Gulf Coast. Reasonable rate and a friendly staff wait to assist you. Call today---What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Foley / Gulf Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- America`s Best Inns & Suites Foley Hotel Foley
- America`s Best Inns And Suites Foley
- Best Inn Foley