“MOLDY ROOMS....STAINED BEDS..NASTY CARPET...CONDOM WRAPPER STILL IN BED FROM GREAT HOUSE KEEPING!!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This was the worst hotel I have EVER stayed at!!! Do not stay here!! ITs disgusting ! The GM TAMMY does not care that the rooms are gross!! Save yourself the money and stay somewhere else! I have never wrote a review for anything I have bought or a hotel I have stayed in but this is worth it!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ErikaNseb
Tammy M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

I'm sorry just think people should not be so quick to destroy a business, once again everything with Erika was fine, until she found out she was charged for getting blood all over towels and threw them away herself.

And I do care believe me, I have gone to the room and inspected all mattresses and there are no stains. If she did find anything in the room why did she not bring it to our attention immediately, or even ask for a different room.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights on a quick get-a-way weekend.
Had a fabulous time, the rooms are great, very clean, breakfast was wonderful, it is almost a full breakfast, you wont leave hungry.
The staff are all very sweet, helpful and full of information. They were able to advise us on best eating places, shortcuts to get out of the traffic and even free things to do.
The pool was very refreshing.
I must say that after reading some of these reviews, make me wonder what really is wrong with people.
We will return to this hotel again.
Best place in Foley to stay

Room Tip: Great Place, very clean, friendly staff any room
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Tammy M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thank you so much for your post, we really appreciate it. We look forward to a return visit from you and please use this for a 10% discount off your next stay.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

This hotel was not a good experience. The rooms were average. The breakfast was not that great, only edible. After showering I found that the hair dryer did not work. After checking out I was charged for a washcloth that I used to remove my makeup with (normal use for a washcloth...I thought). So, for those of you that wear makeup do not use the washcloth provided for removing it because you will charged.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracy S
Tammy M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Although people are certainly entitled to their opinion, I assure we do not charge for make up on a wash rag, yes indeed that will wash out, but something blue like from dye won't.

As well the child in the room had marked on the sheets with a pen and no that will not wash out.

As far as our breakfast goes on the stay in question, we offered waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, 3 kinds of cold cereal, oatmeal and grits, bagels, muffins, pastries, fresh bread, fresh fruit, apple and orange juice, as well that day we had bacon and egg patties.

There is a difference in normal wear and tear, and don't care destruction, or deliberatly stealing items, of which we do charge.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Upon arriving, we noticed a very strong bleach smell in our hotel room. It was so strong that I started to feel light headed. One of the ladies from the front desk was walking around asking guests who had just checked in how their rooms were (which was nice, never seen that before) and she agreed that it was extremely potent. She went back to the front desk and returned immediately with another set of key cards for another room, which was much better and had no unpleasant smells. We enjoyed the rest of our stay with no trouble at all. The staff are very friendly, the breakfast is varied (hard boiled eggs, waffles, sausage, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, oatmeal, grits, cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, pastries, coffee and juice). The wireless is very fast and the bed was very comfy. It's close to the outlett malls, Applebees, Wendy's, Mellow Mushroom, Target, Wal-Mart, and amusement parks. I would definitely stay at this Quality Inn again!

1  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I will never stay here again the room was nasty smelled bad (mold) had bugs in the bathroom.The GM of the hotel Tammy is so unprofessinal she does not need to be in mangement at all she has no people skills at all. she charges people for stealing things out of the room but the stuff never put the stuff into the room to being with..I dont know what her problem is but this is the worst hotel i have ever stayed out and i hope that everyone will see all the bad reviews and maybe chose to stay else where..The staff is not as friendly as she has made them out to be.

4  Thank me m
Tammy M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

I just don't feel that this response is worth an explanation. People who don't get their way, want a business to look bad.

We do love our guests and go out of our way to insure that each guest has a memorable stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We just got back from a 2 night stay during July 2nd and 3rd. We were greeted at the front desk by Tammy Metcalf and another wonderful younger lady. They promptly got us checked in. Tammy was absolutely wonderful in being friendly and helpful with directions and ideas. She by far was the friendliest and most helpful staff of all the hotels we stayed at during our week trip to the Foley, Gulf Shores, and New Orleans. At the Quality Inn Each morning the breakfast items changed and were delicious. The room itself was nice and clean. There are many places to eat and things to do nearby, and the beach is just a few minutes away. Overall a wonderful stay with friendly great people!

2  Thank luvnmygrl
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We are staying here now and I must say that its great !! , the rooms are very nice and have LCD Flatscreen TV. Fridge and microwave and fast wireless internet service. The staff is very nice and helpful and go out of their way to make sure your stay is good. The location is 7 miles north of the beach and just right for a family vacation , Tanger outlet is next door and Alligator Alley is only 12 miles away.

I would reccommend this hotel to any family and its much cheaper than 7 miles south. Gulf Shores has many public beaches and it works out great. I plan on bringing my family back here every summer , Also we requested a Crib and it was waiting in our room when we arrived. And to make it clear , It's Clean and we coulodn't ask for a better home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family