La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Fultondale
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is a good, clean, basic hotel. It is nothing fancy, and there is nothing wrong with it. Breakfast was good. There are a couple of family restaurants nearby. Convenient location right off I-65.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
massena, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

DIRT,WET,STINKY,BUG INFESTED. They new about these problems . Obviously they did nothing to remedy the problems. The rate was 124 before tax. I was moved from and ant infested room to a room that smelled of urine and the window leaked profusely. I was too tired to fight with them further that night The next morning I complained about the rain soaked rug and they knew it was like that. When I asked why they would place a client in such a room the gave me a comp. 113.00 after tax. Also the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything going on in the next room.. Don't Stay here until they clean up their act

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank F Dickson R

Travellers are raving about these Fultondale hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I frequently stay at LaQuinta Inns throughout the country. We have a LaQuinta account and earn points. In other words, we've always been satisfied with LaQuinta Inns. We were traveling through Birmingham during the winter storm that hit the south in late January. We finally made it to our LaQuinta where we had reservations which were made and confirmed well in advance. Of course, the hotel was full and things were a little crazy. The employee at the front desk was overwhelmed by the storm and the quick demand for rooms, and she was there alone. After a lengthy wait (which we understood), she finally checked us in, only to tell us that one of our rooms had no water. She had given all the rooms with running water to other guests who had shown up unexpectedly. She kept telling us the water would be working within an hour; however, the hour became 2 hrs., 3 hrs., 4 hrs., 5hrs., and finally they admitted there would be no water in the room until sometime the next morning. In the other room, the smoke detectors had been disabled with plastic bags. Upon checkout, we told them we didn't think we should be charged for the room with no water, but they charged us anyway. Needless to say, I'm writing to the LaQuinta headquarters to express our unhappiness.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank Jeanne S
Fultondale, Alabama
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a total of two days and was greatly impressed. There was a large group of people in town for a baseball tournament, but the noise was minimal and the parents along with the staff of the hotel kept the kids in check. The cleaning service was top notch and the free breakfast was nice as well. Did I mention the bed? This luxury king size bed has to be the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on! I sorely regret not taking more advantage of it especially since my bed at home is now less comfortable. I'll definitely be using this hotel again in the future!

Room Tip: I booked through Priceline and got a free upgrade from queen to king size. You have to pay up front...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Everyone at this hotel was more than helpful. Denise the manager was so helpful getting our softball team booked and making it as easy as possible. The hotel was clean and the staff was as sweet as can be..... Thanks again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Upon check-in the lobby wasn't very clean. Went to room and bedspreads were either stained or dirty, ants crawling in the bathroom. Sheets were clean so we though bedspreads on floor and turned heat up since we only had top sheet to cover up with. If I hadn't booked thourgh a non-refundable site we would not have stayed here. I told the lady upon check-out about the ants and she said they started coming in when it got cold outside.......??? Did not like the fact people didn't clean-up after their dogs either! No wonder so few places allow dogs!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I won this on Priceline and stayed one night. When we arrived I immediately noticed the run down, uncared for appearance in the lobby. The first thing I looked at was the pool- it is closed "indefinitely" due to a broken heat pump. Walking to the room, I noticed how dirty the tile floor in the elevator was. Not a good sign. The carpet in the hall way was stained and had trash on the floor, such as empty snack bags, and bits of trash. Got into the room, and wasn't impressed. The carpet had big stains on it, but the rest of the room looked acceptable. We went out to dinner, came back, turned on the lights, and found BUGS crawling on the ceiling. Looked like black lady bugs, that were flying, I counted 15 of them. Since it was very late and we were tired, we sleep in that room and hoped the bugs stayed on the ceiling and not in the beds. When taking a shower, my towels looked like they came from a car wash reject store. They were thin, scratchy, worn out and one actually had a hole in it the size of 6 inches long.
But the reason I am writing this is mainly because of what happened at check out. I quietly informed the front desk "there are bugs in the room that look like ladybugs, you need to get an exterminator". Her tone of voice was snotty when she replied "well, you should have asked to be moved". She went on to say "We know there are bugs in that room, we can't keep them out. They come in when the weather gets cold". "You should have asked to be moved".
In amazement at her answer, I asked, "why do you rent rooms to people that you know have bugs?"

Room Tip: Take a can of Raid Bug Spray.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65
Days Inn Fultondale
#1 of 8 in Fultondale
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North? Share your experiences!