“Worst stay at a LQ hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Fultondale
Alabama
“Worst stay at a LQ hotel”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My family travels a lot and since we have dogs we stay at LQ hotels due to their dog friendliness. As an Elite member I have become accustomed to 1. being greeted as an Elite member 2. express check in and 3. Free bottled water. These are things that I am supposed to receive as an Elite member but I did not receive any of these at this hotel. At check in I was told I had a 1st floor room until they found out that I had my dogs. Then we were moved to the 3rd floor. Why would you put dogs on the 3rd floor of a hotel? Although we were told that the pool was open I did not allow my children to swim in it due to the fact that the water level was below the filter so the water was not being filtered. I was told that the chemicals were at the correct level so we could swim in it... When I asked why the pool level was low the manager stated that the filler nozzle had been broken and that she did not have a water hose that she could use... We have stayed at this hotel before but the service and cleanliness of the hotel have gone down.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RascalGirl2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I've stayed here on numerous occasions, on average about 3-4 weeks a year. Over the years the hotel has gone down. My coworkers wrote them off over the summer, but as an Elite member I continued to stay. Here are the problems with my last stay and the reason I've chosen to go some where else from now own. I was not greeted as an Elite customer and told the Railroad was priority. The lady on the front desk continued to cut me off before I could ask a question; her customer service needs work. Yes they accept dogs, but on the 3rd floor only. We don't want to disturb the railroad on the 2nd floor. Clean rooms? Ha. We had to switch rooms a few times. Switched rooms a couple times due to hair in the bed when we pulled the sheets back. In two rooms the sheets had quarter size holes in them. In one room they were almost thread bare. One room that had been "cleaned" still had poop splatter in the toilet! Finally got a clean room. When I notified the front desk manager I got an excuse for the condition, no apology. Taking my business elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jamie F

Travellers are raving about these Fultondale hotels

Charleston
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 weeks. We had a few issues... the wireless internet was unreliable no matter what time of day we tried to access it (from phones and laptops), the pool was closed for maintenance throughout our stay, hotel ran out of hot water every morning, our corporate travel company had an issue with them trying to bill for a week we were not there and the red-headed desk clerk needs to be taught hospitality skills. All other employees were polite and helpful, hotel was pretty quiet, our room (suite with sleeper sofa, 2 chairs, fridge and micro) was spacious and clean, full breakfast with waffle iron and a few other hot items, within walking distance of restaurants and convenient to other shopping and I-65.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Rayville, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have stayed at this Motel before, twice!

The motel staff is friendly and helpful.

Their Hot Breakfast is very good, with scrambled eggs and bacon, plus the other usual breakfast items.

The rooms are clean and comfortable.

The motel is located just north of Birmingham off I-65 North. Easy to get to, (except for some construction on I65)

My Wife and I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The best stay for a hotel in this price range. A really pleasant surprise when we saw the size of the room, the home-like atmosphere, and the cleanliness! The free breakfast was complete and delicious. Staff was super nice and competent. Fresh chocolate chip cookies in the evening. Convenient to everything! We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Joan B
United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Enjoyed the stay. Check-in / out was smooth. Beds/pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. Staff was friendly. Amenities for hotel were better than most at this price point...indoor pool area and business center. Facility and grounds seemed to be well kept.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is very clean and friendly with a great breakfast. The beds are always great LaQuinta. The air conditioning was wonderful. Most hotels limit the low side of air conditioning to 68. This one went to 64 and worked. It also has an indoor pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65
#1 of 7 in Fultondale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale
Best Western Plus Gardendale

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North? Share your experiences!