“Spring Break stopover” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fultondale
Columbus, Ohio
“Spring Break stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stopped here on the way to Florida for Spring Break. Excellent location right off of I65 near several restaurants. General Manager called me to verify my reservation, he was extremely polite and I really appreciated that. Rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable and everything seemed to be in order. Breakfast was pretty good, better than other hotels that offer this amenity. Consisted of eggs, sausage, cold cereals, bagels and danishes, assorted juices, coffee and milk.
My only complaint would that there was no hot water in the shower, my wife doesn't deal well with cold showers. I called the front desk and was told that they'd let maintenance know when he came in. I messed with the faucet a little bit and finally got some warm water. The valve seem to be stuck in the cold position. We were in a bit of a rush to get to the beach, we didn't wait for maintenance. Upon checkout I let the clerk know again about the shower, she was very apologetic and did show me the note for maintenance to check it out.
I would definitely stay there again, reasonably priced for very good accommodations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank dt7411
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreicate all the compliments and are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall with us. Thank you for bringing the hot water issuse to our attention as it helped us resolve an issus with one of the three water tanks. Your understanding and the fact that you brought it to our attention makes us appreciate you as our guest even more. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next vist with us. Assure your wife, she will be able to take a hot shower as expected.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Nice Fairfield Inn in a very good location which was within walking distance to several decent restaurant. Property seemed to be well maintained and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Got a good nights sleep on a comfortable bed. Apparently the place sold out that night because breakfast was a zoo in the morning. The staff was doing their best but that breakfast area was just not designed for that many people. Overall though it met our needs and was a good experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zaxby
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. The breakfast bar does get crowded when we have large crowds and they come down for breakfast at around the same time. We will certainly try and accommodate that situation by opening up our banquet room area for additional seating. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to your next visit with us!!
st louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

No complaints with this location. A noticeable upgrade from the Holiday Inn Express down the street, which had a few issues with cleanliness, a couple of non-working fixtures, a tricky air conditioning system, etc. I did not get a chance to try the Hampton Inn next door but this Fairfield is a solid choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank garythain
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Thank you for your recent review about our hotel. We are so glad that you decided to try us and realized the difference between our hotel and our competitiors. Our team works very hard to provide excellend service and product and we always appreciate when it is noticed. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We had two rooms here last night. We're getting read to get back on the road again, but I thought I'd post a review before we hop in the car. This place is an absolute gem! We're traveling with family and had a few special requests. The staff was wonderful in every way. Rooms are squeeky-clean, big and spacious. I can't believe how much you get for the price. Our family was able to eat great breakfast (there was even hot food included free). This is one of the best hotels we've stayed at (and about 1/3 of the price of a bigger city hotel with comparable amenities).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LifeJourney222
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We work very hard every day to exceed guest expectations and it is always very rewarding to learn that we have done so. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with others and hope to see you again soon!
Jasper, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

It started of great. We had stayed at this particular hotel back in December and had a great time then. The only issue was the beds were too soft and gave me a major backache but some people love those kind of beds. Now on to this stay. It started off great. The room was clean, plenty of fresh towels and tolietries and freshly made beds. Now on to the problems. The air unit began making an awful noise and finally quit in the middle of a very cold night, leaving us to huddle together in one bed. Then in the morning my husband had an ice cold shower. Now for the good side, the GM of the hotel Byron Baldwin couldnt have been more apologetic and friendly, refunded some of our money and generally seemed to care about the comfort of his guests. He even offered to upgrade us to a suite on our next visit for a great price. If all hotels had such caring Genereal Managers they would all be great. Kudos to him and his overnight clerk also who was very friendly and tried to make us as comfortable as possible!!! Despite the problems I would like to return for another visit and give them another chance.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback about a recent stay at our hotel. We guage our performance based on guest reviews and always appreciate any feedback we receive. While we did not meet your expectations this time, I assure you that your concerns will be addressed and rectified immediately. I am glad that our staff handled the situation with utmost customer care and I thank you for giving us a second chance. I assure you, you will have a pleasant stay with us when you return.
Douglas, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

After checking around, fairfield inn had the best reviews around. It is a great value, and the staff was very professional and friendly. The room was clean, had flat screen tv, free WiFi, great breakfast, and the programmable thermostat.was a plus. I was very pleased since I had recommnded that my in laws choose this hotel over one that was closer to the event.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, 4 December 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We take great pride in providing excellent service and product to our guests and we appreciate feedback as it helps us measure our performance. Your comments are valued and we will be sharing them with our team. Thank you for making Fairfield Inn & Suites your preferred choice in Fultondale,AL.
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Check in was very nice. All the staff we interacted with was friendly and helpful. The room was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable, and there was adequate pillows.

Very well located. Close to shopping areas, restaurants, and gas station. Indoor pool looked nice (we did not use). There was breakfast included... and it was nice, typical hotel breakfasts - bananas, apples, sausage, eggs, bagels. The area was clean and fairly well maintained.

Really the only thing I did not care for was when we were checking out, the housekeeper was in the hallway with a radio blaring. That was a little annoying. I can imagine if we were trying to sleep, I would not have been happy.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65
#4 of 7 in Fultondale
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gardendale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65? Share your experiences!