“Great WiFi, Opened June 2013, still feels brand new”

Days Inn Fultondale
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Fultondale
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great WiFi, Opened June 2013, still feels brand new”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel WiFi and the bang for the buck with this hotel cannot be beat in the Fultondale, Alabama (northern Birmingham, AL) area. The hotel was rebuilt/remodeled, and opened in June 2013. My room felt like I was the first person to use it. Everything about the hotel is new.
The hotel WiFi is free, and high speed, even at night when people are watching movies on their tablets.
The flatscreen TV in my room is 1080p, however, the cable TV is just analog.
There are two unattached buildings in the hotel complex, separated by a park that has a picnic table, and some lawn furniture; a nice place to relax at the end of the day. There is no swimming pool. The main wing with 100 and 200 numbered rooms is near Decatur Highway, the 300 & 400 numbered suites are in a separate wing located a little up a hill. I stayed up the hill in the 300 section, directly in front of my room. There is a dog walk area, complete with a bright red fire hydrant, just to the south of the 300/400 building.
I tested the WiFi & Internet speed with Speedtest.net at 3.7 MB/sec down, and 2 MBs up. With Speakeasy.net, the WiFi & internet speed tested at 4.06 MB/s download, and 2.06 MB/s upload at 530PM on a Tuesday afternoon. WiFI software indicates they are running 802.11 N in the 2.4 GHZ band only; the 5 GHZ band is not used, so 802.11AC is not supported. There was *no* interference on the WiFi from adjacent business. Overall, guests should get a good WiFi experience.

I prefer hotels with an inside hallway, however, this hotel has all rooms with external access. I learned that I like that I can park right in front of my room, and carry my bags inside in 2 or 3 steps.
The breakfast is a buffet style, with fresh bacon, eggs, and the usual continental items, such as toast, yogurt, cereal, and fruit.
The only improvement I would recommend is they have a business office, or a guest computer & printer available. If one needs airline boarding passes, the front desk will print them for guests.

Room Tip: In the 300/400 building, located up the hill, you can park in front of the even numbered 300 rooms...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
daysinn06655, General Manager at Days Inn Fultondale, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us a review! We always appreciate insightful reviews such as yours! We are pleased to hear that thoroughly enjoyed our rooms. We take pride in our cleanliness! We hope you had the pleasure of enjoying our courtyard. We hope to see you again on your future travels!

Thank you again for the review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 8 June 2014

New, clean with comfy beds, beautiful landscaping. The website said continental breakfast with waffles, juice, bacon and eggs as well as the usual continental bagels, sweet rolls and cereal. Dining and shopping is close by and very easy on and off I65. The only downside was hill parking which was a little difficult and no pool which disappointed the grandkids. But for a sleeping break on a long trip, it was great. They also accept pets and kids under 17 are free.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second tier off the highway may be quieter, but we didn't notice any road noise on...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
daysinn06655, General Manager at Days Inn Fultondale, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I would like to start of by thanking you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please ask for a room in the front during your next stay to avoid the slanted parking lot! I am glad you enjoyed our Day Break Hot Breakfast and our courtyard! We hope to see you again on your future travels!

Thank you again for your review!
Foley, Alabama
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This is the nicest days inn I have ever stayed in. It was recently renovated due to a tornado a few years ago. We stayed on the second floor near stairs and didn't have a problem with noise (so far). We have a nice view of the courtyard, new flat screen tv. Just great. :) office staff was also very nice!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking time our during your stay with us to leave us a review! We love to hear guests excited about staying with us! It makes our job that for pleasurable! Pleased to hear you enjoyed our flat screen televisions and courtyard! We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future!

Thank you again for your review!
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2014

we arrived at this Days Inn location in Alabama after being on the road for 10 hours. I had been checking Trip Advisor trying to find someplace reasonable, as this was just a stopping point on our way to Florida. We needed three rooms, two of them adjoining.

I could not have been happier with our choice to pull in to this location. Quiet, very clean and well maintained, friendly people, good hot breakfast, and convenient to get right back on 65 South.

I felt like I got exactly what I paid for and this location is to be commended for their facility and southern hospitality.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank myjenyoung
daysinn06655, General Manager at Days Inn Fultondale, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
I would like to start off by thanking you for your review! We all here are pleased that we were able to accommodate you on your travels to florida! We are also happy to see your children were able to enjoy our rooms while still providing privacy for the parents with our adjoining rooms! We feel we have a room type and specification to meet the needs of all of our traveling friends! We hope you enjoyed your trip to Florida and back home to Ohio. Hope to see you next time on your travels!

Thank you again for your reveiw!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65
Comfort Suites Fultondale
Comfort Suites Fultondale
#4 of 8 in Fultondale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65
Best Western Plus Gardendale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale

Been to Days Inn Fultondale? Share your experiences!