“Food Well Worth A Return Trip in the Countryside!”
Review of Barry's BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Barry's BBQ
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Fyffe
Cuisines: Barbecue
Tennessee
“Food Well Worth A Return Trip in the Countryside!”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Truly down-home Southern Cooking! Highly recommended by several friends and were they ever right. Our first time there for the 4:00 CST Sat. buffet with short wait (lucky!). Buffet menu varies from Thurs thru Saturday night. Saturday featured truly great Bar B Q (pork ribs & pulled pork), fried cat fish, baked beans, slaw, potato salad, boiled corn on-the-cob, home-made ice cream, and more. Plus I saw many carrying Take-outs.

Located on a white-fenced farm outside of Fyffe, AL, ensure you have “good directions”. Restaurant is family style so if only 2 in party when it is busy (and it most always is) you may find yourself enjoying the company of locals or out-of-towners. A local remarked to me the quality and service is always consistent, precisely what I had been told. Friendly to both families and large groups, and family operated, Barry’s caters large events thru out the State of Alabama so this is truly more than a Mom and Pop restaurant – dates back to 1994 and cooks 2800 lbs of Boston Butts! Good value and well worth our hour or so to get there!!
More info: www.alfafarmers.com. Search on Barrys to view the latest.

• Visited September 2012

“Awesome hole in the wall in the middle of no where! !”
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

If you like an original place with a taste of the south, this is the place for you. It is simply delicious!! Make sure to ask for a bowl of dutch apple cobbler, the best I ever had, trust me I know cobbler! Its located in the middle of the country, surrounded by fields. Must try!!

2 Thank jsallis906
al
“very disapointed”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Drove for miles to eat @ Barry's heard nothing but good things til we got there. I guess it was the owner was very unfriendly and then one of the ladies that was with us didn't want the bar and he was very roud about that. It was so bad we didn't stay and eat WON"T ever go back again.If you want good reviews Be good to your customers.We got there to early for the bar so we road around for awhile and went back {shouldn't have went back} we left and found another place to eat. A Burger place close to the northeast college....{Very Good} would go back there. NOT BARRY"S

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank nanalee55
Decatur, Alabama
“DONT EAT AT BARRY'S BBQ”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

our food was cold and terrible me and wife stayed nauseated for the rest of the day and onto the next

Visited April 2012
11 Thank lynn s
Fort Payne, Alabama
“Pleasant change of pace from the North”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My Dad and his wife were visiting from up North and asked me to take them to some place original. After asking around this Berry’s' name kept coming up and they were listed in the 100 things in Alabama to eat before you die. It was not easy to find, but well worth the adventurous trek. The night that I was there they had the most deliciously breaded catfish that I have ever had. The fish was fresh and not at all gamey and the breading light with a slight citrus taste. I did not even use tartar which I usually do. The beef was so tender and moist. I loved the collard greens as well. I tried everything that they had that night and ended it with homemade peach and vanilla ice cream. It was a perfect buffet where a taste of everything is just right, although I had to talk myself out of more catfish. When we went to pay the check there was a little friendly introduction and a small conversation to complete the experience. The aesthetics of the place fit exactly for what it is; real, honest, and home cooked truth. If you want to be pampered then you will not get this experience and it is 100% your loss. From a Northerner transplant, thank you for the experience and especially for the smiles.

• Visited February 2012
5 Thank richard y

Been to Barry's BBQ? Share your experiences!