“Nice and clean”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Enjoyed our stay here. It was so clean and comfortable. We heard no outside noise in the room.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will stop again when we go that way.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 April 2012

This place is amazing. Not only is it very clean they have a great breakfast. All the staff were so friendly and seem to enjoy what they do and it shows. I highly recommend staying here.Every thing is very new and bright. They are in a great location. The pool and hot tub area was also very nice.

Room Tip: The rooms that look out over pool area are great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Terrydebusk
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I had some extra reward points and was headed south so I decided to use them here. Hotel is very modern, clean and bright. Free breakfast was better than most. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.The staff was very helpful with maps & directions to places to go. The room was larger than we expected and the breakfast was phenomenal!
Scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits with sausage gravy and even fresh fruit! The fireplace in the lobby went through the breakfast area and we could warm ourselves in front of it while watching TV. The Inn appeared to be new and very clean, inside & outside. Good lighted parking area with family oriented restaurants (Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday, etc), nearby. The pool was exceptionally lovely to look at too but it was too cool to swim.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We were taking an Alabama Lake tour, we were in Gadsden after a drive around Lake Weiss.
As I often do, I relied on tripadvisor to help me decide where to stay & was pleased with the result. This location is bright & shiny & new. Only 2 things didn't sit exactly right with me. I will share those here, yet it didn't bother me so much that I reported it to the hotel. First, the room we were in had been treated or sprayed with something to "freshen" it & it was strong- really strong. I thought maybe it was to cover the smell of all the new materials in the room. You know the toxic plastic smell that emits from new furniture & carpeting? This deodorizer smell clung to us, even when we went to dinner later, where our server commented that we smelled like a new car. The other issue was coffee. There was none when I needed an afternoon boost. However, when I asked the guy at the desk if he could get me a yogurt, even though there wasn't one in the market area, he found one for me. I appreciated that so much.
Several of the "conveniences" are now mostly the norm in this type of hotel. The wi-fi is great, especially with our reliance on smart phones these days. Their breakfast selection was sufficient. I'm a breakfast person, so I don't consider mere pastries to be breakfast. They offered "real food", as well as muffins, yogurt, cereals, juices & coffee. I needed to research & print some information on some real estate we found, so I used the computer in the business center. It was speedy & convenient.
The property is located near several other hotels. My guess is this is the newest of the choices & it will be hard to beat the value of this hotel. There are several restaurant chains in near proximity as well, giving you food options.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, polite staff, free wi-fi, free breakfast, and very nice elliptical and treadmill equipment (built in TVs) in the exercise room. This is a great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I was on my way to Galveston TX from NJ and we kept driving until we found a good spot with hotels off the highway. I am so glad we stumbled upon this hotel.

We actually passed up another Marriott a half hour earlier because we read about the poor quality of the rooms.

This hotel had great rooms - larger than expected. We stayed in the studio room. One large bedroom and a living room. The bathroom was also a good size. Two flat panel TVs. There isn't much to do there, but the breakfast was good, the hotel room was comfortable and clean, the staff was friendly. A perfect spot for a stop - especially when you are concerned about if hotels are clean or not.

The room was $80.

Room Tip: The studio room that I had was very nice. I would recommend it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple