“Great Night!”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great Night!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Was traveling from Texas to Ohio. My husband and I typically drive until we are tired and then start to look for a room. This particular night we stopped at the Fairfield Inn in Gadsden. I am so glad we did. What a great sleep I had. The beds were the most comfortable of the whole trip. Never have been a huge fan of Fairfield's, but after this stay we will start to look for this chain.

The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. My only complaint would be our room location. It was room 106, right across from the ice machine. Didn't think much of it, until 4:30 the next morning. Someone was getting an early start and was filling a cooler. After that I make sure I am far away from the ice machine.

Would stay here again if I passed through Gadsden.

Room Tip: Avoid room 106. Ice machine way too noisy!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackkip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night with a large bus group. We arrived late and left early. We were welcome with hot cookies and a pleasant staff. The room was clean and decorated nicely. We had a good continental breakfast. It was a wonderful short stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Neesya G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us. We are exceptionally glad that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. We look forward to hosting you and your group again soon.
Foley, Alabama
Reviewed 29 October 2013

First, let me note that I am a longterm Marriott Elite member with many stays at Fairfield Inns. We stayed at this Fairfield Inn on weekend of Alabama-Tennessee football game. For those making their way back to east Tennessee from Tuscaloosa this offers a good stopping point. However, I was not in this group. I was making my way south to the Gulf Coast. This hotel like so many being constructed these days is basically home construction quality - that is built of two-by-four wood studs and plywood. We were unfortunate to be on the third floor of a four level hotel. Well into the evening/night the party in room above us checked-in/arrived. We heard every foot step they made until they went to bed. Voices also come through. Then came the biggest disappointment of all the next morning at the "free" breakfast. It was the worst breakfast ever at a Fairfield Inn. I read other comments of great breakfast - I am glad for these folks, but that was not my experience. If staying here I recommend the top floor and plan on eating cereal for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank owdpwd
We appreciate your taking the time to post a review. I deeply regret that your stay was not up to standard. We strive to be sure each guest has an enjoyable experience with us. It is through the reviews posted that we are able to create a better stay for each future guest. We encourage you to stay with us again so that we may show you our commitment to creating a better stay.
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel as a "stopping point" on the way to Pigeon Forge, TN. We saw it in one of the booklets at the AL welcome center and thought it would make a good place to rest. We could not have been more pleased. The place was in excellent condition, had a great staff, was close enough to walk to a restaurant, had free wifi and a great breakfast, all for an excellent price. We did try the pool, and it was small, but served the purpose to satisfy the kids. We needed two rooms, and the friendly staff helped us get two as close as possible. Had we not made another excursion on our way back from TN, we would have stayed there again on our way home. We will definitely plan to stay there again on our trip next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Neesya G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I hope your time in Pigeon Forge was just as wonderful. We look forward to seeing you and your family again.
LA
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Using Tripadvisor recommendations, we stopped here for the night. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Gave us a good rate as seniors. Room was clean, beds were comfortable. Breakfast was a wide choice of the usual: waffles, muffins, bagels, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, ham, etc. Area was clean. Recommend!

Room Tip: Close to interstate but no noise. We did ask from a room on the back side and stayed on 4th floor. Q...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank memlane25
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Upon arriving we was greeted by the sweetest gentlemen ever. He was very polite and welcoming. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone looking for a great place to stay. Breakfast was awesome. Wide variety. Rooms are very clean. Wifi was incredible. I would come back.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us. We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful staff. I will be sure LT knows that he helped make your stay memorable. We look forward to seeing you again.
TN
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed here twice on the way down to destin then on the way back. The place is very clean. The front staff was over the top nice. The rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. This was my first time staying at a Fairfield and this place sets the standard on hotel chains. We usually stay at Hampton Inn's but not anymore. On our way out I had forgotten my pillow and had to go back in. The front desk manager was so nice to get my key again and let me go back up. Thanks again for a great stay. You guys rock.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
LayneMatthews, Regional Director of Sales & Marketing at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear lovemyvacations80,

Thank you so much for your comments and giving us such a great review. We are so pleased that you had a great stay – twice – and that we won you over for Marriott! We look forward to welcoming your next arrival in Gadsden and hope to see you again soon.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,