“A Room Without A View”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Reviewed 30 April 2014

There are not a lot of choices in and around Gadsden for major chain hotels. This one isn't a bad example. It's a classic Fairfield design I've seen in other parts of the country.

I was upgraded to an Executive Suite featuring a nice working area with view of the window, which is nice when working. There are a couple of decent sized TVs and a music system. Microwave and standard refrigerator. The bathroom was a reasonable size, and the decent bed was laden with comfy pillows.

The Internet was reliable and fairly quick, even despite the storms and tornado warnings that happened during my stay. We didn't even have a power outage, like some places nearby did.

There are plenty of food options nearby, and a Walmart across the street.

Unfortunately for me, I was given room 213. This room is positioned right behind the large lobby canopy, so my view was basically of a wall. I could not see sky, or anything else. Just a wall.

I'm sure any of the other rooms would be a better experience. But the limited daylight and lack of view made this stay drop from a 4/5 to 2.5/5 for me. Thankfully a change in my business plans gave me a good excuse to check out early and switch hotels.

As long as you avoid rooms 213 and probably the room next to it, I think you'd find this an acceptable hotel, right up to the standards of a typical Fairfield.

Room Tip: DO NOT let them give you room 213, unless staring at a wall is okay for you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ZCT808
Good4uAlabama, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear ZCT808,

I would like to apologize that your room did not have the view you would have liked. I am sure this was very frustrating for you. We always try to be as accomodating as possible with all of our guests. Please mention your disappointment with your view in the future so that we may try to move you to a room more suitable for your needs. I am glad the the rest of your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to having an opportunity to have you as a guest again in the future and we will be sure you are given a better room with a view.

Neesya Goodman
GM

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Clean. Comfortable. Pleasant. I would stay here again if I returned. There is nothing fancy about this place, but it is very comfortable and very clean if you need a place to stay in or around Gadsden.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

It was a decent place to stay, good price, clean neat room, comfortable bed, and good breakfast
with spacious dining area. There is a Ruby Tuesdays and several other good places for dining within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2014

After several hours in the car, we try to stay where restaurants are near so we don't have to drive very far to eat. This Fairfield is located right off interstate I-59 and within walking distance of Cracker Barrel and Ruby Tuesday restaurants. Excellent, friendly staff, large clean room, comfortable bed in a quite room, and nice towels! What more could you ask for? Complimentary breakfast had a good variety. Enjoyed our stay. We liked the rate too! $59.00!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

First off, I used a travel coupon and was able to land a room for only 59 bucks plus taxes!! Which it a heck of a deal for a Fairfield! Besides the price I received one of the most warming welcomes during check in. He was a true gentleman and was the type that you could tell he loved his job. My stay took place 1/20/14 with my check in time around 630/7pm. Great service at the desk and a true asset to the company. Beds were amazing. Internet fast and trouble free. Decor nice and bathroom was clean!!! I have stayed at other Fairfields and this one ranked among the top, however, I have never had an unpleasant stay at one. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If you want an excellent deal, use a travel coupon for this stay! Great way to save 30 to 40 bucks...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank brandop82
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We were forced to stay here when one of our party ended up in the local ER. It was clean, quiet, free breakfast was wonderful- everything you would expect from a Fairfield Inn. The price was surprising low when we stayed, making for an even better experience.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Traveling north to TN we decided to use our Marriott points and overnight in Gadsden. The Fairfield is a clean and convenient choice off I-59. This is either a new hotel or recently renovated hotel. The room was spacious for a standard two queen room and very clean. WiFi in room was free and so was breakfast. Breakfast included a few hot items as well as the standard continental. If I'm in the area again I would definitely choose this hotel. Great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family