“Good, but they have trouble with "feather free"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Florida
“Good, but they have trouble with "feather free"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

After we checked in, I noticed that every pillow was down. I'm allergic, and I should have included that information when I made the reservation. I called down to the front desk and asked for foam pillows. I was told that they only had 1 at the desk and would bring others in a bit. I was heading out to an event when someone came with 3 pillows. When I returned, I found that only 1 of the 3 she had brought was foam. The others were still feathers. I went down the street and bought my own pillow. In general, the place is great. The staff is very very nice. The room was clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Good4uAlabama, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear DHARDIN,

I would like to apologize for the confusion with the Feather Free Pillows. I am sure that this was frustrating for you. I appreciate that you brought this to my attention. I will be sure that our staff is aware of the difference in the pillow types from now on. I am pleased to hear that the rest of your stay was good. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are our way.

SIncerely,
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Greeneville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here on our way to destin Florida , it was a very nice place , it was very clean also the lady at front desk was very friendly, there are restaurants close by to walk to. Would definitely stay there again. The continental breakfast wasn't great, the waffle maker was broke.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear SHACARDI,

I am so pleased that your enjoyed your visiit with us. I agree that we are in a great location with plenty of restaurants near by. I would like to apologize for the broken waffle maker. We will be sure that this is not an issue on your next trip through. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a positive review for us. We appreciated the feedback.

Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here while traveling through the area. The hotel is convenient to I-59 and there are plenty of restaurant choices in the area (including Subway, my favorite while traveling). Check-in was fast, front desk was friendly and helpful. The hotel itself looks new as everything was nice and fresh. The room was comfortable and the bed excellent. Breakfast is included and was very good. For the price you pay, this can't be beat! The only negative (a minor one) was that the bath towels were thin - not the quality you'd expect from the Marriott chain. Overall, excellent value and service for the money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cathy023,

I am pleased to hear that your overall stay with us was excellent. We strive to be sure each of our guests have a great guest experience. Marriott is very conscious of our guest comfort levels so I will be sure to pass on the information about the towels. We look forward to your next visit with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on our way to Pigeon Forge. Great place to stay & great location just off the interstate. The room was very clean & the bed was comfy. We had a king bed suite with sofa bed for the kids. The hotel is very modern & stylish. Great experience. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sassy3fan,

I hope that your stay in Pigeon Forge was as enjoyable for you as our hotel was. We really appreciate you taking the time to post such a nice review for us. We always want our guests to have a great stay experience. We look forward to you stopping by again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was our first time to stay at Fairfield Inn. It will not be our last!

Cleanest room, nicest check-in staff (Laura), fabulous and free breakfast. All for less than $75 when using the in-state travel coupon books. Need I say more?

GOODBYE LA QUINTA ----- HELLO FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES!

Room Tip: Get the in-state travel coupon books at the Information Center of the particular state's border.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TXchilibean,

Thank you so much for the rave review. I will be sure that Laura knows you mentioned her personally. That will certainly make her smile.We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

SIncerely,
Burnsville, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

There are not a lot of choices in and around Gadsden for major chain hotels. This one isn't a bad example. It's a classic Fairfield design I've seen in other parts of the country.

I was upgraded to an Executive Suite featuring a nice working area with view of the window, which is nice when working. There are a couple of decent sized TVs and a music system. Microwave and standard refrigerator. The bathroom was a reasonable size, and the decent bed was laden with comfy pillows.

The Internet was reliable and fairly quick, even despite the storms and tornado warnings that happened during my stay. We didn't even have a power outage, like some places nearby did.

There are plenty of food options nearby, and a Walmart across the street.

Unfortunately for me, I was given room 213. This room is positioned right behind the large lobby canopy, so my view was basically of a wall. I could not see sky, or anything else. Just a wall.

I'm sure any of the other rooms would be a better experience. But the limited daylight and lack of view made this stay drop from a 4/5 to 2.5/5 for me. Thankfully a change in my business plans gave me a good excuse to check out early and switch hotels.

As long as you avoid rooms 213 and probably the room next to it, I think you'd find this an acceptable hotel, right up to the standards of a typical Fairfield.

Room Tip: DO NOT let them give you room 213, unless staring at a wall is okay for you.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ZCT808
Dear ZCT808,

I would like to apologize that your room did not have the view you would have liked. I am sure this was very frustrating for you. We always try to be as accomodating as possible with all of our guests. Please mention your disappointment with your view in the future so that we may try to move you to a room more suitable for your needs. I am glad the the rest of your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to having an opportunity to have you as a guest again in the future and we will be sure you are given a better room with a view.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Clean. Comfortable. Pleasant. I would stay here again if I returned. There is nothing fancy about this place, but it is very comfortable and very clean if you need a place to stay in or around Gadsden.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business